Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #16
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,908

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasindisneyjen View Post
Ok, now you all have me worried. I researched this to death months ago and found lots of people who were able to make super early flights last year. They said Disney has you meet in a special place to get off right away once the ship is cleared (you keep your luggage). Now I am freaking out.
Exactly! Where were all of these people when I asked if I should book a 10:45 am flight? omg.

People posted that DCL had a little continental breakfast area the last morning for guests with "early flights". They defined early flights as being before 9 or 10. Others chimed in that they had an 11:00 flight and had plenty of time to sit around.

I love DCL transfers & originally planned to book them but didn't because I later heard DCL won't provide transfers for anyone with a flight before 11. So I'm looking into private transfers; I also heard the queue for taxis is crazy long. Also I don't like how taxi drivers drive. I like the idea of walking off the ship and seeing someone with a sign with our name on it.

I've heard that DCL arrives in Barcelona in the wee hours of the night so the ship is cleared early. We won't be coming from Gibraltar as one pp mentioned. We are on the 7-nt Med so the last full day onboard is a sea day(Friday). Our last port (Thurs) is Naples. I need to be at work Monday & I really liked the idea of spending Sat night in my own bed & having a day to unpack & adjust back to ET before returning to work.

I have read good things about Barcelona Airport Transfers and also Barcelona Day Tours. I was wondering what time I should say we'll be picked up.
I emailed a request to BDT with a 7:30 pick up time and they confirmed with an 8:30 pick up. This is way too late imo. That is already cutting into our 3 hrs arrival time.
__________________
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #17
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post


I have read good things about Barcelona Airport Transfers and also Barcelona Day Tours. I was wondering what time I should say we'll be picked up.
I emailed a request to BDT with a 7:30 pick up time and they confirmed with an 8:30 pick up. This is way too late imo. That is already cutting into our 3 hrs arrival time.
We called DCL prior to booking our flights and they said we should not have a problem, but did recommend that we arrange private transportation vs using DCL transportation. We found autosvilar.com to have great reviews and have them coming at 8:0 AM. I am not going to stress about it. The itinerary states 7:00 AM so even if it is an hour later, I think we will be fine. If not, we will deal with it at the time.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #18
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,908

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
We called DCL prior to booking our flights and they said we should not have a problem, but did recommend that we arrange private transportation vs using DCL transportation. We found autosvilar.com to have great reviews and have them coming at 8:0 AM. I am not going to stress about it. The itinerary states 7:00 AM so even if it is an hour later, I think we will be fine. If not, we will deal with it at the time.
I wish I could be so calm. We can run through the airport but my parents can't.

We will definitely carry off our own luggage & check in online the day before. If I can print our BPs onboard, I will. Dh & our boys can help carry my parents bags. It will give me more incentive to pack light & only bring enough toiletries for the week so I can toss it all instead of bringing it home.

Does the Magic still have an internet cafe in the Promenade area?
__________________
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #19
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
I wish I could be so calm. We can run through the airport but my parents can't.

We will definitely carry off our own luggage & check in online the day before. If I can print our BPs onboard, I will. Dh & our boys can help carry my parents bags. It will give me more incentive to pack light & only bring enough toiletries for the week so I can toss it all instead of bringing it home.

Does the Magic still have an internet cafe in the Promenade area?
I believe they do, but we plan on checking in on-line with our Ipad and then printing the boarding passes at the airport if we can't do it onboard.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #20
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,908

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
When is your cruise? We are going June 8th and I can let you know how soon we were off and the time we get to the airport. We have a driver hired and aren't taking DCL transportation.
I'd love to hear all about your experience. Mainly what time early debarkation begins. Even if you can't find this thread, please post a new one. We don't sail until Aug 17.
Is your cruise a 7 nt or 12 nt?

I'd like to be in the lobby with our bags when they call for early debark. omg, we aren't morning people but we'll have to be this time.
__________________
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #21
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,908

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark View Post
Most of what I've read indicates that 10:30 was traditionally fine. But, understand that you're dealing with a very small sample. How many BCN cruises have there been on disney? Not a large enough number to say for certain. Just because 8 cruises went off without any immigration glitch doesn't mean so much.

We're taking a cruise on Epic via BCN this summer and I've read the same thing on NCL discussion boards. But I think most people catching early flights take cabs.
I believe this will be the 4th or 5th summer that the Magic sailed from BCN.
May not be as many as some cruise lines but 2011 wasn't DCL's first.
__________________
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #22
tajz90
Mama D
 
tajz90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,399

DCL 1st Med year was 07. Unless they sailed prior to that, but I believe that was the first year.

Disney has (in the past) airline check in onboard. They will print boarding passes for you.
tajz90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,908

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
DCL 1st Med year was 07. Unless they sailed prior to that, but I believe that was the first year.

Disney has (in the past) airline check in onboard. They will print boarding passes for you.
Oh I love this service and could only wish they would offer it for this summer's Med cruises. I was so happy they offered it last summer from Seattle. I don't even care if our luggage is delayed on the way home. Eventually USAirways will deliver it to my house.
__________________
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #24
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
I'd love to hear all about your experience. Mainly what time early debarkation begins. Even if you can't find this thread, please post a new one. We don't sail until Aug 17.
Is your cruise a 7 nt or 12 nt?

I'd like to be in the lobby with our bags when they call for early debark. omg, we aren't morning people but we'll have to be this time.
We are on the 7 night. I will let you. Know how it goes.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #25
tajz90
Mama D
 
tajz90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,399

Disney printed ours on the Med 07 and Baltic. I see no reason why they wouldn't this year or next.
tajz90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #26
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,908

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
Disney printed ours on the Med 07 and Baltic. I see no reason why they wouldn't this year or next.
What time was your flight? I know in PC if your flight is before 11:30am, you're not eligible for OBCI so they do have cut off times for that.

I'm doubting we could do it since we aren't eligible to take DCL transfers at all. Not having to deal with luggage makes everything so much easier in the am.
__________________
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #27
tajz90
Mama D
 
tajz90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2

What time was your flight? I know in PC if your flight is before 11:30am, you're not eligible for OBCI so they do have cut off times for that.

I'm doubting we could do it since we aren't eligible to take DCL transfers at all. Not having to deal with luggage makes everything so much easier in the am.
I can't remember our flight times, but I do I know they followed the guidelines so I can't say if you would be eligible or not.

This year, even though we could have gotten a noon flight, we held off and chose a 3 segment flight at 12:30. I figure we will just leave as late as possible.
tajz90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #28
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,908

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
I can't remember our flight times, but I do I know that they followed the guidelines so I can't say if you would be eligible or not.

Even this year, even though we could have gotten a noon flight, we held off and chose a 3 segment flight at 12:30. I figure we will just leave as late as possible.
We had a choice of one flight and that's it or wait until the next day. We're using USAirways miles to do this trip. We could have used our miles with any Star Alliance partner but if we had to cancel for some reason, our miles don't get redeposited to our account. They all would be lost. I wasn't too keen on that; it's a LOT of miles.
__________________
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.