Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #31
tasha99
DIS Veteran

Personally I would have brought the 4 year old with me and left the two older kids standing right outside the bathroom. But . . . there isn't only one way to change a diaper, and your way was okay if your 11 year old is responsible.

I think the agent over reacted. I would have apologized and thanked the agent for her concern. If that didn't stop her, I'd have asked for her name and let her know I thought she'd crossed the line from being helpful and concerned to being unhelpful to a customer. Don't let people who are providing poor customer service make you cry. They are there to help you, and if they aren't doing a good job of that, it's worth writing a letter or talking with a supervisor, not worth tears.

Someone said a little poop never killed anyone, but I disagree. A little poop has killed lots of people, and I would want to change a leaky diaper ASAP for the sake of elderly people (who might have a weak immune system).
Old 02-20-2013, 10:55 PM   #32
sandramaac
Needs to look harder...
wonder what the punishment would be for excessive burping

I am not getting the 'Humiliated' part of this post----feeling this one of those bait and troll threads, especially since it is a 'new' person with a low post count . Been burned on too many DIS threads to believe this one
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #33
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I would have wanted to change an oozing poopy mess right away as well, and would have trusted kids those ages to wait together until dad arrived or I finished and returned. The airport sounds like it was quiet and obviously there is security there. The security guard could have kept an eye on them if she was concerned, it doesn't sound like interrogating them was necessary. I'm sorry it was so upsetting for you, hopefully your husband de-escalated the situation when he arrived.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #34
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandramaac View Post
I am not getting the 'Humiliated' part of this post----feeling this one of those bait and troll threads, especially since it is a 'new' person with a low post count . Been burned on too many DIS threads to believe this one
391 is a low post count?

And, as a parent, anytime anyone questions your parenting, you feel like you're doing a rotten job. Heck, I question my own parenting style and worry if it's the right way to do things, on occasion. Being in a stressed situation, and being lectured about how you are handling your children can certainly make you feel humilated.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #35
Mrs.Malone
DIS Veteran

Normally I'd be concerned that DD had given so
much info to a stranger, but you have to remember that this
was a uniformed airport employee. Other uniformed
airport personnel (TSA, security, flight attendants)
are given so much authority to really mess up
your life or at least your vacation if you misbehave, if OP is anything like me
she's drilled it into her kids that you never argue with
these people. DD probably had the sense that the SW
agent was an official who must be obeyed.

OP, I completely understand how you feel. I would feel
just as sad and humiliated. Try not to let it spoil your memories
of your trip. You didn't do anything wrong. It was
a perfect storm (sick baby at inopportune time,
inconvenient bathroom situation, overreactive agent, the fact that
it was a gambling town where they see kids genuinely
left unattended). I would have done what you
did except perhaps I would have taken DS 4 in the restroom
with me.

I hope you will be able to look back and laugh
someday!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #36
hellow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfans95 View Post
you cried? why would you cry?

holy stuff batman, stand up for yourself.. Why would you let some ticket agent bully you?

You are not going to get hauled off to some gov't torture chamber because you did the right thing..

Get the big girl panties on and stnad your ground..

Don't cry..
Oh come on! Sometimes telling someone not to cry is like telling a bear not to &^%$ in the woods. Give her a break! I have two daughters who are very strong women and they saw me cry a lot in stressful situations. It taught them EMPATHY. In this day and age, it is amazing how people are saying they would call CPS about this? All I can say is you should hear the stories I could tell of things I went through and peers went through growing up. This is a non-issue as far as CPS is concerned.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #37
hellow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney View Post
I would have wanted to change an oozing poopy mess right away as well, and would have trusted kids those ages to wait together until dad arrived or I finished and returned. The airport sounds like it was quiet and obviously there is security there. The security guard could have kept an eye on them if she was concerned, it doesn't sound like interrogating them was necessary. I'm sorry it was so upsetting for you, hopefully your husband de-escalated the situation when he arrived.
Agreed! I am sure if you walked up to anyone who worked in the airport and they saw poop oozing they would have sent you on your way to the restroom without batting an eye.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #38
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I would let it go. You did nothing wrong and yet it really wasn't awful of the airline employee to make sure that the kids were OK. Don't let some naysayers get to you and again just let it go. It's done and over with.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #39
JessB320
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baliezer

My daughter did tell her that. As did my husband when she called him.
I don't understand this part. Your first post said your DH had left when you discovered the poopy 2 year old. How did know anything that was happening when the employee called him?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #40
meowmarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
Where I am from the second call would have been made to security and the third call would have been to child protective services. And yes they would have been very late to school the next morning.
Sure, because CPS has enough employees checking up on the children that are being locked in closets, beaten, and/or not fed by their caregivers that they can send their extras to look after the older children waiting for their mother to get out of the airport bathroom.

11/14 OKW ~ 2/13 POP ~ 2/12 DLR ~ 12/09 POP ~ 8/08 FWC ~ 6 pre-2000 trips (I've lost track!)
Old 02-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #41
WDWDancer
Recruiting Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnball

It's the timeline that gets me. In Reno, the bathrooms aren't really visible from the airline counters. They're down near baggage claim and rental cars. To see that there's a problem, go down and chat up the oldest girl, look up the flight information, call the husband, come all the way back... that's a long time to be in the bathroom.

And neither of the older girls made the decision that one of them ought to go into the bathroom and tell mom that someone was asking questions about where their parents were. I think part of the story is missing here.
This - I would hope the one of the older girls or the gate agent would come in the restroom to tell mom.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #42
Keli
We're smarter than the average bear!
I would scrap everyday if I could
What do you think? You were raised in a barn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320

I don't understand this part. Your first post said your DH had left when you discovered the poopy 2 year old. How did know anything that was happening when the employee called him?
I'm assuming mom and dad both had cell phones with them. First thing I would have done was call dh and let him know where I was going with the kids and why. If he later received a call from some over zealous and rude employee he would know where I was and be able to tell the agent that. Why didn't the agent just put her head in the bathroom and check if she was so worried about the situation?

1981-The early years. 2011-The not-so-early years
Old 02-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #43
ForMyBoys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandramaac View Post
I understand her being humiliated. And I've seen way more than one post like yours while surfing this board... accusing various people of being trolls. It makes a newbie feel quite unwelcome.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #44
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmarie

Sure, because CPS has enough employees checking up on the children that are being locked in closets, beaten, and/or not fed by their caregivers that they can send their extras to look after the older children waiting for their mother to get out of the airport bathroom.
Exactly. That's CPS worthy? Really? What an overreaction that is.

If the daughter explained mom was in the bathroom, why was the agent threatening to call security? How long were you, OP, actually gone?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:12 AM   #45
tasha99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal View Post
Exactly. That's CPS worthy? Really? What an overreaction that is.

If the daughter explained mom was in the bathroom, why was the agent threatening to call security? How long were you, OP, actually gone?
I agree. Calling CPS on non-issues only bogs them down so they can't do their job protecting kids from real abuse.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: