Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #916
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We next made our way towards the atrium.

See the lady with the yellow tank top? That’s Jazzy!

Something I did not know was that the chandelier is made of plastic and not glass, as glass was too heavy.

And look who we spot! It’s always fun to see a character out.

I LOVE you Goopy!!!!!! (Claire used to always call him that and he was her favorite when she was about 2)

We checked out these pictures with facts about the ship. If you ever get a chance take a look at them. They are really interesting.

Another character sighting! The Big Cheese himself!

If you remember way back earlier in this report I mentioned that Walt was missing something in this picture.

It was his cigarette! I am not sure if the original ship mural had it or if it was made this way from the start. I have heard from some that it was there, but Andy made it sound like it wasn’t.

Moving on.

It was kind of funny as when we would stop at times, a few other people would stop for a bit and listen in. I am sure not everyone realized they had “free” ship tours. I am really glad I read about it and took it. It was very interesting.

We started to head outside and guess what? It was raining! But Andy said he had something he wanted to show us and we had a roof over us, so we would be fine.

The ships belly button! This is where the 2 halves were brought together and welded. The Wonder also has a belly button, but was made as a whole rather than halves, but they felt she needed a belly button to so they just put one on her. I don’t think the Dream and Fantasy have them though.

Trying to get artsy while Andy talked.

The sun was trying to peek through.

Andy then told us the story about the ships color. Monica Blue. I have heard this story before and it is always similar, but not always the exact same. Basically the story is that they were trying to come up with a color. They wanted black like the old ocean liners had, but yet that was drab, and they wanted blue, but there was some issue with that. Monica, who was a secretary or something along those lines was wearing a very dark blue skirt, dress, or pants, depending on who tells it and they said I want that color and they had the color made specially going off her clothing. So it is now called Monica blue. And she still works for the company, and if I remember right is quite high up now.

And then a freaky thing happened. Look at the sky.

It cleared up in a matter of seconds. Andy looks back and gives this funny look and says “well that is a bit creepy”. LOL

We finished up talking a bit outside and headed back in for the final bit of the tour.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #917
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Enjoyed reliving our cruises via your Art of the Theme Show Tour photos. We've done it twice now and would do it yet again - we've learned different things each time. Andy wasn't the guide on our tour but we saw him a number of times around the ship and he was a hoot!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #918
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Diz View Post
Enjoyed reliving our cruises via your Art of the Theme Show Tour photos. We've done it twice now and would do it yet again - we've learned different things each time. Andy wasn't the guide on our tour but we saw him a number of times around the ship and he was a hoot!
I would do it again too. It was really neat and I love all that info. Andy was fun. I saw him many times too throughout the cruise and he is always so cheery.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #919
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Monica Blue how funny is that! I love it!

I can't believe that the ship was built without a nursery!! That just seems crazy to me! Not that I'm one to go on a cruise all the time, but it just seems to me that it would be a no brainer!

Funny story tonight- Cortlyn and I were catching up on Live with Kelly and Michael and Cortlyn says "Mom, one day, can we go back to Disney World?" I said "of course babydoll!" The next statement- I swear ALL on her own: "Can we live on a cruise boat that time?" (Cortlyn says "live" instead of "stay") I looked at her and smiled and said "I think we can work something out on that!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:25 AM   #920
Beth D
DIS Veteran

The tour looks fun! You must have sailed right out of the storm!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #921
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Monica Blue how funny is that! I love it!

I can't believe that the ship was built without a nursery!! That just seems crazy to me! Not that I'm one to go on a cruise all the time, but it just seems to me that it would be a no brainer!

Funny story tonight- Cortlyn and I were catching up on Live with Kelly and Michael and Cortlyn says "Mom, one day, can we go back to Disney World?" I said "of course babydoll!" The next statement- I swear ALL on her own: "Can we live on a cruise boat that time?" (Cortlyn says "live" instead of "stay") I looked at her and smiled and said "I think we can work something out on that!
What a cutie. I want to live on the boat for awhile too!
Yes, with Disney, you would think nursery immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
The tour looks fun! You must have sailed right out of the storm!
We must've. it was so weird how it just stopped.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #922
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I now wish I had done this tour on the Magic. I did it on the Wonder in 2011 and was considering doing it on our last cruise on the Magic, but decided to pass on it.

The Murano glass comes from Venice, where half of the Magic and all of the Wonder was built. Palo was added to the ships as tribute to the region where they were built and everything inside Palo has been sourced locally including the famous Murano glass.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #923
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

What a neat tour that you went on! That's sounds like something that I'd be interested in because I like knowing insider secrets.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #924
vleeth
I heart Disney

I love it when little kids pronounce stuff wrong.

I missed cowboy Goofy. I would have thought he just didn't wear that costume during our cruise, but Dave says he saw him the first night. And now that Disney is leaving Texas, I probably won't see him on the next cruise either. Guess I'll just have to live through your pics!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #925
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Wait a second...I'm trying to figure out how I missed this TR! It's awesome! Love all the pics.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #926
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I now wish I had done this tour on the Magic. I did it on the Wonder in 2011 and was considering doing it on our last cruise on the Magic, but decided to pass on it.

The Murano glass comes from Venice, where half of the Magic and all of the Wonder was built. Palo was added to the ships as tribute to the region where they were built and everything inside Palo has been sourced locally including the famous Murano glass.

Corinna
It was really neat. We really learned a lot, but sadly in my old age, I don't remember it all unless someone mentions somethign about it...like the glass you just mentioned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
What a neat tour that you went on! That's sounds like something that I'd be interested in because I like knowing insider secrets.
I know you would love this tour. Lots of fun info and little tidbits. And I am sure the tour is different each time, depending on the cast member leading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
I love it when little kids pronounce stuff wrong.

I missed cowboy Goofy. I would have thought he just didn't wear that costume during our cruise, but Dave says he saw him the first night. And now that Disney is leaving Texas, I probably won't see him on the next cruise either. Guess I'll just have to live through your pics!
We saw him the first night too, out the window of the diningroom while we were eating. I really didn't do much in the way of character meet and greets and I wish I did more.

You could always book one for next fall, they will still be out of Texas then. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
Wait a second...I'm trying to figure out how I missed this TR! It's awesome! Love all the pics.
LOL. Welcome! Thanks for joining in. I am getting close to being done. I also sailed hte Dream in Nov and I am trying to write that one as well ,but doing 2 is really hard, so my goal is to try and get this one finished soon. It wil lbe easier on me just working on one. It's hard trying to remember what happened on which trip now.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #927
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We headed back inside to finish up the tour.

And what do you know? Another character sighting!

He was happy that we were all gushing over him.

We finished up with Andy, and he told us something about this pole, but I cant remember once again what the importance of them are.

And if you look directly up, guess what you see?

A hidden Mickey!

The tour pretty much ended and a few people stuck around and asked a few questions and some of us took some more pictures as well.

And we all headed back towards our rooms.
Some of the girls stopped to talk to the DVC guys. The shorter one in the blue shirt pointing, we had met him earlier and he was from Toledo, OH. I live 30 minutes from there and when we talked to him we found he was really from Maumee, which is where my sister lives. Small world.

You could tell we were getting closer to Texas. The Oil Rigs were all over once again.

Once back in the room I got ready for the show of the night, Remember the Magic.

Lisa and I headed off to the show and met up with the other girls. We found a seat together and really enjoyed this show.
We all had tears, even Lisa. She told me that she is now a convert! She really enjoyed sailing with Disney.
I also want to say that Lisa thanked me over and over for inviting her on the cruise. Now she paid her own way, but she said she never wouldve done this if I hadnt asked. I was really happy that she had enjoyed herself. It made me really glad I had invited her as well.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #928
MEK
DIS Veteran

I didn't know you had done so many updates. Caught up again.

I love the ship tour. Do they do those on the Dream? If so, I can't wait. The hidden Mickey in the chandelier is so cool.

The towel folding class looked like a lot of fun, but I want to know if they taught you how to make a noose so you could use it on the lady or wouldn't stop talking. Just kidding, but I know how annoying that is. We had someone like that on our wild African trek and I thought Christine was going to hurt her.

Enjoyed all your updates!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #929
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After the show, we headed back to the room for a short while before dinner.

Our favorite stateroom host, Rodrigo had come through for us! He left us some extra lotions.

The sky was beautiful, so I attempted to take a few pictures.

That speck of light out there is the Carnival Triumph!

Before we knew it, it was time to head to our last dinner of the cruise. Boo hoo!

Lumieres was our spot tonight.

We settled in and chit chatted and took a look at the Till We Meet Again menu.

Out came the rolls.

I think Chris said something about keeping the ice tea coming and they brought her out several! LOL

Lisa mentioned that we didn't have many pictures of the 2 of us together, so Brook took one for us.

As for our appetizers, I have lovely pictures, but no clue what they are. I have looked at menus and not one seems to have a description that fits either one of them. So here they are.

If anyone knows what either of these is, I would love to know. LOL

I believe for the soup I had the Crawfish and Lobster Bisque served with roasted corn-chili relish.

And Lisa had the Potato Leek Soup garnished with sour cream, chives and caviar.

For our main courses, again I am not seeing a good match on the online menus. I have no clue what this is, but it looks like an alligator head on veggies. LOL! This was Lisa's. I am guessing some kind of fish or chicken.

This was mine, which I think was some sort of beef tenderloin.

Dinner was good once again, even if I cant remember what I actually ate.

I did however take a picture of the inside of the dessert menu.

And then the servers paraded around with the Baked Alaska.

High Fives for all!

Last edited by jenseib; 02-22-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #930
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Then Luis and Raphael posed for us. Luis was always being so funny.

This was the look we got often from Luis. He had the funniest eye expressions.

Brook asked if they would take a picture with Crush. She had been taking pictures through the trip with him for her son Henry.
They decided to hold Crush for ransom.

They totally were cracking themselves up.

Dessert then came out after all the goofing around. I think both Lisa and I got the Till We Meet Again Sweet Temptations - A trio of Celebration Cake, Chocolate Decadence, and Cappuccino Mousse.

I kind of wished I had gotten the Baked Alaskan as well, but I didnt because I was too full ....and too fat. We all were joking how our clothes were fitting pretty tight this evening. I was smart and saved my roomiest dress for this evening!
Julie, who is a tiny little thing said she had very little that she could fit into and wasnt sure what she would wear home. LOL! She said her cruise consisted mostly of lying around or drinking or eating. Sounds like a fun vacation to me!

After dinner was over, I think we roamed around a bit then came back to the Atrium for the till we meet again fairwell party. This party was CROWDED!

They were playing a few Disney tunes to get us in the mood.

Soon Peter came out and the characters came not far behind.

I took a TON of pictures and about 70% of them are completely blurry. I dont know what the deal was, but I couldnt take a good picture to save my life. And with it being so crowded, it was hard to get them as well.
The other 30% werent all that great either.

After the characters come out, they have a little bit of time set aside for some last meet and greets. I went around and tried to get pictures of some of the characters.

This girl was Lisas favorite. She noticed her at the 2nd show. Her arms are so muscular. Probably too muscular, but I should could take lessons from her.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: