Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #451
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1

Not to sound stupid, but what is YA?? And congrats on the books
Is YA for young adult....like upper age teens.....just a thought???
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #452
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1 View Post
Not to sound stupid, but what is YA?? And congrats on the books
Yes it is young adult. Thank you!!
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #453
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers View Post
Yes it is young adult. Thank you!!

Thanks!
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #454
latmck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers View Post
We got ourselves into a crazy amount of debt last year because I had both kids in daycare. I racked up a credit card debt of $10000 by this time last year, trying to cover everything. Sad to think that if I hadn't taken a full-time job, I would be even MORE in debt.

Well, I just got got my book deal # in and paid off the last of it! Woo hoo!

And best of all, my kids are older now so daycare is much less expensive. Now-- to concentrate on pre-paying for summer camp and next year's tuition.
I completely understand....I racked up credit card debt too when my mom passed away suddenly. We were traveling back and forth to GA to MS for awhile.

Congrats on the books deals!!!!

Last edited by latmck; 02-20-2013 at 03:02 PM.
latmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #455
latmck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1 View Post
Congrats on paying off your loan
Thank you!!!

I contacted Comcast cause I need our cable and internet bill to be lower. I thought that I was under a contract for two yrs. I'm not, and I lowered my bill by $30.
latmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #456
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Paid off two smaller creditcard last night, I'm going by due date. Next pay check I will pay off the next bill by the end of the month and I sent out a medical flex claim so with that I'll pay off the next cc. By the end of march or middle of April I should only hv 3 cc left. Feels great!!!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #457
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
Paid off two smaller creditcard last night, I'm going by due date. Next pay check I will pay off the next bill by the end of the month and I sent out a medical flex claim so with that I'll pay off the next cc. By the end of march or middle of April I should only hv 3 cc left. Feels great!!!!!
Way to go!!! You are making a ton of progress
Old 02-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #458
gracie1
DIS Veteran

I just made another payment towards my cc I am officially under $2,000 Now, just waiting on state taxes to sink into this amount.

Everyone is doing such a great job on here!!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #459
treeface
Mouseketeer

I just made my last full car payment this week, payoff if $222.76 due 3/15. I am dying to just pay it off, but have to just wait due to other payments due. I cannot wait to make that last payment and that amount into some other smaller debts and get this snowball rolling again.

1972 Offsite 1978 Offsite, 1985 Buena Vista Palace 1992 Offsite, 1994 Travelodge (Disney Village)
1996 POFQ 1997 CBR 2002 WL 2003 AKL 2006 POFQ/AKL 2006 WL Concierge MVMCP
2007 SSR 2007 OKW, 2008 ASM & OKW, 2009 Pop & SSR, 2009 BCV
treeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #460
PrincessKymm
Mouseketeer

I will be paying off one medical bill this week! I've also paid my city tax bill and if all goes according to plan I will pay off my final credit card in May. I will then work on paying off the rest of the medical debt and maybe a few extra bucks towards my car payment so I can pay that off a year early. Long term I will make a fair amount of progress and I've made some recently and it feels great!However, each day is a struggle but i look forward to reading this thread each day for inspiration. Thanks everyone!
PrincessKymm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #461
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeface View Post
I just made my last full car payment this week, payoff if $222.76 due 3/15. I am dying to just pay it off, but have to just wait due to other payments due. I cannot wait to make that last payment and that amount into some other smaller debts and get this snowball rolling again.

March 15th will be here before you know it!! I love not having a car payment

Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #462
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKymm View Post
I will be paying off one medical bill this week! I've also paid my city tax bill and if all goes according to plan I will pay off my final credit card in May. I will then work on paying off the rest of the medical debt and maybe a few extra bucks towards my car payment so I can pay that off a year early. Long term I will make a fair amount of progress and I've made some recently and it feels great!However, each day is a struggle but i look forward to reading this thread each day for inspiration. Thanks everyone!
Way to go!! I hate medical bills and was so glad to have my bills paid off this past December! I dreaded making that payment! When I went to the hospital to pay it off I told them I was finally paying off my gallbladder
Old 02-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #463
Carol97
Mouseketeer

We acquired alot of debt a few years ago because we had infertility issues and we're unable to have a baby. So, we sought adoption and it wasn't cheap! We knew what we were doing and very willing to incure the debt to adopt a child and have worked hard to pay this debt down/off! Our adoption cost $32,000 and that was in the states and we are down to about $13,000 and our daughter is now almost 6 years old now! We are very proud of how far we've come and been able to be a happy family!

One thing that I have done over the years was keep a spreadsheet detailing each credit card and loan we have with a monthly line of all totaled together!! Every month, I write down on it the balance owed on each card/loan and month by month and even year by year I can see exactly how far we've come. And if there were months that we struggled like to due Christmas, I could also see that we needed to try and work harder to cut our expenses or work more hours at our jobs, if possible. I highly recommend doing this to track your debts. It's wonderful to look last month's versus this month and say we got out of $1400 in debt or so forth. And to look at 4-5-6 months ago and see the balance due now is much less helps you keep staying focused on the task even though it's very tempting somethings to want to blow money on other things like home improvements, extra clothes, etc.

With our method, we did take our daughter to Disney 3 years ago and we are heading there again in less than 2 weeks. We made ALOT of other sacrifices though to be able to do these trips!

Carol97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #464
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

One small loan to go (4 more payments) then the extra will be going to my credit cards. Not much, but every little bit counts.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #465
Sagginit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintswifeymomof4 View Post
I know you were only venting and not looking for "answers" so welcome to the board... we're here to listen and offer encouragement.

We can't do anything about the past but we can start making better choices for the future. I know you have no control over the job situation and I really relate to you on that. I was unemployed (I'm a teacher) for 2 years and thankfully this is my 2nd year back teaching. I have no tenure so we are year to year on my position hoping I get rehired until I reach tenure. Our debt is from "living" during those unemployed years.

I managed to sell 6 old textbooks tonight for a whopping $25.80. It's better than collecting dust in the garage. Sending it to my lowest balance cc when the check comes in (we are doing Dave Ramsey's plan).

I clipped coupons today and updated my coupon binder. Decided to send my coupon "savings" to the ccs too. I wonder if they will think its crazy to be getting $2 and $3 payments a few times a week?! Lol
maybe save the receipts and send it once a week? i did a target run the other day and stocked up on some things thanks to coupon deals. i calculated i had over $18 in coupons, but that of course means i bought more than i normally do. i need to check my stockpile, i have refilled in the last two months. so hope to cut down my shopping next month to keep rolling.

on that note every time i send in an extra payment towards my loans sallie mae adjusts, sometimes by like $2 a month so apparently $2 does ad up on the life of debt

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: