Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
dcwild2001
Earning My Ears

Vacation Strategies BC Confirmation Issues - Anyone else?

I am traveling to Bonnet Creek in mid-March. I paid my final payment amount 2/1, and asked for my Wyndham confirmation. VS emailed that all I needed to check in to BC was my license. I emailed them back that I wanted the confirmation from Wyndham and got no reply, this was 2 weeks ago. I emailed again 3 days ago, quoting their policy that I should get a Wyndham confirmation when the final balance is paid. No response from VS. I called BC, and there is no reservation in my name. I left a voicemail this afternoon for VS so hopefully I will hear back, but to date they are not honoring the policy they provided to me when I booked the vacation.

They have such good reviews, so I don't know what's going on? Has anyone else had similiar issues, and if so, what was the outcome?

I will update when I get a response.
dcwild2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

Your name does not go on the BC reservation until 7 days out from check in.

Standard for most all 3rd party time share rentals.

Impaid in full back in January for my mid march trip and am in the same position as you. I am not worried.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #3
ottawafamilyof4
Earning My Ears

Same position as you. i talked to vs. they said they sometimes don't make the res in my name until the day before but they have the space reserved, that this is how they work and don't worry. i don't totally understand but i i have read a lot on theae boards and it always works out.
ottawafamilyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
dcwild2001
Earning My Ears

I hope that you are right. But so far they have not contacted me back. And if that is the case then they should not have asked for my final payment on 1/30/13, since at the time of booking, I was told:

"The final balance of $ ---.00 will not be due until you receive an email confirmation with the reservation in your name from Wyndham. This will typically occur within 5 to 20 days prior to your check-in date of 03/10/2013."
Old 02-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

no worries. We went thru this last summer. Your name will appear in WBC system about a week prior to arrival. Many many people on the Dis boards have used VS and I have yet to read any negative feedback. You will be fine I can promise you.
SYDCOLEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
dcwild2001
Earning My Ears

I spoke to a rep from VS last week. Despite what I was told when booking (that final payment would not be due until I got confirmation in my name from Wyndham 5-20 daysbefore the trip) I will not get confirmation in my name until the day of or the day before my trip. The stated reason is that the booking confirmation email to me was wrong (their rapid growth and change in policy), and also due to the fact that they allow cancellations up to the day of travel. I feel better having spoken to someone, but just be aware that what is told at the time of booking may not match their actual policy. For me, I would rather give up the cancellation policy and have a firm confirmation, but that's me.

I will say that they did upgrade me to an additional bedroom, and that they said the morning of the trip I could call and they would conference call me into BC so that I could hear the reservation confirmed. I am going on faith and hope that nothing falls through for my travel.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:13 AM   #7
MK2010
Mouseketeer

I was a little worried too.We booked through them for a trip back in Sept., but everything was fine. They really are on top of everything.
ASMu 2009
MK2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

update...my check in date is march 15. I called BC front desk this morning, and my name is now in the system.

I was able to make my tower request with no problem.

I have not gotten an email from BC. Only from VS and my last contact from them was months ago.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2