Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #16
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Disney never does anything "reserved" for local traffic.

They use the general public to supplement the business when needed...then push them to the side when they don't.

Typically...people on vacation spend like drunken sailors...
Locals....don't. Or at least shouldn't...and in the case of most of central Florida, can't afford too.

Here endeth the rumor.
that makes perfect sense to me!!

I don't know if my friend got confused by some type of signage. Maybe there will be an adults-only area at DTD again??? (boy wouldn't a lot of us love to see the night clubs come back!) but I highly doubt it.

Usually every rumor I hear is found with a quick google, but not this one, so I had to come to the best place to find out!! If anyone hears anything regarding this, please post it here. Til then I guess we'll call it a silly rumor!!

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #17
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4evr View Post
Besides, at least the adults I have seen look (IMHO) silly with the styles.
I was one of the adults that did this last year with my 3 year old neice and yes, I did look silly. But, we went together and had it done. I already had my appointment booked when they changed to the no adults rule. I got a lot of stares and pointing from other adults, but you know what......DNeice and I had a BLAST!! We laughed and had the best time together. I even had some women tell me they wished they had the guts to do that before they made the rule. Well, I did have the guts and now when she's older we have all the photopass pictures to look back on! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
hebbynan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #18
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
Even so, Saratoga Springs has more than a full service spa and its right across the lake. I just don't see this even as a possibility. If anything should come from this, it'd be that the DTD location closes.
~I agree, this is a really dumb rumor. But, with all of the proposed changes at DTD -- I guess anything is possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
A full service spa in The World of Disney store; perhaps one of the loudest stores in America not to mention the crowds that you would have to fight it get into the spa...doesn't sound so relaxing or realistic.

I really cannot imagine that the DTD BBB would become some type of adult only venue. As it is now there is pretty much no where that is adult only since they took away the nightclubs.

And the DTD BBB is always very crowded with people out the salon waiting to get in. Little people who have parents who will buy them matching dresses and shoes and tiaras to go with those updos...not adults who are just wanting to get their hair done and out of there.

Liz
~LOL. I was thrown off by the "adult only" aspect, the only other option would be a bar! I agree with you - it's probably just nonsense.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: