Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #16
amfie928
Mouseketeer

Hmmm maybe I will just let the "Disney" Gods decide where we stay. I have heard that there are cms with golf carts too that will take you around if need be. More concerned for my 70 yr old mom than me. Plus there is coffee in the room...so no need to take a long walk in the morning! Thanks for all the help!
amfie928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #17
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

I think the golf carts are gone - at least for guest rides.
The previous post said you can take the DTD bus from the Rancho's and get off at the main building for food, gift shop and guest services.

Why not add an area request - like a room close to the food court, if you have a 70 year old young lady with you? I bet they will accommodate the request.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #18
E&As Mom
Mouseketeer

Add me to the Ranchos fan base!

We have only stayed @ CSR once, in September 2011 and we actually requested and received a room in Ranchos 7B. We had a lovely corner room by the quiet pool and laundry room. We used the quiet pool a LOT at night, and it was a quick 2-3 minute walk to the main pool/dig site area. It was about a 15-20 minute round trip walk for us to the main building and back if we needed anything, but I didn't mind... it's a pretty walk! One other positive about that location was that we were close to 2 bus stops (typically picked up the bus by the Cabanas, as it was a little closer), and we also found our location to be rather quiet. I don't know if that is because most folks don't want to stay in that section or what exactly, but we are sold on the resort and area.

I just made our reservations for our September 2013 last night; we are returning to CSR and put in a request to get a room in 7B again. Hope the Disney Gods are smiling on us in a few short months.

I hope you enjoy your stay!
~Kelly

Visits:
1977 - mid 1990s - Too many visits to count
1999 - Delayed Honeymoon and DH's 1st trip to The World
2008 - POR - Grand Gathering of 14 Mousekeeteers and our girls' first trip to The World
2010 - CBR
2011 - CSR
2013 - All Star Sports - Surprise trip to proudly watch my niece march @ MK
2013 - CSR
DCL:
October 2014 - Disney Wonder
E&As Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #19
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
I know the CSR Rancho's are the longest walk to the Pepper Walk. LoL Market you mean.
But....
Please tell me some positive thoughts and benefits to the Rancho section.

How is the quiet pool ?
Closer to the Dig Site pool ?
Near any snack area?
Better bus stop to the 4 main Parks ?

Please tell.
Thank you !
While CSR is awesome, I'm not a fan of the Ranchos, stricly because its far from the main bldg. But honestly thats the only drawback..

It's the best themed bldg out of all 3 IMHO, the grounds are beautiful. Sooo close to the main pool & to its bus stop...

I enjoyed Casitas 3 but the bldg was just ordinary...compared to the ranchos..

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #20
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
When we were there you could just hop the Downtown Disney bus if you didn't feel like walking to the main bldg it stops there on the way out
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
The previous post said you can take the DTD bus from the Rancho's and get off at the main building for food, gift shop and guest services.
Actually, the Downtown Disney buses stop first at El Centro, then casitas, then ranchos, then cabanas. You can get on any park bus at the ranchos stop and ride it around to El Centro. If you get on a DTD bus at ranchos, you are going to DTD.

Park buses stop first at casitas, then ranchos, then cabanas, then El Centro.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #21
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Actually, the Downtown Disney buses stop first at El Centro, then casitas, then ranchos, then cabanas. You can get on any park bus at the ranchos stop and ride it around to El Centro. If you get on a DTD bus at ranchos, you are going to DTD.

Park buses stop first at casitas, then ranchos, then cabanas, then El Centro.
oops been awhile since we stayed there. Thanks!

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #22
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

We were in Ranchos 7B last time we stayed at CSR and it was a good location. I guess we were upgraded from a standard room to a waterview because we were given a 1st floor room literally about 20 steps from the quiet pool. We walked around the corner and across the parking lot to the Cabanas bus stop (#4) and it took maybe 3-5 minutes. The Dig Site was maybe 3 minutes away. I timed the walk from our room to El Centro and it took us right at 10 minutes, so I don't think it's an excessive distance - and that was with my then-5-yr-old walking.

I will say that on another trip, we were on the back side of Ranchos 6A facing the parking lot and while it was close to bus stop #3 (Ranchos), it was a pretty good walk to El Centro. We only did it a couple of times, but our kids were younger and that probably contributed to it feeling like it took forever.

I think the landscaping in the Ranchos was very authentic-feeling and really made you feel like you were in the Southwest.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #23
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

We live in the NE - too many snow storms for us this year, 2013...and still going on, I can not wait till Spring starts.
South West will be a nice change of scenery for us

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: