Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #841
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politzania View Post
Nancy - thanks for the feedback! We're staying at the HIE on State Road 84 - Google Maps says about a 35 min drive - but depending on how long we spend at the grocery and/or if we share the shuttle - we'll prob be arriving closer to noon.

Our PAT is currently 11:30 - is it worth changing it to noon, or just leave it as is?

A quick dress code question - are shorts OK in the MDR for breakfast/lunch?
Oh, don't change your PAT. I just thought you might be expecting to be there and that 15-30 minutes later would disappoint you. Take your time - they do not care if you are late for your PAT.

When I went, it was a Sunday morning and I'd call it heavy traffic but we kept moving on I-95. The problem is there are a million signs and warnings about the express lanes and only being able to use them if you have the SUN transponders and that the fines would be millions of dollars if you were in those express lanes and on and on. I was trying to make sure I was way over to the right and of course that's where a lot of people were exiting and entering. And there are some slow drivers in Florida...

This time, I'm expecting the boulevard by the port to be busy since it is a Monday in downtown Miami.

Your driver will know what he's doing so that should be faster.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #842
kmitchel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcmh View Post
For those of you who have crossed the Panama Canal before... have you purchased the Order of the Ditch certificates from Tiffany Publishing? If so, were you happy with the final product? Any issues with having the Captain sign them while onboard?
I posted on FB the certificate that we got on the last PC Cruise on the Wonder from Disney. Sorry, I don't know how to post pics here.
kmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #843
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmitchel View Post
I posted on FB the certificate that we got on the last PC Cruise on the Wonder from Disney. Sorry, I don't know how to post pics here.
Just go to the webpage that your picture is on and option-click or right-click to get the image address of the picture, copy it. Then click on reply in the post and then click on the small yellow box that has a mountain and a square sun in it to get the popup window where you enter that address.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #844
Jcmh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Just go to the webpage that your picture is on and option-click or right-click to get the image address of the picture, copy it. Then click on reply in the post and then click on the small yellow box that has a mountain and a square sun in it to get the popup window where you enter that address.

I really like these - especially since Mickey signed it, too! This was from the 2008 cruise, right? Have they consistently given these to passengers on the recent PC crossings, too? If they have, I think I will probably skip getting the one from Tiffany Publishing and just use this instead. I like the one from Tiffany Publishing, but it is rather enormous.
Jcmh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #845
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcmh View Post
I really like these - especially since Mickey signed it, too! This was from the 2008 cruise, right? Have they consistently given these to passengers on the recent PC crossings, too? If they have, I think I will probably skip getting the one from Tiffany Publishing and just use this instead. I like the one from Tiffany Publishing, but it is rather enormous.
Its dated January 2011.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #846
Politzania
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
Yes, shorts are ok for breakfast and lunch.
I was 90% sure they were - but our only other DCL trip was Alaska and it was too darned cold to wear shorts much of anywhere on the ship!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #847
Jcmh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Its dated January 2011.
Doh! It sure is. And just as plain as day, too! Thanks for pointing that out! Me thinks I need more coffee this morning.
Jcmh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #848
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

Trying to keep up with everything...

WELCOME to all who joined us recently!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all with February birthdays!

So excited... We're leaving tomorrow for our 7 day Eastern on the Fantasy. This will be our Grand Slam--four cruises on the Magic, one on the Wonder, one on the Dream and now, the Fantasy (also did the Big Red Boat way back in 1992). Then four relaxing days at WDW, AK Kidani, after the cruise; may or may not get to any of the parks.

When we get back, only two months until this cruise!
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #849
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

Cg update

Time for a CHAMPAGNE GIRLS update:

If you're interested in being a Champagne Girl*, just post or PM me. I'll be keeping the list updated, here are the CGs so far:

Vakamalua
Megatron
GoinPlaces63 (mother, daughter)
Happy Goofy
Brixton
Lexa
Mom323
*Tinker*Bell*
ravensilverlight
corbett744
annichan
West Coast Novaks
Disjanny
Sharan56
Clari (mother, daughter)
ReAnSt
Beauty & the Best

* Consuming an alcoholic beverage is not required to be CG, but having fun is!

See page 1 for more Champagne Girls information and other great activities...
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #850
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakamalua View Post

So excited... We're leaving tomorrow for our 7 day Eastern on the Fantasy. This will be our Grand Slam--four cruises on the Magic, one on the Wonder, one on the Dream and now, the Fantasy (also did the Big Red Boat way back in 1992). Then four relaxing days at WDW, AK Kidani, after the cruise; may or may not get to any of the parks.

Have a FANTASTIC cruise!

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

Sept 12 - Sept 26 2014 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Eastbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #851
Jasmine123
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Have a great time So jealous!
Jasmine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #852
Chaopolis
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Ha! I did the Big Red Boat back in 1993.... and that was really the last cruise I did. So, this Cruise (for me, at least) is 20 YEARS overdue!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #853
Jackson's grammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

have a great time on the cruise.
Jackson's grammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #854
Jasmine123
Earning My Ears

Happy birthday to all those celebrating in February!!!

I have read somewhere that the character breakfast will be on one of the three days of the MDR standard rotations. Can someone tell me if this is true? I just don't want it to conflict with my Palo brunch.

Also, I have heard amazing things about the brunch, but am unsure of the dinner. I have booked dinner for Thursday, May 16, but am afraid that I will be missing out on the MDR menu if it is lobster or tenderloin. Is the Palo dinner worth it?

Any input would be appreciated.
Jasmine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #855
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine123 View Post
Happy birthday to all those celebrating in February!!!

I have read somewhere that the character breakfast will be on one of the three days of the MDR standard rotations. Can someone tell me if this is true? I just don't want it to conflict with my Palo brunch.

Also, I have heard amazing things about the brunch, but am unsure of the dinner. I have booked dinner for Thursday, May 16, but am afraid that I will be missing out on the MDR menu if it is lobster or tenderloin. Is the Palo dinner worth it?

Any input would be appreciated.
The character breakfasts are on 3 sea days, but I don't know if they are the first 3 or spread out. I'm sure if you did happen to get assigned to the same character breakfast day as your Palo brunch that you could change the character breakfast because there is a lot of room at them. You could have my spot - I didn't really enjoy it. Just make sure that you know when the others are because if your at the third and last one, you'll need to swap to one earlier in the cruise.

book the brunch when you want and then switch either the brunch or the breakfast.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: