Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #106
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
It is close to both the main building and the feature pool. For us, shorter walks to/from an evening swim or a run for mug refills matter more than a shorter walk to an advantageous bus stop in the morning, particularly when we're traveling in the winter months and often find that walk back from the pool to be rather chilly.
Yep!

Also I will probably walk to bus stop 3 for morning rope drops. The rest of the day the busses are not busy.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #107
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono

Yep!

Also I will probably walk to bus stop 3 for morning rope drops. The rest of the day the busses are not busy.
That is exactly my thoughts as well.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #108
Wcpedorc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono

I got the pass holder rate over spring/Easter break. I am paying less than $40 a night for this compared to regular room. If I have 2 glasses of wine and breakfast for myself and my daughter I break even. The sangria's at CSR are the best on property. Night it is only open 5-10 but since the same offerings you can hit it at 5p and head out for night or come back from parks early and catch it at end of day. At Deluxe the appetizers only out 5-7p. Also we are light eaters so fruit n cheese IS a meal for us).

Extra perk is the building location. 9b is right in between feature pool and main building with check-in/food/ shops etc.Also 9b is adjacent to beach area with hammocks and Cabana pool. I am really looking forward to trying it. If you haven't seen pics or video yet, check it out. Also look at a map for 9b location. I would recommend this for a change of pace.

Hope that helps!
CS is my favorite moderate! I have stayed there 5 times and am looking forward to this perk.
Trisha
I just booked it under $150 a night. I can't wait for September!
Wcpedorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #109
Ima Disnewby
Mouseketeer

Opinions/thoughts please for an overwhelmed and confused first timer!

Since we will have access to the lounge, is anything more than the quick serve plan overkill?? I definitely want to do ONE character meal (breakfast at Hollywood & Vine) but that is the only TS that is a must.

Since I've put out the extra money for lounge access should I lower my dining plan or just keep as is and likely get less use of the lounge? Confused!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #110
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Disnewby View Post

Since we will have access to the lounge, is anything more than the quick serve plan overkill?? I definitely want to do ONE character meal (breakfast at Hollywood & Vine) but that is the only TS that is a must.

Since I've put out the extra money for lounge access should I lower my dining plan or just keep as is and likely get less use of the lounge? Confused!
I wouldn't lower your dining plan. From the looks of the business class offerings there is no hot food offerings. The morning offerings are typical continental breakfast and cold snacks, chips, fruit, etc at times during the day. If you do enjoy a cold beer or a glass of wine they will have those available in the lounge. Like you, I have business class booked but I did it more for the quick breakfast items and the location of the rooms

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #111
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Disnewby View Post

The lounge is only open in the morning and evenings. They have basically snacks and is certainly no substitution for meals. Cold fruits and pastries in the morning, chips and cookies in the evening. Less than a deluxe club level offering.

If you only want to do one TS meal, you'd save money with the QS meal. But don't let the lounge influence your dining plan choice. You'll be hungry!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #112
kevingg
Mouseketeer

Are you able to take the beer/alcohol with you or do you need to stay and drink in the lounge? Just wondering if you would be able to take a couple drinks to the pool or back to the room for the next day at the pool.
kevingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #113
reynm7v0
Earning My Ears

I am joining this thread as we just booked CS business class for our October 1st-7th trip. I would love to see more pictures and read reviews from those who have experienced it first hand!
reynm7v0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #114
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynm7v0 View Post
I am joining this thread as we just booked CS business class for our October 1st-7th trip. I would love to see more pictures and read reviews from those who have experienced it first hand!
Go to the CSR thread, the pics are on the first page

Ps I am booked for 4/3 with dd 18 for bday. No dh or ds, just girls.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #115
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynm7v0 View Post
Sorry, just remembered a video of it on youtube too!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #116
Buddy18
Mouseketeer

For those who have stayed recently, do they still have the robes in the cabana 9b rooms along with the dvd players??
Buddy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #117
skiingwife
DIS Veteran

Sad to be leaving today. We had a short 4 night stay but we did a lot a d had fun. Club level was nice and I would definitely do it again. So convenient to go there for a quick breakfast before hurrying to the parks. We eat so much at other meals that its nice to have a lighter meal for breakfast.

We went to Hollywood Studies Wednesday. Hot there about 8:25 thinking I would be there in pretty decent time to get to the front of one of the fur styles. To my pleasant surprise, they opened at 8.30. So glad we were early! And better than that -- no rope drop. They made a much slower paced and safer walk to toy story mania. The park was not busy. We rode TSM 3 times, RnR 4 times, Tower of Terror once the. Back to use our toy story fast pass - all by 10:30. It was great to walk on all these rides.

We did have a rental car and used it. It was much quicker than taking bus especially with our AAA parking pass.
skiingwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #118
vikster1
DIS Veteran

We did have a rental car and used it. It was much quicker than taking bus especially with our AAA parking pass.[/QUOTE]

What is the AAA parking pass?
vikster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #119
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikster1 View Post
What is the AAA parking pass?
If you book your package with AAA, a preferred parking voucher is included. It allows you to park in closer parking spaces, which I believe are right after the handicap parking spaces at most parks. You still pay full price for parking. Some AAA clubs will give you a pass just for being a member or for purchasing you tickets through them, but most require you to book your package with them to obtain it.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #120
mercydisney
Is it on sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcpedorc View Post
I just booked it under $150 a night. I can't wait for September!
Wow! That is great rate, is this a passholder discount?
mercydisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: