DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #3391
Brenle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsalop View Post
We're coming to OKW in August and were thinking of asking for buildings 23-26. Are these a good option? Was considering up to 29, but that seems to be a less good choice. Also would prefer top floor, so are these 2 or 3 story buildings? Thanks.
Here is a link to all the buiding configurations, courtesy of Doc!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=146435

Page 5 has a map of OKW resort as well.
Hope this helps with your decision.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #3392
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

Well unless you have a reservation for HH, you won't get Bldg 23 - 26..but you could request 27,28 or 29.
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #3393
DisneyMamaJen
Earning My Ears

Planning our trip for August 2013. 2 adults with 3 kids under age 5. How hard is it to get a building with an elevator or a ground floor 2 bedroom unit. Have a 2 bedroom unit booked thru RCI exchange but am concerned we won't be able to be in elevator building and/or ground floor unit. Not sure I would want to carry double stroller and single stroller up flights of stairs several times per day.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #3394
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMamaJen View Post
Planning our trip for August 2013. 2 adults with 3 kids under age 5. How hard is it to get a building with an elevator or a ground floor 2 bedroom unit. Have a 2 bedroom unit booked thru RCI exchange but am concerned we won't be able to be in elevator building and/or ground floor unit. Not sure I would want to carry double stroller and single stroller up flights of stairs several times per day.
There are only three buildings with elevators and they pretty much reserve them for medical needs.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:13 AM   #3395
DisneyMamaJen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

There are only three buildings with elevators and they pretty much reserve them for medical needs.
Hi! Thanks for quick response. Is it difficult to get a ground floor unit then? We aren't planning to rent a car but we do travel with strollers so just trying to make sure we can secure a way to get strollers into our room each night without having to carry up large flights of stairs.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #3396
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Hi! Thanks for quick response. Is it difficult to get a ground floor unit then? We aren't planning to rent a car but we do travel with strollers so just trying to make sure we can secure a way to get strollers into our room each night without having to carry up large flights of stairs.
Just request a ground floor.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #3397
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Hi! Thanks for quick response. Is it difficult to get a ground floor unit then?
Just wanted to mention that over 1/3rd of the units at OKW are ground floor units so this request shouldn't be difficult to meet.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #3398
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

We were in a grand villa, which are all on the second floor....four kids under 3, and two double strollers...no issues getting them up and down the stairs...good exercise to counter act all those good meals.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #3399
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
We were in a grand villa, which are all on the second floor....four kids under 3, and two double strollers...no issues getting them up and down the stairs...good exercise to counter act all those good meals.
Just to be clear for those that may need an accessible unit, there is one GV with ground floor entry. It is an HA unit located, I think, in bldg 48. There are also a couple GVs in the elevator bldgs, one is HA, but I don't think both of them are, but as Deb & Bill said, the elevator buildings are often held for those with medical mobility issues.

There is no Wheelchair/Scooter access to the upstairs bedrooms of any OKW GV, those bedrooms are accessed by stairs only. Those with mobility issues will need to have the master suite on the entry level.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Old 02-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #3400
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
There is no Wheelchair/Scooter access to the upstairs bedrooms of any OKW GV, those bedrooms are accessed by stairs only. Those with mobility issues will need to have the master suite on the entry level.
...or the pull-out couch in the living room.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #3401
Joben
Mouseketeer

So my time is getting shorter and I'm looking to really explore OKW this time as my in-laws are coming along for their first trip to OKW. We secretly hope they love it so much the decide to buy DVC at OKW. Are there any suggestions for hidden treasures at OKW I can show them. Also my wife and I are looking to do some jogging and I see quite a lot of pathway around OKW, but I'm unsure as to whether or not we can jog on the golf cart paths. I was told the cart paths were off limits to joggers but i saw a nature trail was around the area. we are looking to stay at the end of peninsula road in like building 55. I cannot believe how often I go and as a 43 (as of today) year old man with no kids, I still get so excited to return to OKW, this is going to be a great trip!

Old 02-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #3402
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben View Post
So my time is getting shorter and I'm looking to really explore OKW this time as my in-laws are coming along for their first trip to OKW. We secretly hope they love it so much the decide to buy DVC at OKW. Are there any suggestions for hidden treasures at OKW I can show them. Also my wife and I are looking to do some jogging and I see quite a lot of pathway around OKW, but I'm unsure as to whether or not we can jog on the golf cart paths. I was told the cart paths were off limits to joggers but i saw a nature trail was around the area. we are looking to stay at the end of peninsula road in like building 55. I cannot believe how often I go and as a 43 (as of today) year old man with no kids, I still get so excited to return to OKW, this is going to be a great trip!
Golf cart path is limited to golfers only. And you can't walk across the golf course either. There is a path alongside Trumbo Canal that you can run along, but it is not lit at night or early in the morning. You're are pretty much limited to daylight time on that path. And it will take you over near Cirque du Soleil and SSR.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #3403
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben View Post
The quiet pools (and in particular the one near Turtle Pond) are hidden gems. Go there at night, very quiet indeed. You often have the pool and spa pretty much to yourself! Take the boat to DD, also very relaxing, and do try Olivia's! Play tennis while the kids enjoy the main pool and slide, play ping-pong outside, also take them inside the lighthouse, there's a sauna in there and a spa nearby. Watch a movie at night from the main pool, stay in the water the whole time if the weather is nice, BYOB!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #3404
DisneyMamaJen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Just wanted to mention that over 1/3rd of the units at OKW are ground floor units so this request shouldn't be difficult to meet.
Thanks much! This is great to know. I've been to disney more times than I can count, but this will be our first time staying at OKW. Looking forward to it, just wanted to make sure I had the right accommodations to suit our needs.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #3405
tb1972
DIS Veteran

Hello,

We toured OKW before purchasing DVC resale, but we haven't stayed there yet. For an upcoming trip we have a HH studio. I thought bldgs 23-24 looked like a good location across from the main pool and not too near a noisy bus stop. Anyone stayed in 23 or 24? Are there better locations? FYI traveling with kids ages 11 & 8.
Thanks!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: