Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Medieval Times..need to upgrade during peak season?

DS 6 is very much into knights right now, so I made plans for us to go to MT for spring break. I just bought the tix form UC and made a reservation. We are going the Thursday after Easter. I have never been there before so I do not know how crowded it gets during busy times.

Is it necessary to upgrade the tix to ensure we have good seats and can hear what is going on?

Anyone whose gone with general admission tix during busy times, how early did you get there? Where did you end up sitting?

Any other advice I should know? I don't want to get there and be seated so high that DS can't hear/see well, but I don't want to upgrade and spend more money for no reason. TIA!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Wow! I was expecting someone to chime in on this and offer me some advice. If no one knows, I may be forced to go back to the way I did things before the DIS.... just show up and see what happens! AHHHHH! Nooooo! I don't think I can function that way anymore. I am too dependent on the advice that I get here It always guarantees that I know what to expect. I can't bear the unknown....
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
aquagreenpbc
Earning My Ears

I haven't been (yet), but what I gather from reading tripadvisor reviews is that there aren't too many bad seats in the house.

Others recommended getting there early and acting fast when they call your color.

And if you end up unhappy with your seats, it doesn't hurt to ask to be moved!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
cceandme
Mouseketeer

We have not been to the one in Orlando but the one in Myrtlr Beach, every seat is a pretty good seat. Helpful to check out the medieval times website and check if they have any special offers. Sometimes they will offer free upgrades for better ating

Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
cceandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Went in January, on a Sat night. We got there only about 20 minutes before show time, and our seats were just fine. I'm not sure there really is such a thing as a bad seat.
geckodani is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
krayzmelmel
Mouseketeer

Haven't been in a couple of years haha I had a boyfriend that worked for AAA and he got free tickets twice a year so we went alot!

but I remember the layout of the place.... It's a big rectangular sand box :-p with lots of rows of tables and chairs on either side... one end is the castle where the royal family sits and the other end is I think the handicapped section....

there are three sections on each long side ...

The upgraded section is usually the two middle sides (red&yellow) and (black&white) and then there's green, blue on one side and yellow, red on the other side. I noticed that when there were a lot of upgraded purchases, the front row sections of the other colors were taken too!

Like any place... the middle, lower sections is the best seat in the house because you can see more of everything but I've sat everywhere the seating everywhere is quite good... the horses/knights do go to the sides but most of the action takes place near the middle

gosh... makes me want to go to Medieval times again!

Next Trip: Hopefully Tomorrow!
All my Disney experiences ~ PRICELESS :-D

krayzmelmel is offline   Reply With Quote