Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #211
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Wink

I am okay with people having a alcoholic beverage with a meal such as BOG. In part because food helps stablize the alcohol. I have had the occasional alcoholic beverage in Epcot.

I have posted about F&W which does have guests who are simply drinking and nothing else. If I see a person buzzed doesn't bother me. If I stand in Epcot in the middle of the afternoon and someone's sloshing beer on me than I have a problem or seeing a person being sick in the bushes, than I might have a problem.

I am okay with them limiting beverages at F&W or making the beer sample sizes. I believe that they limited beers at Busch Gardens/Sea World when they offered alcohol there.

Plus my mother recently returned and stated that F&W was a drunken festival and she had a much better time in Feb. Even my sister thought it was bad and enjoyed Feb much better.

But I think BOG and F&W are too different animals in the drink catagory.

Last edited by kbelle8995; 02-20-2013 at 09:50 AM.
kbelle8995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #212
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_me View Post
So, now that alcohol has been on the menu at BOG for several weeks, I'm wondering if any one's opinion of alcohol being served at the MK has changed, improved, evolved or worsened in the past couple of months.

I don't mean to "poke the bear" on this topic, but I'm genuinely interested in every one's thoughts on the matter.

Anyone ?
I had the same question and posted this on the Theme Park board due to heightened traffic. So far, no complaints.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066883
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:18 AM   #213
Joshua_me
Today's Sustainable Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
I had the same question and posted this on the Theme Park board due to heightened traffic. So far, no complaints.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066883
Oh, I'll check it out, JimmyV, thanks. That IS a much higher traffic board, but I just prefer the coziness of the podcast unplugged board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikjd68 View Post
Question: when the park opened, could you smoke on rides? Could you smoke while walking around the parks?

Did anyone comment that Walt, who died of lung cancer, was "spinning in his grave" when smoking was restricted?

Times change.
That's an interesting sidetrack, nikjd68...

I'm trying my best to remember my childhood days in the parks and if people smoked on the rides themselves. (At least the indoor ones...)

I THINK that smoking was prohibited along with "flash photography" and that rule was broadcast in front of each ride on a never-ending loop tape.

But, I could be wrong.

Once again, I'm sure someone here knows....

Keep those comments coming !

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Joshua_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:41 AM   #214
VisualArt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by daraddg
think they should keep it dry and just serve root beer type drinks to keep with the theme,can people really not survive the day at the park without a drink? geeze hit the monorial and get your fix at one of the resorts and come back
In the immortal words of Walt Disney. " keep moving forward ".

I don't think beer and wine at one restaurant, which I will have, is going to make me a drunken slob around the park. However, it may allow me to tolerate all of the "Starbucks is ruining Disney World" crowd.

Btw. On the war to get my beer at BYG, I'm getting delicious Starbucks in stead of the former swill.

VisualArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #215
nikjd68
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualArt
Btw. On the war to get my beer at BYG, I'm getting delicious Starbucks in stead of the former swill.
Do they serve all Starbucks drinks or just black coffee?
nikjd68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #216
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Along the lines of some recent posts here, I just made a new thread in the parks board about FastPass return time enforcement. Love to hear your comments.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: