Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #256
Rorey
Mouseketeer
 
Rorey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawner View Post
I'm sorry ..I didn't ask this AM which hotels. There are usually a few different value resorts/moderate resorts that they stay in. Safe bet is to stay away from the values ..unless you don't mind the cheer squads and youthfulness that come with them!
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Dawn

No, you were great help! Thanks so much!! Of course we'll be at Pop, but heck we'll be at Disney, so it will be all ok!
__________________

**Becky**
Beach Club - October 2011, AoA and ASMo - December 2013
Numerous visits to Disneyland
Rorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #257
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran
 
tinkbyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,747

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmanrmv View Post
First time replying on this site, but used it many times before for great information. Just booked 12/1 to 12/7 at CBR, first time staying at a resort. Hoping for a FD deal since my 3yr old DD loves the character meals. Looking forward to using all the great information on the board!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Subbing. We are booked 11/28 - 12/4 at the Dolphin and my parents are booked for the same time at Pop. Keeping an eye on it all and will shift dates if necessary depending on Pop & discounts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawner View Post
I called Pop Warner and the dates that the employee (Mike) gave to me was .. Dec 7-14, 2013.
This is extrememly good for me - I was going to go from Dec 1-7th .. so looks like I will be skating out of there (or cheering out of there!!) just as the teams start rolling in !!

I hope this helps !
dawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorey View Post
Thanks for the dates. We'll be there Dec. 4th - 15th, do we know which resort Pop Warner are staying at yet?
__________________






Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
tinkbyday is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #258
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master
 
poohbear13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 690

If you have to go pop warner week i also say stay away from Coranado Springs. We were there durring Pop Warner last year and I wanted to stuff them all in the pool. we had more than our fill of rude cheerleading kids and parents.
__________________
Chrissy Bobby Timmy Zachy Lilo Stitch TinerbellSebastian

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #259
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!
 
goofy4prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 3,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear13 View Post
If you have to go pop warner week i also say stay away from Coranado Springs. We were there durring Pop Warner last year and I wanted to stuff them all in the pool. we had more than our fill of rude cheerleading kids and parents.
I have heard others say that as well about Pop Warner and CSR. However, I have also seen many say that each year it is a different moderate that is used by Pop Warner. Not sure if this is true, but I am thrilled that when I am at CSR this year it is the week before Pop Warner.
__________________
Aug. 2008 Wilderness Lodge- CL Jan 2009 Yacht Club-CL Aug. 2010 Wilderness Lodge-CL Nov. 2013 Wilderness Lodge-CL June 2014 Contemporary Resort-CL

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #260
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master
 
poohbear13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I have heard others say that as well about Pop Warner and CSR. However, I have also seen many say that each year it is a different moderate that is used by Pop Warner. Not sure if this is true, but I am thrilled that when I am at CSR this year it is the week before Pop Warner.
They were holding a lot of their cheer and dance competition things at CSR because it is a convention center. They also hold events at ESPN

All I know is that after our stay there i knew I wanted avoid Pop Warner week at all cost.
__________________
Chrissy Bobby Timmy Zachy Lilo Stitch TinerbellSebastian

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #261
mlamanna1701
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear13

They were holding a lot of their cheer and dance competition things at CSR because it is a convention center. They also hold events at ESPN

All I know is that after our stay there i knew I wanted avoid Pop Warner week at all cost.
I was trying to avoid Pop Warner week myself. When I booked, I didn't take into account how late Thanksgiving is. So of course my plans involve my family going when they arrive. When I found out, I made sure to avoid a moderate and changed to the CR (although it is more than I wanted to pay). I didn't have much of an issue at the parks in Dec 2011 when they were there, but I have read so any horror stories with Pop Warner at the resorts. I say no thank you...it isn't worth the risk of me picking a moderate that they will be staying at.
mlamanna1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #262
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck
 
Honeystar120608's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NB Canada
Posts: 1,261

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but historically, are there any deals ON or ending on Dec 25? It's going to pain me to consider paying rack rates, but I really really really want to surprise my kids for Christmas.
__________________
2014-Oct CBR 10yr Wedding Anniversary
2013-Oct 2-Oct 9th CSR
2011-Sep 27-Oct 5 CSR
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
2008-Dec ASmo (started an addiction)
Honeystar120608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:48 AM   #263
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran
 
tinkbyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeystar120608 View Post
I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but historically, are there any deals ON or ending on Dec 25? It's going to pain me to consider paying rack rates, but I really really really want to surprise my kids for Christmas.
Not that I could find - everything I have found ends on Christmas Eve at the latest. If you have AAA, you can use that for Christmas Day, however, they would have to set it up as a separate reservation if you have a different promotion on any other nights.

When I was going to go last Thanksgiving, I had three separate reservations because I used AAA for the first and last nights and a pin code for the middle. The risk was that they could technically ask me to check out, move rooms and check back in, but the CM said since my room type was identical and she noted it, that was not likely to occur.
__________________






Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
tinkbyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #264
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master
 
poohbear13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbyday View Post
Not that I could find - everything I have found ends on Christmas Eve at the latest. If you have AAA, you can use that for Christmas Day, however, they would have to set it up as a separate reservation if you have a different promotion on any other nights.

When I was going to go last Thanksgiving, I had three separate reservations because I used AAA for the first and last nights and a pin code for the middle. The risk was that they could technically ask me to check out, move rooms and check back in, but the CM said since my room type was identical and she noted it, that was not likely to occur.
great tip with the AAA discount Thank you!
__________________
Chrissy Bobby Timmy Zachy Lilo Stitch TinerbellSebastian

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #265
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck
 
Honeystar120608's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NB Canada
Posts: 1,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbyday View Post
Not that I could find - everything I have found ends on Christmas Eve at the latest. If you have AAA, you can use that for Christmas Day, however, they would have to set it up as a separate reservation if you have a different promotion on any other nights.

When I was going to go last Thanksgiving, I had three separate reservations because I used AAA for the first and last nights and a pin code for the middle. The risk was that they could technically ask me to check out, move rooms and check back in, but the CM said since my room type was identical and she noted it, that was not likely to occur.
So in my situation, arriving on Dec 25th, I'd have to hope for a discount to start after our arrival date (assuming there will be none during that first day or two) and then I'd try to apply (in Canada) CAA to the first 2 days and then switch reservations to the DW promo available.

I am starting to think that is a big IF! lol And I'd have to sign up for CAA, whatever the cost of that is, and weigh out if it is worth the extra cost one way or the other.

Me and my big ideas. lol
__________________
2014-Oct CBR 10yr Wedding Anniversary
2013-Oct 2-Oct 9th CSR
2011-Sep 27-Oct 5 CSR
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
2008-Dec ASmo (started an addiction)
Honeystar120608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #266
bas71873
DIS Veteran
 
bas71873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeystar120608

So in my situation, arriving on Dec 25th, I'd have to hope for a discount to start after our arrival date (assuming there will be none during that first day or two) and then I'd try to apply (in Canada) CAA to the first 2 days and then switch reservations to the DW promo available.

I am starting to think that is a big IF! lol And I'd have to sign up for CAA, whatever the cost of that is, and weigh out if it is worth the extra cost one way or the other.

Me and my big ideas. lol

I'd be surprised if ANY discounts are offered between Christmas and New Years. Ive never checked because I have no desire to go then, but I always hear how crowded and expensive that time of year is. My guess is no discounts, other than AAA, until after Jan 1. Never say never though.
__________________
Me40; DH39; DD10





Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #267
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck
 
Honeystar120608's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NB Canada
Posts: 1,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
I'd be surprised if ANY discounts are offered between Christmas and New Years. Ive never checked because I have no desire to go then, but I always hear how crowded and expensive that time of year is. My guess is no discounts, other than AAA, until after Jan 1. Never say never though.
See this is where I'm torn. I want a discount, I want good weather, and low crowds. Now, are you telling me I can't get 2 out of the 3?

I did wonder about crowd levels. We've been the beginning of Dec and mid Dec. And then early October. THey've been great any of those times.

I LOVE going in October. I love the weather that time of year and everything. BUT if we decided to go then, how do I surprise the kids? kwim? My biggest thing is that I don't want to go at Halloween again. AND I want to surprise the kids in a big way. So in theory, we should try to go, hypothetically, a few days before Christmas to try and nab the tail end of whatever deal is being offered?

On another note, The first year we went was the 2nd week of Dec had good weather. Second year was beginning of Dec and weather was partly warm and partly rainy and cold (for Florida). I go to Florida to get away from cold and snow. kwim? ACK! I'm driving myself nuts.
__________________
2014-Oct CBR 10yr Wedding Anniversary
2013-Oct 2-Oct 9th CSR
2011-Sep 27-Oct 5 CSR
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
2008-Dec ASmo (started an addiction)
Honeystar120608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #268
bas71873
DIS Veteran
 
bas71873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeystar120608

See this is where I'm torn. I want a discount, I want good weather, and low crowds. Now, are you telling me I can't get 2 out of the 3?

I did wonder about crowd levels. We've been the beginning of Dec and mid Dec. And then early October. THey've been great any of those times.

I LOVE going in October. I love the weather that time of year and everything. BUT if we decided to go then, how do I surprise the kids? kwim? My biggest thing is that I don't want to go at Halloween again. AND I want to surprise the kids in a big way. So in theory, we should try to go, hypothetically, a few days before Christmas to try and nab the tail end of whatever deal is being offered?

On another note, The first year we went was the 2nd week of Dec had good weather. Second year was beginning of Dec and weather was partly warm and partly rainy and cold (for Florida). I go to Florida to get away from cold and snow. kwim? ACK! I'm driving myself nuts.
There are tons of threads on Christmas crowds, even with pictures. Try a search for them. I've looked at a few and there is no way in heck I could tolerate those crowds, which is why we chose the first week of December. We liked October too and have been twice during that time, but we've never seem the holiday decorations, hence this years trip.

I'm guessing with Christmas being on a Tuesday this year, the week leading up to it might not be too bad. I'm guessing most schools will let out on Friday so that weekend before is when the big crowds will start to roll in.

How old are your kids? Old enough to understand an early Christmas gift/surprise?
__________________
Me40; DH39; DD10





Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #269
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck
 
Honeystar120608's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NB Canada
Posts: 1,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
There are tons of threads on Christmas crowds, even with pictures. Try a search for them. I've looked at a few and there is no way in heck I could tolerate those crowds, which is why we chose the first week of December. We liked October too and have been twice during that time, but we've never seem the holiday decorations, hence this years trip.

I'm guessing with Christmas being on a Tuesday this year, the week leading up to it might not be too bad. I'm guessing most schools will let out on Friday so that weekend before is when the big crowds will start to roll in.

How old are your kids? Old enough to understand an early Christmas gift/surprise?
Oh yes, definitely old enough, 7 and 8. I just had it pictured in my head to surprise them Christmas Eve, but I'm seeing now that the trip itself might not be as fun.

I will have to think about that one... hummm... I will go check out the pictures at Christmas.
__________________
2014-Oct CBR 10yr Wedding Anniversary
2013-Oct 2-Oct 9th CSR
2011-Sep 27-Oct 5 CSR
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
2008-Dec ASmo (started an addiction)
Honeystar120608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #270
jdcthree
DIS Veteran
 
jdcthree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeystar120608

See this is where I'm torn. I want a discount, I want good weather, and low crowds. Now, are you telling me I can't get 2 out of the 3?

I did wonder about crowd levels. We've been the beginning of Dec and mid Dec. And then early October. THey've been great any of those times.
If you want low crowds, you don't want to go from Christmas to New Year's. It's the most crowded time at Walt Disney World. Crazy doesn't even begin to describe it.
__________________
Art of Animation/Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012
Bay Lake Tower 2010
Beach Club 2007
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: