DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #16
MrD1sturbed
Earning My Ears

Wouldn't be easier to take the Monorail from Epcot to TPC and then to MK? The buses can be a hassle, especially if you have a large group. This is of course assuming you have an AP/PAP or some form of park hopper.

MrD1sturbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDaD7 View Post
And my question is "Why when returning were we the last stop?" Everything was reversed. Every single time we went to AK or MK...
Interesting question! I assume the bus heads back out to a park or somewhere after the last of the returning passengers are off the bus. Maybe they fully empty the bus of all returning passengers, then switch to pickup mode. That would make the BW the last dropoff stop and also the first pickup stop to the new destination. That would be inefficient since they would then have to go back to the Swan and Dolphin to pick up passengers for the new destination but maybe that's what they do.

We always get off at the first stop on the way back and walk to the BWV from there so I don't know if they pick up passengers as well as drop them off when they stop at the Swan and at the Dolphin. Does anybody know?

ETA: Maybe from morning until early afternoon they stop at the BW first, then the Dolphin, then the Swan and after a certain time of day they reverse the order. So when you head out to the MK in the morning the bus stops at the BW stop first but when you are returning later in the day the order has changed. At one time they did that with the boats that go between the MK, WL and Fort Wilderness. For part of the day the order was MK->WL->FW->MK and for the rest of the day it was MK->FW->WL->MK.

Last edited by LisaS; 02-21-2013 at 12:21 AM.
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #18
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrD1sturbed View Post
Wouldn't be easier to take the Monorail from Epcot to TPC and then to MK? The buses can be a hassle, especially if you have a large group. This is of course assuming you have an AP/PAP or some form of park hopper.
You have to have park admission to get through Epcot. And then you have to wait for two monorails. It is probably quicker to just take the bus.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: