Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
Tee it Up
Self Proclaimed Beer Snob

Oreo crossed the Rainbow Bridge today

Our beloved 15 year old furbaby Oreo crossed over the Rainbow Bridge today. It was one of the most heart wrenching decisions we have ever had to make, but I know it was the right thing to do.
She has been suffering from kidney failure for a few months now and lost 3 lbs. off of her already skinny 20 lb. body. She became so picky about food we just about went crazy trying to find something she would eat. That along with her incontinence, that kept her in diapers really reduced the quality of her life. But this morning was the final straw. Overnight she developed ataxia to the point where she could barely stand. It was heartbreaking to see her try to walk, only to stumble and fall over and over again.
The vet said if she were younger and in otherwise good health he would treat the ataxia, but in her frail condition we just couldnt put her through any more. Even though we know we did the right thing, it is still heartbreaking.
After having has a dog almost nonstop since 1978, I think we are going to take a break for a while. We need a breather.
Rest in Peace old girl, you were the best dog ever, and we will always love you.

I really want to post a photo of her, but the site won't let me for some reason. If I can figure it out, I will edit the post later

ETA: Picture:

Last edited by Tee it Up; 02-20-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Want to post a photo
Tee it Up is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: