Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #301
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface

Dancing classes?!? That's awesome, I can't recall if they offered them on the Dream or the Wonder. If they did, i'm pretty sure I would have been all over that
Granted o
I haves never been on the Disney cruise line, but on all the others I have done (13) and counting, they have offered dance classes..

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #302
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Hi, Pam! I don't know how I got so behind, but nevertheless, I'm all caught up now!!!

I can't believe the bad luck you and your Mom had at the DVC celebration. I would have been disappointed to!

I'd love to see pics of the jewelry you got in Nassau...sounds so pretty!
I know, what are the odds her name was drawn twice! If only I had gone to the spa raffle instead of her everything would have worked out.

The stone I picked out was so pretty. The story isn't over yet.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #303
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Caught up. Love all of the pics.

You spent a week in Cozumel? What would you suggest DS and I do on our Cozumel excursion day? I'm really looking at Nachi Cocom.
Thank you!

My two favorite things I did on Cozumel were visiting the San Gervasio ruins and Punta Sur which is a beach/national park. If I could take mom to both I would but I think I'm going to have to pick one. A friend here on the boards also enjoys Chankanaab park which I'm going to look into.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 02-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #304
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Dancing classes?!? That's awesome, I can't recall if they offered them on the Dream or the Wonder. If they did, i'm pretty sure I would have been all over that
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Granted o
I haves never been on the Disney cruise line, but on all the others I have done (13) and counting, they have offered dance classes..
They did have a salsa class the first night on the Dream but we were so tired we didn't go. I didn't see it offered again so I'm hoping to catch something this time around.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #305
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto

Thank you!

My two favorite things I did on Cozumel were visiting the San Gervasio ruins and Punta Sur which is a beach/national park. If I could take mom to both I would but I think I'm going to have to pick one. A friend here on the boards also enjoys Chankanaab park which I'm going to look into.
Can you tell me a little bit more about each? Joshua is so excited to go to Mexico because the girls have been but he hasn't.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #306
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Can you tell me a little bit more about each? Joshua is so excited to go to Mexico because the girls have been but he hasn't.
I'll do you one better, I'll post some pictures. I never uploaded them so I'll need to do that first.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #307
Pinkocto

Day 3 continued:

After finishing our treats we went to the Rainforest Room for a bit of relaxing. The time stamp on the Cove Café pictures say 2:37 so we had a few hours to kill until the 6:00 show of Toy Story the musical. We relaxed for a couple hours reading our books and chatting and then left around 5:00. We headed down to the room but first mom wanted to show me the secret verandah she had been enjoying. This is on Deck 7 Aft. She says nobody else was out there when she was.

I was impressed they were even cleaning the roof.

Our room was only a quick walk down the hallway so she enjoyed the verandah in the early mornings. We were planning on going to the theater early and get good seats but got distracted by a movie. I thought it was Frankenweenie but it ended up being ParaNorman. It was pretty bizarre. We ended up getting to the show only about 10 minutes ahead of time.

It was a very cute show and we cheered like crazy when Buzz came on stage. The girl who played Sid was quite scary though.

After the show we stopped by the DVC podium to see if there was trivia that evening. To commemorate Pirate Night the question was ‘which ship was docked at CC for a while?’ I said the Black Pearl for unknown reasons, mom corrected me with the Flying Dutchman. I’m sad it’s no longer there, it would have been so cool to see it in real life. We were given a nice little treasure box and a 2012 DVC Christmas ornament.

We saw these guys below.

Then we headed down to see Maxine and pick up my treasures! I was so excited I couldn’t stand it. She opened the earrings first which were such a tease, I knew what they looked like already. Bring on the necklace! It was stunning. I put it on right away. We had to sign something that we had received our items and with a gleaming smile on my face we headed up to the room to drop off our spoils. I took off the necklace to admire it and saw a chip. My heart sank. I said something to mom and she couldn’t see it. You could only see it at a certain angle but I could definitely feel it with my finger. We went straight down to Maxine again but she wasn’t there. Apparently everyone had already picked up their items so she left early. Two wonderful CMs at the Port Adventure Desk called Maxine and she said she’d be down in five minutes. They were curious about the necklace but for the life of them couldn’t see the chip. It was admittedly very small but it was there. I was so stressed. My stomach is in knots just thinking about it. Maxine finally came to rescue us. She first asked me if I had taken it off or knocked it against something. I had it for a grand total of 20 minutes, no I did not damage my brand new necklace. Then I started thinking would they have sold it with a chip? No she said, it had to have happened at some point when they were putting it in the setting. No more questions asked she started filling out paperwork. The process would take 4-6 weeks but they would provide me with a stone of equal or better quality. Sadly I did not get a picture of the pendant before handing it back to Maxine to take back to Diamonds International. I’ll happily take a picture the day my replacement arrives to show you guys. I’m just glad I saw the chip before the cruise was over so I didn’t have to ship it to anyone, this way Maxine is in charge of it and will take care of everything.

With a heavy heart we went to dinner. We were a bit late since Maxine had to fill out a bunch of paperwork but it was ok, they hadn’t gotten appetizers yet. The couple from Argentina asked us why we had missed the night before. I guess they didn’t hear us say that we were going to Palo. One of them had been quite seasick last night and only ate crackers for dinner. Well tonight it was my turn. Oh my. I never ever want to experience that again.

Mom and I both ordered the same items so not many pictures for this dinner. We were in Parrot Cay.

I was totally fine through the appetizer which was delicious pineapple.

I couldn’t eat more than a few bites of Mr. Smees Bib Lettuce Salad. It was very tasty though.

This usually comes with shrimp and scallops but the veggie version is quite delicious. I only ate a few bites of this as well.

My tablemates were concerned for me. Apparently I was looking green. I did think I would have to race to the restroom at one point but managed to get through. Cindy, our assistant server was so nice and offered to bring me a ginger ale which did help a lot. She said to take one Dramamine instead of two and it wouldn’t make me sleepy. I planned to go get some after dinner.

Before dessert they did a limbo which a lot of people got up and joined. I simply couldn’t but watched in amusement. Here is mom coming back from her dancing adventure.

I had no plans for dessert but mom got a Mickey bar. One of the girls asked me why I didn’t tell her you could get Mickey bars on the ship. All in good fun, but how was I to know she didn’t know. Now all of you who didn’t know, know for the future. Eat as many Mickey bars on the ship as you want. You can also get them through room service.

Thanks to Alicia I knew they had Dramamine down at the Health Center so that’s where we headed. When we finally made it there the bin was empty. How could that be. A CM just happened to come out of a side door, dressed in civilian clothes, but she went and found us some and put some more in the bin. That was so nice of her. We slowly made it back to the room and I took one per Cindy’s advice. I felt considerably better in about 10 minutes.

We went up to catch the fireworks and saw Pirate Mickey making a grand entrance. Sorry this is blurry.

We had a great view of the fireworks from behind the aft funnel. Hardly anybody was back there because the party was midship. After the fireworks we headed back to the room to call it a night. I was really disappointed to miss the dance party but I just wasn’t up to it.

This cutie was our animal for the night.

Last edited by Pinkocto; 02-22-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #308
Pinkocto

I'm sorry some of these pictures are so big. I just switched over to the new photobucket, they all say they're the same size. I don't know what to do.

Last edited by Pinkocto; 02-22-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #309
Joysnote
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm sorry some of these pictures are so big. I just switched over to the new photobucket, they all say they're the same size. I don't know what to do.

They were great! No need to apologize, thank you for posting them!!!

Disneyland last trip August 2012, next March 2014 Paradise Pier

Walt Disney World
Moved to Orlando Aug 2011, now I go about every day!

Disney Cruise Line Last trip Wonder Mar 2013, Fantasy Oct 2014
Joysnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #310
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joysnote View Post
They were great! No need to apologize, thank you for posting them!!!
Thank you

Old 02-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #311
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Wow that is a very empty deck! I don't even remember that deck otherwise we would have been there. A very secretive deck indeed.

Ugh, how unfortunate about your necklace. However, I am glad you gotten it taken care of right then and there, than having to deal with it when you got home. Who knows, when you got home you probably thought it would have been too much trouble to deal with it, and would have just kept it. Can't wait to see your new one when you get it

So glad that the medicine worked quickly for you. There is nothing worse than being sick on a ship where you have no control over the waves, etc. I hate being sick away from home.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #312
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I haven't switched over to the new PB either! I'm putting it off, I think i have like 10 days or something I refuse! I love the old version, not this new one.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #313
Pinkocto

Quote:
Wow that is a very empty deck! I don't even remember that deck otherwise we would have been there. A very secretive deck indeed.
Mom really enjoyed it early in the morning. I had read that it's usually always empty but was still surprised that it was. It's a lovely little area.

Quote:
Ugh, how unfortunate about your necklace. However, I am glad you gotten it taken care of right then and there, than having to deal with it when you got home. Who knows, when you got home you probably thought it would have been too much trouble to deal with it, and would have just kept it. Can't wait to see your new one when you get it
Me too, I am so glad I saw it then and not at home. I can't wait for the new one to arrive. It's being shipped to mom so she'll let me know ASAP.

Quote:
So glad that the medicine worked quickly for you. There is nothing worse than being sick on a ship where you have no control over the waves, etc. I hate being sick away from home.
If it weren't for you I'd have had no idea they had it at the health center. It was definitely a feeling I don't want to repeat. I'll be bringing my own stash just in case in the future.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #314
Pinkocto

Quote:
I haven't switched over to the new PB either! I'm putting it off, I think i have like 10 days or something I refuse! I love the old version, not this new one.
I don't like this knew one at all. I wish I had waited until the last minute to switch over. Apparently there's no way to go back now.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #315
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If it weren't for you I'd have had no idea they had it at the health center. It was definitely a feeling I don't want to repeat. I'll be bringing my own stash just in case in the future.
Especially for your 14 night trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: