Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
DisneyDreamer0610
Earning My Ears

Best type of Croc shoes?

I am trying to buy all my disney stuff right now...

What are the best croc shoes to wear? I have read everywhere they are some of the best shoes to wear in the parks.

What style of croc is the best for men? women? children? I don't own crocs nor have I ever gone to Disney is anything other than regular tennis shoes.

I have back problems now so I really need good shoes for myself and family. I bought a pair of Teva flip flops and think they are super comfortable ...I'm a flip flops year round kinda person (being from TX you kinda can get away with it too) so any suggestions on this one would be a huge help! Thank you everyone!

DisneyDreamer0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
Lisa71
Adoption Rocks!

Any crocs are comfy and for kids the ones with an extra strap to keep them on help. My dh loves to tease as I think men look silly in crocs. My cousins wear them and it looks odd to me..they do not come in dh size 15...so I win! He wore Teva sandals or sneakers our last trip.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

I love the different kinds of Crocs flats. I refuse to wear the clogs because I think they are so ugly. The flats are cute and comfy! For summer I like the ones that look like the jellies from the 80's. BUt I've worn several different styles to DLR and will be taking them with me to WDW too. Some of them I've gotten on Amazon.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
Fueledbycoffee
Mouseketeer

Our (dd & myself) favorite style of Croc for Disney is the a Mary Jane. They discontinued our favorite version (had an adjustable backstrap) but the current version "Shayna" is close. I like how it's not the clog style but still roomy & comfy.

Bonus feature: when/if your feet get warm you walk through a water station & if feels so good!
Fueledbycoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
iScrap
Mouseketeer

I loved my Crocs Capri flip flops - the strap and thong part are fabric. Those saved my feet on our last trip. My feet were tired, but not sore if you know what I mean, and no blisters.

Next trip: March 2015 - Beach Club Villas
My 21st trip/DH's 4th

iScrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #6
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

I have pretty severe feet issues, and I swear by Crocs Capris. The only issue I had with them was that I tried a new pair last year, and I got blisters where the thong is. I guess I didn't wear them enough before leaving.

I wear Crocs constantly, (well, most of the time anyway) and I love that there are so many great styles now. My doctor ordered me into them years ago, and I whined and cried about it b/c they only had the beach clog type then. I finally got a pair and have never looked back.

I find for Disney the regular style beach clog is not supportive enough. That is why the Capris have been so great for me. They are super thick at the heel, so I have no pain. The pair I tried last year was leather, and I had previously only used Capris made out of suede and a material that I can't remember. I am going to bring them again though! I will just get my feet used to them ahead of time and bring body glide.

B/c of the blisters I ended up in a pair of regular Crocs, but they have Mickey holes in them. I only wear them in my house now b/c I feel like a dork anywhere but Disney. The only other pointer I will give you is that you have to make sure they have holes for breathing b/c you will get Athlete's foot otherwise. Two people I know that bought the Crocbands ballet flat got really bad AF.

As for styles, for men I prefer the Off Road Crocs. They don't look as bad as the regular style. For kids I usually get the regular style or some type of ballet flat for my girls.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
HerRoyalHighness
Earning My Ears

I have several styles I like...went to their website to see what they still had because mine are two years old.

Athens
Cleo (but I might look at a pair of Cleo II)

It doesn't look like they have the Almost Barefoot (ABF) ones anymore. Boo. I have a pair that I just LOVE LOVE LOVE. Ugly, but good.

Dicks Sporting goods has a ton. So does 6pm.com
HerRoyalHighness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #8
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

I won't know about Disney for a couple days, but i have the Mercy clogs. They are black or white only, with or without a silver swirly pattern on the top edge. I got the white and silver for work and they were so comfy that I went back for the black and silver for casual wear. I do wear them all the time, they're not as ugly as the regular crocs. More like traditional clogs.

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #9
katclicks
Mouseketeer

I wore my Kadee crocs the entire time on our last trip. They were extremely comfortable and cute. I get compliments on them all the time, people are shocked to hear they are crocs.
katclicks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: