Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #961
schmity
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 31

Cute mat

I love the mat idea and may feel the need to copy and apply an Alaskan theme to it! Thank you for sharing!
schmity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #962
schmity
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 31

I love these and would love to use the idea in the future. Where might I find a pattern to make cute tags like this?

schmity is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #963
schmity
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 31

Love these! Perhaps I can knit some in time for our May cruise!
schmity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #964
Dzhenna
Planner Extraordinaire
 
Dzhenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitGB View Post
Wonderful items. Where did you get your ribbon for your key fob?
Thanks!! I got ribbon from several places including Etsy and some online ribbon stores after googling Disney or Mickey ribbon. HTH!
Dzhenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #965
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 147

We were just assigned our FE groups... There are 4 teens. Any suggestions on what to do or make for them? We are on a budget, but want to do something nice.
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #966
jelliott04
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana MSY
Posts: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmity View Post
Love these! Perhaps I can knit some in time for our May cruise!
They turned out really cute. I'd suggest getting the Dishie yarn from Knit Picks. If you look on my ravelry page, I tried Sugar & Cream, Jil Eaton and then Dishie. Dishie was so much easier on my hands than the other two and you get more yardage AND it is less expensive.

Here is my ravelry project page:

Jen
__________________
jelliott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #967
Jane1967
Disney Dreamer
 
Jane1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinPlaces63 View Post
We were just assigned our FE groups... There are 4 teens. Any suggestions on what to do or make for them? We are on a budget, but want to do something nice.
I am somewhat stuck on that too. I purchased Disney cups from Walmart (87 cents a piece) and filled them up with a bunch of candy they can take to the movies. In the girl's cups I also put a sheet of some cute peace, love, etc... tatoos (have one on my ankle right now...my DD said it was a must). I am clueless as to something else little to put in the boy's cups. We have a pretty large FE group. Any suggestions are welcomed!
__________________


Disney Wonder February 2009
Disney World February 2009
Disney Wonder June 2009
Disney Dream June 2011
Disney Fantasy March 2013
Disney World May 2014
Disney Fantasy May 2015
Jane1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #968
jelliott04
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana MSY
Posts: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1967 View Post
I am somewhat stuck on that too. I purchased Disney cups from Walmart (87 cents a piece) and filled them up with a bunch of candy they can take to the movies. In the girl's cups I also put a sheet of some cute peace, love, etc... tatoos (have one on my ankle right now...my DD said it was a must). I am clueless as to something else little to put in the boy's cups. We have a pretty large FE group. Any suggestions are welcomed!
You could always ask the FE groups to be split. We had 12 staterooms and less than 50 people individually. I thought if it was any more than that, I wouldn't have been able to swing it. Luckily we had a great organizer!

Jen
__________________
jelliott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #969
jenifred
Mouseketeer
 
jenifred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 393

These are all so great. I am getting really inspired. Thanks ro everyone who posted!
__________________
me DH DD5 DS2

jenifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #970
Jane1967
Disney Dreamer
 
Jane1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliott04 View Post
You could always ask the FE groups to be split. We had 12 staterooms and less than 50 people individually. I thought if it was any more than that, I wouldn't have been able to swing it. Luckily we had a great organizer!

Jen
We have a great organizer as well. There had been discussion about splitting into groups, however I guess some people didn't think it was necessary. We have something like 34 staterooms and over 100 and some people total. This being my first time doing FE, it is a little overwhelming.
__________________


Disney Wonder February 2009
Disney World February 2009
Disney Wonder June 2009
Disney Dream June 2011
Disney Fantasy March 2013
Disney World May 2014
Disney Fantasy May 2015
Jane1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #971
KaryCam
DIS Veteran
 
KaryCam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1967 View Post
I am somewhat stuck on that too. I purchased Disney cups from Walmart (87 cents a piece) and filled them up with a bunch of candy they can take to the movies. In the girl's cups I also put a sheet of some cute peace, love, etc... tatoos (have one on my ankle right now...my DD said it was a must). I am clueless as to something else little to put in the boy's cups. We have a pretty large FE group. Any suggestions are welcomed!
Love your cup idea.
As a Mom of a teen boy with braces, he can't eat some candies, but would love one of those lunchbox size things of pringles or chips since you were thinking about movie snacks.
Pirate tatoos are also a good idea since you were putting tatoos in the girls' cups anyway.
What about a glow stick on a string to wear or glow stick bracelets might be "manly" enough.
__________________
Karynne in SW Florida
I believe in Disney Magic
2015 Spring Break Cruise - West Caribbean (Jamaica) - Magic
2013 Spring Break Cruise - East Caribbean (San Juan) - Fantasy
2011 Christmas Cruise - West Caribbean - Magic
KaryCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #972
jelliott04
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana MSY
Posts: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1967 View Post
We have a great organizer as well. There had been discussion about splitting into groups, however I guess some people didn't think it was necessary. We have something like 34 staterooms and over 100 and some people total. This being my first time doing FE, it is a little overwhelming.
No way...that's too many. People will be overwhelmed and the quality and quantity of gifts will suffer.

Jen
__________________
jelliott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #973
Jane1967
Disney Dreamer
 
Jane1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryCam View Post
Love your cup idea.
As a Mom of a teen boy with braces, he can't eat some candies, but would love one of those lunchbox size things of pringles or chips since you were thinking about movie snacks.
Pirate tatoos are also a good idea since you were putting tatoos in the girls' cups anyway.
What about a glow stick on a string to wear or glow stick bracelets might be "manly" enough.
We are on the same cruise!! I was planning on doing something different for your son since you noted he had braces. I kind of separated my gifts by ages for both boys and girls. I gave something different for the 1-5 year olds. The 6 and up and I was doing the same thing so I wouldn't go crazy. We have some older teen boys too. Do you think they would like the glow stuff? My husband mentioned bouncy balls, but not sure how that would go over with other passengers. ????
__________________


Disney Wonder February 2009
Disney World February 2009
Disney Wonder June 2009
Disney Dream June 2011
Disney Fantasy March 2013
Disney World May 2014
Disney Fantasy May 2015
Jane1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #974
KaryCam
DIS Veteran
 
KaryCam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1967 View Post
We are on the same cruise!! I was planning on doing something different for your son since you noted he had braces. I kind of separated my gifts by ages for both boys and girls. I gave something different for the 1-5 year olds. The 6 and up and I was doing the same thing so I wouldn't go crazy. We have some older teen boys too. Do you think they would like the glow stuff? My husband mentioned bouncy balls, but not sure how that would go over with other passengers. ????
I would say no on boucing balls. That would drive some people crazy and could prove dangerous.
I've seen teen boys at church with the glow things different times for night events or halloween or even at scout camp.

So looking forward to our cruise. I was at the gym this morning and I kept saying to myself, "2 more weeks, 2 more weeks"
__________________
Karynne in SW Florida
I believe in Disney Magic
2015 Spring Break Cruise - West Caribbean (Jamaica) - Magic
2013 Spring Break Cruise - East Caribbean (San Juan) - Fantasy
2011 Christmas Cruise - West Caribbean - Magic
KaryCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #975
Jane1967
Disney Dreamer
 
Jane1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 301

Ok...thanks! I know! Have A LOT to do this weekend! Have to finish up sewing my FE. Haven't sewn for years, but it doesn't look bad I will have to say!
__________________


Disney Wonder February 2009
Disney World February 2009
Disney Wonder June 2009
Disney Dream June 2011
Disney Fantasy March 2013
Disney World May 2014
Disney Fantasy May 2015
Jane1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: