Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #15
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasindisneyjen View Post
Ok, now you all have me worried. I researched this to death months ago and found lots of people who were able to make super early flights last year. They said Disney has you meet in a special place to get off right away once the ship is cleared (you keep your luggage). Now I am freaking out.
Exactly! Where were all of these people when I asked if I should book a 10:45 am flight? omg.

People posted that DCL had a little continental breakfast area the last morning for guests with "early flights". They defined early flights as being before 9 or 10. Others chimed in that they had an 11:00 flight and had plenty of time to sit around.

I love DCL transfers & originally planned to book them but didn't because I later heard DCL won't provide transfers for anyone with a flight before 11. So I'm looking into private transfers; I also heard the queue for taxis is crazy long. Also I don't like how taxi drivers drive. I like the idea of walking off the ship and seeing someone with a sign with our name on it.

I've heard that DCL arrives in Barcelona in the wee hours of the night so the ship is cleared early. We won't be coming from Gibraltar as one pp mentioned. We are on the 7-nt Med so the last full day onboard is a sea day(Friday). Our last port (Thurs) is Naples. I need to be at work Monday & I really liked the idea of spending Sat night in my own bed & having a day to unpack & adjust back to ET before returning to work.

I have read good things about Barcelona Airport Transfers and also Barcelona Day Tours. I was wondering what time I should say we'll be picked up.
I emailed a request to BDT with a 7:30 pick up time and they confirmed with an 8:30 pick up. This is way too late imo. That is already cutting into our 3 hrs arrival time.

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: