DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #2056
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMom View Post
So every year we stay at the villas in a studio for the 1/2 marathon weekend. We decided since we are not vacationing this year except for that trip that we would try to upgrade to a 1 BR. We put in our first wait list ever after figuring it out for Friday, Aug 30 to Monday, Sept 1 thinking that there was no way that we would get it since everyone there is usually running the 1/2 marathon on Sunday. Well this Saturday the Fri-Mon wait list came through! We almost fell over! Just to be daring we thought we would add one more day so that we can stay until Monday evening and head home after dinner. Well I just got notification that the wait list for that one ought came through also! So we are staying in a 1BR for the first time. We have been members since 2008 and always have stayed in a studio with the three kids sharing a bed or getting a sleeping bag and pad from housekeeping and they would rotate who would sleep on the floor. Now we all get our own beds and hubby and I even get our own room

Just had to share my excitement with people that understand!
I thought the limit in a studio was 4 (plus 1 under 3).
Old 02-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #2057
XMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I thought the limit in a studio was 4 (plus 1 under 3).
That is correct. The last time we were there, she was 4. We left her name off the reservation because we didn't have enough points for a 1BR. If a 3 year old can stay in the room with 4 others, then we figured a 4 year old could too. It sure isn't like stuffing 5 adults or even 4 adults into a room. At 3 she slept in the pack n play they supply in each room, and last time slept in the bed with her brothers.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #2058
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

I have a question about grocery delivery at VGC. We like to do the grocery delivery service through the MS sight when staying in the WDW DVC resorts, we like to get milk, pop, water, breakfast items, and any snacks for the room. When I was looking at the grocery order form for VGC, I noticed that they don't have as much of a selection as the ones for WDW. We like to get donuts or poptarts for breakfast on certain mornings but have found that you can't order these items while staying at VGC. I'm just wondering if there is a market somewhere in GCH where we can purchase these items at...we would still have the water, pop, milk and other items delivered to the room so we won't have to lug it up ourselves.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #2059
hakepb
DIS Veteran

If you can get them in "to go" containers like DisneyWorld, I would pick up some cinnamon rolls for the next day's breakfast (much, much better than pop-tarts) especially after a little bit in the microwave.
http://adventureswithben.com/food-dr...fast-everyday/

But the grocery order form does not have much besides bagels, cereal, and eggs.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #2060
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the tip, cinnamon rolls does sound much better then pop-tarts, especially if the cinnamon rolls look like those .

Old 02-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #2061
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
I have a question about grocery delivery at VGC. We like to do the grocery delivery service through the MS sight when staying in the WDW DVC resorts, we like to get milk, pop, water, breakfast items, and any snacks for the room. When I was looking at the grocery order form for VGC, I noticed that they don't have as much of a selection as the ones for WDW. We like to get donuts or poptarts for breakfast on certain mornings but have found that you can't order these items while staying at VGC. I'm just wondering if there is a market somewhere in GCH where we can purchase these items at...we would still have the water, pop, milk and other items delivered to the room so we won't have to lug it up ourselves.
Another option is Vons.com. We used their grocery delivery service a couple years ago. It was easy. Bell services called us when the delivery arrived, then brought them to the room.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #2062
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Thank you, I am definitely going to check them out. I'm glad that there is another option to use other then the one listed on the MS sight .

Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #2063
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Another option is Vons.com. We used their grocery delivery service a couple years ago. It was easy. Bell services called us when the delivery arrived, then brought them to the room.
We always use Garden Grocer at WDW for our grocery deliveries and they will also deliver beer - do you happen to know if this Vons will do that too? Also, at WDW, we get the order delivered to Bell Services around the time our plane lands and since they have access to refrigeration they store everything for us until we arrive and our villa is ready. Does it work the same at VGC?

ETA - nevermind - I called them! They DO deliver beer, wine & spirits and they WILL leave orders with Bell Services at DL but you have to contact Bell Services ahead of time to let them know to expect it. YAY!! AND I discovered that Vons is also Safeway so if you have a Safeway card you can use that account too. I am very happy! We can get our waffles and our beer all in one order!v

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

Last edited by Anal Annie; 02-25-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #2064
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

I have not done delivery but I often hear they would prefer YOU to be there when delivered for signing off IF you have alcohol WITH your order. Hopefully some can comfirm who has done this.
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #2065
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
We always use Garden Grocer at WDW for our grocery deliveries and they will also deliver beer - do you happen to know if this Vons will do that too? Also, at WDW, we get the order delivered to Bell Services around the time our plane lands and since they have access to refrigeration they store everything for us until we arrive and our villa is ready. Does it work the same at VGC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgaus View Post
I have not done delivery but I often hear they would prefer YOU to be there when delivered for signing off IF you have alcohol WITH your order. Hopefully some can comfirm who has done this.
I think I've heard that, too. My order did not have alcohol. I'm pretty sure the hotel staff does store it in a refrigerated area if it is not going directly to your room.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #2066
Anal Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgaus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
I think I've heard that, too. My order did not have alcohol. I'm pretty sure the hotel staff does store it in a refrigerated area if it is not going directly to your room.
I just edited my post above....I called them (Vons). Bell Services needs to know in advance if we're expecting beer or alcohol so they can be sure to have someone 21 or over to accept the order.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #2067
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
Thanks for the tip, cinnamon rolls does sound much better then pop-tarts, especially if the cinnamon rolls look like those .
The DisneyWorld cinnamon rolls have become a tradition for our family, but I've seen a few reviews saying the Disneyland ones are even better
Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #2068
DonnaL
DIS Veteran

Well......as far as alcohol in your Von's order....we were just at VGC last month and had Von's deliver our groceries which did include beer. We were told by Von's AND Bell Services that if we had any alcohol in our order we would need to be there to accept delivery ourselves. I had heard mixed thoughts on this so I called both Von's and the VGC and asked for Bell Services the week before our trip to verify whether they would accept or if we needed to so I could plan for the most convenient time to schedule a delivery when we would be there to accept it. Von's does give you a delivery window so we just made sure we were there during that window and they were right on time. The Von's delivery person called my cell when he was five minutes out and I just went to the lobby to sign for it......and then had Bell Services bring it up to the room (we had quite a large order....about $200....we ate most of our meals in since VCG is just so convenient to the parks...literally takes less than 10 minutes to get to/from either park). We were very pleased with Von's service and will definitely use them again when traveling to VGC. Check their website also.....they usually have a code for free delivery on your first order.
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #2069
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaL View Post
Check their website also.....they usually have a code for free delivery on your first order.
That's great info. Thanks!

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #2070
Anal Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaL View Post
Well......as far as alcohol in your Von's order....we were just at VGC last month and had Von's deliver our groceries which did include beer. We were told by Von's AND Bell Services that if we had any alcohol in our order we would need to be there to accept delivery ourselves. I had heard mixed thoughts on this so I called both Von's and the VGC and asked for Bell Services the week before our trip to verify whether they would accept or if we needed to so I could plan for the most convenient time to schedule a delivery when we would be there to accept it. Von's does give you a delivery window so we just made sure we were there during that window and they were right on time. The Von's delivery person called my cell when he was five minutes out and I just went to the lobby to sign for it......and then had Bell Services bring it up to the room (we had quite a large order....about $200....we ate most of our meals in since VCG is just so convenient to the parks...literally takes less than 10 minutes to get to/from either park). We were very pleased with Von's service and will definitely use them again when traveling to VGC. Check their website also.....they usually have a code for free delivery on your first order.
So when you called Bell Services what did they say? Would they accept it with the beer included? The girl I talked to yesterday at Vons said they would accept it as long as they were expecting it. Was she wrong?

The reason I want to plan to get it left with Bell Services is that we are (supposed to) land at 11:35 AM. I figure we'll likely just use a service like Super Shuttle to get to the resort. Not sure about the timing for that but was hoping maybe we'd be there by around 1:30ish. Well, so odds are that our villa won't be ready by then but if we're paying for a day of park tix we'll likely just want to store our luggage with Bell Services and head out to the parks. It's going to be hard to figure out a time that we'll be back to get our room. With only 4 nights in CA I'm certain we won't want to cut our park time short to sit around waiting for a grocery delivery. Not sure how to pick a delivery window if we don't just plan to get everything left with Bell Services. This is how we usually do it at WDW with our Garden Grocer deliveries...We just get it delivered around the time we land so that when we arrive at the resort just in case a villa IS ready we can just have it brought up right away.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: