Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #136
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran
 
dixonsontour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: lancashire uk
Posts: 4,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrea View Post
Loved the reviews and all the great pictures! Thank you.

I noticed that we were at WDW the same time as you, we were ther from the 13th to 30th October and stayed in a 1 bed at Old Key West.

I didn't do a dining report as we ate mainly offsite...well mainly cheesecake factory. We ate there 7 times in total!!

We also discovered Toojays which is now on our list of favourites and is a must do for our next trip. Have you been there?

Looked like you had a great time : 0 )
7 times wow - we do like cheesecake factory but haven't been for a few years. We've been to toojays once but a while ago - will have to go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosam View Post
Thank you for all the time and effort you put in to this report. We hope to be returning to Disney in September and will use the Deluxe plan. It was so helpful to see the variety of foods out there. I knew that I wanted to use TS credits for signature restaurants, but now I can see we will still have plenty of food with the snack credits throughout the day. You have done a phenomenal job!!
Thank you for reading and posting - glad it helped your planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInNYC View Post
Loved reading your report. It was an easy read. We are heading there next month and glad we picked some restaurants from your reviews. We love Ohana too. We can't miss that. Your daughter takes great pictures. She is beautiful. Thanks again.
Thank you - wish I was going back soon, have a lovely trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-4Bound View Post
I enjoyed reading your report so much! Thank you for sharing. You have a lovely family.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
I really enjoyed this dining review. I think this is my favorite since this June we will be going to many of these.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabug View Post
Fantastic report!!
You guys did some major planning and eating! I loved it!

I so enjoyed reading it and seeing all of the pictures!!

Your little girl is beautiful! My daughter is the same age, and her name is Anna too!!!

I love how you dressed her appropriately themed for the restaurant or park you were attending, I do the same!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!!

annabug
What a coincidence! Thanks for posting
__________________
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #137
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!
 
DLFan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 568

Lots of great pics! Looks like you had some yummy food! I think I need to try one of those coke floats from AK.
DLFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #138
ilovepete
DIS Veteran
 
ilovepete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Not far above The World
Posts: 1,866

Your DD is soooo cute! She just looks so happy in all the pictures and I love all of her pretty dresses.

Loved your reviews, please come back and do another one!
__________________
Me, wife to DH and mama to DD5 and DS7
DD's favorite character is Pete, so that is where the screen name comes in!
ilovepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #139
SusieBea
DIS Veteran
 
SusieBea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, IN & Hilton Head Island, SC
Posts: 1,897

Just read through your entire report. You made some really good choices. I'm sorry your experience at Citrico's was so poor. We really had a wonderful meal there. We also enjoy Jiko, Sanaa, Flying Fish, and Artist Point, oh, and Narcoossee's. Looking forward to your next report!
__________________
DVC OKW since 1993
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; VGF & OKW; SSR & OKW; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2015:
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #140
VillianDiva
Falling in LOVE with Disney!
 
VillianDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Memphis
Posts: 278

I loved reading your dining report. It has pretty much made me want to go deluxe this year! Your daughter is adorable and I loved her coordinating outfits!!
__________________
Mom (57) Me (28) DS (12)

'08 (Dolphin) , '09 (All-Star Music),
Disneyland 2011, and 2012 (POP)!

December 2013! (POFQ)
May 2014! POP!!
VillianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #141
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran
 
dixonsontour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: lancashire uk
Posts: 4,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123 View Post
Lots of great pics! Looks like you had some yummy food! I think I need to try one of those coke floats from AK.
Thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepete View Post
Your DD is soooo cute! She just looks so happy in all the pictures and I love all of her pretty dresses.

Loved your reviews, please come back and do another one!
Thank you - hoping to head back this October

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBea View Post
Just read through your entire report. You made some really good choices. I'm sorry your experience at Citrico's was so poor. We really had a wonderful meal there. We also enjoy Jiko, Sanaa, Flying Fish, and Artist Point, oh, and Narcoossee's. Looking forward to your next report!
Thank you for reading and posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillianDiva View Post
I loved reading your dining report. It has pretty much made me want to go deluxe this year! Your daughter is adorable and I loved her coordinating outfits!!
Deluxe was great definitely give it a try if you can
__________________
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #142
Mommyof3inVA
Mouseketeer
 
Mommyof3inVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 191

Thank you SO much for such wonderful reviews!! I really love the great photo's and descriptions. Your daughter is adorable!
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/2vubxwv2fnpt6m3c.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>

4-29-2012 Disney World-off property
4-20-2013 Wyndham Bonnet Creek
5-03-2014 Disney World-Polynesian
5-02-2015 Disney Cruise-Fantasy

Allie-7 Hunter-4 Alexis-3

Check out my Disney blog: http://disneyworldonabudget.blogspot...e-keeping.html
Mommyof3inVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #143
bbn1122
DIS Veteran
 
bbn1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,509

Loved your review....

... As a Mom of 3 boys ...I really enjoyed seeing your beautiful daughter in all her princess dress etc. it looks like she had a blast....she is a lucky young lady to have such nice parents to take her on such a wonderful vacation.....

Once again, thank you for your time and effort with this review ....it was very helpful for our future trip in June. This time with just 2 of my boys and my nephew is coming along with his family....so once again an all boys Disney Adventure....
__________________
BBN's Mom Jersey Shore
WDW: ASM 1996, POLY 2003,WL 2006, All Star Sports 2008
DVC - BLT April 2011, 2013
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #144
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda
 
jenjersnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CO
Posts: 4,716

Last night my 6-year-old DS and I went through your beautiful DR to remind us of our similar (alas, shorter by several days) deluxe dining trip a couple years ago - you hit all the places we did - and to gather ideas for our next trip. Thank you so much for sparking memories in my kid, a lot came flooding back! Makes me wish I had documented the details better.

I wish we could do deluxe next time but the general price increase plus my oldest is a Disney adult now - oy, painful.
__________________
Jen, mom to three

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #145
AndTheyLivedHappily
Earning My Ears
 
AndTheyLivedHappily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20

All of the steak and sides looked amazing! SO JEALOUS!
__________________
DM-
DF-
DS
Me
AndTheyLivedHappily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #146
chinhk
Mouseketeer
 
chinhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom
Posts: 217

Great reviews!

One question if you remember: How long did your three course meal at Narcoossee's took?

We have a ADR there at 7.55pm in Sept and hope to catch the hallowishes and the water pageant (either by having a table with a view if we are lucky enough or if not, it has to be from the verandah of the restaurant).
Considering to change our ADR to 7.30pm or so.
__________________


Previous trips
24-28 June 2004 Kyriad Hotel - Disneyland Paris
22-26 Dec 2004 Newport Bay Hotel - Disneyland Paris
3-6 April 2006 Santa Fe Hotel - Disneyland Paris
18-21 Dec 2006 Cheyenne Hotel - Disneyland Paris
11-16 July 2007 Disneyland Hotel (Castle Club) - Disneyland Paris
Feb 2010 Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge - Magic Kingdom
Dec 2011 Sequoia Lodge - Disneyland Paris
4 Feb 2012 - Hong Kong Disneyland
chinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #147
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran
 
dixonsontour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: lancashire uk
Posts: 4,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof3inVA View Post
Thank you SO much for such wonderful reviews!! I really love the great photo's and descriptions. Your daughter is adorable!
Thanks for reading and posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbn1122 View Post
Loved your review....

... As a Mom of 3 boys ...I really enjoyed seeing your beautiful daughter in all her princess dress etc. it looks like she had a blast....she is a lucky young lady to have such nice parents to take her on such a wonderful vacation.....

Once again, thank you for your time and effort with this review ....it was very helpful for our future trip in June. This time with just 2 of my boys and my nephew is coming along with his family....so once again an all boys Disney Adventure....
All boys sounds fun have a great trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
Last night my 6-year-old DS and I went through your beautiful DR to remind us of our similar (alas, shorter by several days) deluxe dining trip a couple years ago - you hit all the places we did - and to gather ideas for our next trip. Thank you so much for sparking memories in my kid, a lot came flooding back! Makes me wish I had documented the details better.

I wish we could do deluxe next time but the general price increase plus my oldest is a Disney adult now - oy, painful.
Agree about the price - one of the reasons we went for it in 2012. Glad it brought back happy memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndTheyLivedHappily View Post
All of the steak and sides looked amazing! SO JEALOUS!
Thank you - yes we did have a lot of steak!
__________________
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #148
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran
 
dixonsontour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: lancashire uk
Posts: 4,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinhk View Post
Great reviews!

One question if you remember: How long did your three course meal at Narcoossee's took?

We have a ADR there at 7.55pm in Sept and hope to catch the hallowishes and the water pageant (either by having a table with a view if we are lucky enough or if not, it has to be from the verandah of the restaurant).
Considering to change our ADR to 7.30pm or so.

Our ADR was 7.20 and hallo wishes at 9.30. We were seated straight away and meal took 2 hours.
__________________
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #149
Adie's Mama
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 60

Really enjoyed this thread! Thanks so much for posting all your thoughts and pics. Your daughter is just beautiful!!!
__________________
Me (Liz) DH DS1 (6) DS2 (3)

Pop Century 11/11-11/16/13
Disney Fantasy 11/16/13
BLT 11/10, POFQ 12/12
Disney Magic 11/10, 5/12 Disney Wonder 11/11
Adie's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #150
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran
 
dixonsontour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: lancashire uk
Posts: 4,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adie's Mama View Post
Really enjoyed this thread! Thanks so much for posting all your thoughts and pics. Your daughter is just beautiful!!!
Thank you so much for reading and posting - glad you enjoyed
__________________
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: