Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #29
Reddy
Scrapbooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherforhi View Post
Actually, the only reason I can think of to include the comment about Wal Mart is to offend. Where her co-worker worked in the past has absolutely no bearing on what is going on now. I used to be a cashier in a grocery store; does that make me less of a teacher now?

As far as being absent on Mondays, that is between the employee and her supervisor. If it causes a hardship for the OP, she would be well within her rights to speak to her supervisor about not being available due to childcare.

In 2010, there was a period of about six months when my husband was absent every other Friday. He has a chronic health condition that worsened and was receiving an infusion every other week. Friday was the day the clinic got him in. Our principal knew, and he was the only person told. It simply wasn't anyone else's business. I'm sure there were people who thought he was taking long weekends, but quite frankly, he doesn't answer to them.

if it is standing appt then the OP needs to know so s/he can have his/her kids covered instead of coming in & having to rush to find someone - it does effect the OP so the OP needs to know

if your DH job didn't effect anyone else then no they don't need to know - the OP doesn't need to know what the appt is just that the OP needs to cover on those days (not the why but the when)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: