Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #16
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken View Post
Once FP+ is in full use, sneaking in will do more damage than it's worth. Every RFID you pass will know you never entered the park and could alert security. No rides will let you on. You can't get or use FP. You can't order food at some QS. You can't use ADR.

All you could do is watch the parades from non-preferred viewing locations. Not much incentive to sneak in.
That is assuming you are wearing an rfid bracelet.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #17
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

I was there in December for what seemed like the first day each park was implementing the RFID entry. It seemed very easy to me, they only called resort guests over and they guided us through the process each time.

I didn't really require the guidance after the first time, but I'm sure having a cast member there is important for these other reasons.

I'm looking forward to magic bands and full rfid implementation. I have confidence it will make things easier and "more magical".
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #18
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila

Quote:
Once FP+ is in full use, sneaking in will do more damage than it's worth. Every RFID you pass will know you never entered the park and could alert security. No rides will let you on. You can't get or use FP. You can't order food at some QS. You can't use ADR.

All you could do is watch the parades from non-preferred viewing locations. Not much incentive to sneak in.
They way I understand it, using MyMagic+ won't be a requirement for rides and such, and you can still participate the old fashioned way. Besides, I bet people would love to sneak in for the parades and fireworks.

I already bought my tickets and wouldn't consider sneaking in, but I was wondering the same thing as OP, and even though they haven't posted anything else, I can't assume their intentions are bad. I'm curious how it would work because I'd be kind of upset about riff raff sneaking in while I'm paying hundreds. Disney's invisible security is pretty impressive, though, so I hope it's not a problem.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #19
franluvsbubba
Mouseketeer

Wht does RFID stand for? It's funny cause I literally jst saw a pic of the new turnstiles today on Kingdom Magic's website. I'm going bk in Sept and an interested in how it'll b by thn.
franluvsbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #20
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by franluvsbubba View Post
Wht does RFID stand for? It's funny cause I literally jst saw a pic of the new turnstiles today on Kingdom Magic's website. I'm going bk in Sept and an interested in how it'll b by thn.
Radio Frequency ID
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #21
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

Quote:

This could be what they are going for. Unless you buy a ticket all you could do is walk around. the plus for Disney is drawing in people to buy food and trinkets. The unknown is will they be able to generate enough revenue to pay the live entertainment IE Off Kilter etc.
manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #22
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manning View Post
This could be what they are going for. Unless you buy a ticket all you could do is walk around. the plus for Disney is drawing in people to buy food and trinkets. The unknown is will they be able to generate enough revenue to pay the live entertainment IE Off Kilter etc.
As far as we know, things won't be any different with as they are now with regards to not having a ticket. MagicBands/RFID cards as far as we know won't be required to go on an attraction, only to get/use a FP/FP+. They won't be required to eat - only to order in advance (if offered). There isn't even any indication that they will be required to get or use an ADR.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: