Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
Babes317
Earning My Ears

Red face Free Dining

Are they planning to offer free dining this year in August and September???
Babes317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
izzy1070
Earning My Ears

I want to know too!
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Nobody can answer this right now, not even Disney. Its entirely dependent on how resort bookings are going.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
SFreelove
Mouseketeer

I'm also watching out for FD in september. I've been told that it's almost 100% FD will be offered for fall 2013. The bounce back offers for that time frame have already been out and used and had the FD offer. The only difference this year is, the dates are a bit different and a bit less then past years- this indicating that FD is on it's way out, as you may have heard. It's no surprise FD dates have been cut back since the econmy has gotten a bit better so it's not in such need to offer such a good promo like that as much. I'm not sold on FD being gone for good, but I do think we won't be seeing and knowing as much has the past 5 years. It'll be more of a guessing game and my guess is at that point when those changes do come into play, when FD is offered the parks will be a zoo because thats a promo almost everyone wants and a lot of ppl base their trip week off of!

But anyway thats just some insight I've got, i've been doing months research on this topic. Yes i'm sure to tell you I can BET you'll see free dining for aug and sept and you'll see that offer shortly on top of that. But it won't be so late into sept. like past years. Good Luck!
SFreelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
Creekermom
Mouseketeer

they seem to offer FD in Aug/Sept due to it being Hurricane Season and many travelers don't want to go then as we all know what can happen... trip being cut short etc...

šoš "SURPRISE" December 2012 WDW Trip (Thanks to my wonderful husband!) šoš
WDW
12/2011 & MVMCP~12/2010 & MVMCP ~9/2009~9/2007~
Creekermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #6
DandSx2
Earning My Ears

praying and waiting here....
Sept. 2011, Pop Century, 6 nights
Sept. 2012, All Star Movies, 7 nights
Jan. 2014 All Star Music, 6 nights + 1 added night/day due to a snow storm in Georgia *Forced to stay one more night in Disney? What a hard decision that was!
DandSx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

I'm hoping for late October, myself
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
robinb
DIS Veteran

Hey guys! There is a whole board for folks waiting for codes and special rates: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93. There should be a "code watch" thread for each month .
Old 02-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #9
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Hey guys! There is a whole board for folks waiting for codes and special rates: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93. There should be a "code watch" thread for each month .
Much with the helpful. Thank you!
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #10
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFreelove View Post
I'm also watching out for FD in september. I've been told that it's almost 100% FD will be offered for fall 2013. The bounce back offers for that time frame have already been out and used and had the FD offer. The only difference this year is, the dates are a bit different and a bit less then past years- this indicating that FD is on it's way out, as you may have heard. It's no surprise FD dates have been cut back since the econmy has gotten a bit better so it's not in such need to offer such a good promo like that as much. I'm not sold on FD being gone for good, but I do think we won't be seeing and knowing as much has the past 5 years. It'll be more of a guessing game and my guess is at that point when those changes do come into play, when FD is offered the parks will be a zoo because thats a promo almost everyone wants and a lot of ppl base their trip week off of!

But anyway thats just some insight I've got, i've been doing months research on this topic. Yes i'm sure to tell you I can BET you'll see free dining for aug and sept and you'll see that offer shortly on top of that. But it won't be so late into sept. like past years. Good Luck!

Right now the most current BB offers until the end 2013 are room discounts..not free dining.
Jan/feb are the slowest months and there was no free dining available this year.
It was a Play/sleep/Dine package..
For the past 6-7 years there has been free dining during that time until this year.

I wouldn't count on it for Fall this year..

vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #11
malacajo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFreelove View Post

I have to totally agree with you-I DO think there will be free dining for Sept-Sept is a very slow month and don't see any reason they would just completely cut it out this year out of the blue..I do think that they might be trying to "wean" us off of it by not being so liberal with it-for example, making it free QS for everyone, even deluxe....It's a waiting game and I'm in!! Waiting for FD for Sept 8-14~~Pixie Dust for all!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #12
The Island Mouse
Earning My Ears

I hope you're right!! Free dining is something we've been counting on for years!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #13
diztrip
Earning My Ears

I'm hoping for FD as well! It certainly makes it easier to get to Disney with that cost knocked off
diztrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #14
PACVII
Mouseketeer

Wishing for FD soon. If with anything like in the past should see something over the next few weeks or days. Come on FD
PACVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #15
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

At this point I don't care if it is FD or room discount. I just want to know! Regardless of what they do, we are going for 10 nights with dining but I would like to pay less. Plus, although I can buy plane tix with SW with no change fees, I just hate to book a flight b4 I know my dates are good. Then I have to change that plus ADRs! So waiting....not patiently at all.

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
kcwiak is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: