Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2013, 02:16 AM   #9
MissAndrea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormania View Post
I do wonder how some of you are doing Disney for only $2000 or so. For our small family of 3 airfare alone is at least $1000. If we drove it would be 16 hrs each way and a total of over $700 in gas so flying is a no brainer. Tickets for the 3 of us is another $1000 (8 day parkhoppers).
We are a family of 3, we have a 20ish hour drive, and we pay between $450-500 for gas...and we drive a SUV! $700 seems like a lot for only a 16 hour drive We've never been able to find flights for less than the price of driving. We primarily use our Disney Visa for everything (pay it off every month) except when Discover is offering 5%, then we will use the Discover card. We use our Discover rewards to cash in on Shell gas gift cards which brings our driving/gas total down even further. We usually have 2 $75 cards for a trip.

As far as tickets go, we don't get park hopper. I'm probably in the minority but we all hated them! We got AP's last year (since we were going 3 times in a 12 month period) and park hoppers were included. To each their own but since we don't like them, we save a lot by not getting hoppers.

We've gotten free dining twice which helped out a lot for those trips!

I'm with everyone else on the negative comments from friends. It irritates me when people ask why we go so much. What the heck does it matter to them?? It's not their vacation!! It's not their money!! I don't get it. I've also helped MANY people on their trips but luckily haven't had any of them come back complaining. Many of them don't even end up going (that I know of...just based on never seeing it on FB). I helped one of my best friends and she said everything I told her helped tremendously. If nothing else, at least one person followed my advice. On the other hand, I have seen friends who have never asked for my advice complain about crowds. What the heck do they expect when they go on Christmas?! Thank goodness for the disboards!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: