Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #301
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Lovin this TR!!!
I gotta ask!!! Would you pay over 2k more to cruise on the Fantasy instead of the Allure or Oasis?? Trying to answer that question and I'm driving myself nuts!

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #302
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingis2me View Post
We are excited to try Carnival! They've had some bad luck lately, that's for sure... But this could happen on ANY cruise ship, even our beloved Disney. I have got to give Carnival a nod toward how they are handling the situation. A total refund, paying for everyone's transportation and a free cruise in the future...

This is going to be fun! We originally wanted to go on the Disney Dream for the same date, but it would have been about $3700 for a 4 night. We got this for less than $2300 and its a 6 night and on a brand new ship! I don't think we are going to become "Carnies", but we love trying new things! Besides, Jen (and the rest of us) could sure use a break.

Ron
Have been pricing out Allure/Oasis and the Breeze! Can't wait to hear what you think of the Breeze! Waiting for them to open up pricing for June 2014.

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #303
maggs1035
DIS Veteran

Is this EVER going to be updated?
maggs1035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #304
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveysbydesign
Have been pricing out Allure/Oasis and the Breeze! Can't wait to hear what you think of the Breeze! Waiting for them to open up pricing for June 2014.
I went on the Disney fantasy in dec of 2012 and on the carnival breeze in jan of this yr. the breeze was a beautiful ship I was impressed with the decor, staff and food. My only dislike was the entertainment. The shows in the main theater pretty much stunk and we werent the only ones saying that. Other than that I felt it was a great value for the money and we had a great time.
disneysunshine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #305
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggs1035 View Post
Is this EVER going to be updated?
I'm sure OP will get to it as soon as it is feasible.

Real life sometimes interferes with Net life. Given that OP is doing this sans compensation, it's understandable that other things will take priority.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #306
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Finally all caught up. Hope things are going well and looking forward to your next installment! We know you've got a ton going on with your job changes so no worries on updates!

Last edited by luvslikepi; 02-21-2013 at 01:24 PM.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #307
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

My apologies for Jen... She'll be back... hopefully sooner than later...

Ron
Old 02-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #308
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My apologies for Jen... She'll be back... hopefully sooner than later...

Ron
No apologies necessary! Hope life is settling down for her.

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #309
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysunshine85 View Post
I went on the Disney fantasy in dec of 2012 and on the carnival breeze in jan of this yr. the breeze was a beautiful ship I was impressed with the decor, staff and food. My only dislike was the entertainment. The shows in the main theater pretty much stunk and we werent the only ones saying that. Other than that I felt it was a great value for the money and we had a great time.
Good to know. I've been reading reports about the shows being poor... Oh well... That is not really why we cruise anyway, just an added bonus. Believe me for what we paid for this cruise they could have a puppet show for all I care. I've heard the comedy shows are good though.

Ron
Old 02-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #310
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

I just finished reading your TR of the Allure. You almost have me convinced to try a line other than DCL! Can't wait to get caught up on this TR.
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #311
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveysbydesign View Post
Lovin this TR!!!
I gotta ask!!! Would you pay over 2k more to cruise on the Fantasy instead of the Allure or Oasis?? Trying to answer that question and I'm driving myself nuts!
That is a hard question to answer... The Allure is a completely different experience. The ship is extraordinary! It's a much more of a "complete" family resort style cruise ship. The entertainment is top notch and thrilling. I could go on and on about how awesome that ship is.... If you read Jen's Allure trip report I think you'll get the idea.

Now with the Fantasy. Yes the ship was awesome! The pools were frankly pathetic in comparison to the Allure. But the Aquaduck is fun! As fun as the Flowrider? Well not to me and the older kids, but to Jen and the little one it was more fun! The entertainment is cute and very family friendly, not necessarily the most talented performers like on the Allure, but still fun... The camraderie on the Disney ships is what kind of makes it special to me. If you are going on a Disney cruise, then you like Disney and Mickey and all that... That gives everyone something in common right off the bat... It's easier to hit it off with others, especially Dis-ers...

$2000 though... To put it in this perspective, you can go on the Allure and still have enough left over for a Carnival Breeze 6 night cruise... That's about what we paid for our Breeze cruise for all 5 of us.

We'll still keep alternating between Disney and Allure/Oasis even though Disney is a little more $. Only about $1000 in our case. We just like the different experiences...

If you've been on a Disney Cruise already, I'd say try the new experience. If not, and you absolutely love Disney, I think DCL would be worth the $. Or you can always use that extra $ to have a few days at WDW prior to your RCL cruise.

Ron
Old 02-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #312
JustTJ
Luv Dising

Quote:
That is a hard question to answer... The Allure is a completely different experience. The ship is extraordinary! It's a much more of a "complete" family resort style cruise ship. The entertainment is top notch and thrilling. I could go on and on about how awesome that ship is.... If you read Jen's Allure trip report I think you'll get the idea.

Now with the Fantasy. Yes the ship was awesome! The pools were frankly pathetic in comparison to the Allure. But the Aquaduck is fun! As fun as the Flowrider? Well not to me and the older kids, but to Jen and the little one it was more fun! The entertainment is cute and very family friendly, not necessarily the most talented performers like on the Allure, but still fun... The camraderie on the Disney ships is what kind of makes it special to me. If you are going on a Disney cruise, then you like Disney and Mickey and all that... That gives everyone something in common right off the bat... It's easier to hit it off with others, especially Dis-ers...

$2000 though... To put it in this perspective, you can go on the Allure and still have enough left over for a Carnival Breeze 6 night cruise... That's about what we paid for our Breeze cruise for all 5 of us.

We'll still keep alternating between Disney and Allure/Oasis even though Disney is a little more $. Only about $1000 in our case. We just like the different experiences...

If you've been on a Disney Cruise already, I'd say try the new experience. If not, and you absolutely love Disney, I think DCL would be worth the $. Or you can always use that extra $ to have a few days at WDW prior to your RCL cruise.

Ron
Fantastic Answer to that Diser's question! Couldn't have said it better myself
2011 Disney Dream "Mommy & Tim" B2B Cruise
2013 Disney Fantasy "Escape From Winter" Cruise

2014 RCI Oasis "Birthday Cruise"
2014 Disney Fantasy "Halloween" Cruise
JustTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #313
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Good to know. I've been reading reports about the shows being poor... Oh well... That is not really why we cruise anyway, just an added bonus. Believe me for what we paid for this cruise they could have a puppet show for all I care. I've heard the comedy shows are good though.

Ron
asa carni alum LOL I agree the shows arent good at all. Maybe on the new ships they are but we were on the freedom and it didnt wow us. we walked out. But yes the Comedy shows are great!!!! A few Adult games on the serenity deck are also hilarious. Kids had an ok time in the clubs when they were there too.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #314
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
asa carni alum LOL I agree the shows arent good at all. Maybe on the new ships they are but we were on the freedom and it didnt wow us. we walked out. But yes the Comedy shows are great!!!! A few Adult games on the serenity deck are also hilarious. Kids had an ok time in the clubs when they were there too.
From what I hear the Breeze has the worst shows on Carnival. Oh well... I'm looking forward to the comedy shows!

Ron
Old 02-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #315
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

fantasy

Quote:

Ron
i saw belive when i was on the fantasy back in september and i was crying buckets. it really is a great show.
2013 WDW Royal Guest @Port Orleans Riverside. 2012WDW @ Royal Guest Port Orleans Riverside Disney Cruise line The Fantasy. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French Quarter. 2002 WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Disney cruise line The Wonder.2007 Disneyland@ The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise Hotel. 2000 Disneyland @ The Disneyland Hotel. 1999 1998,1996 Disneyland off sight hotels.
A proud Disney Stockholder
A Proud Seahawk Fan 2014 Super bowl Champions
A Seattle Mariner fan

Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: