Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #16
Northernlites
Mouseketeer

I agree with everything Keith said as someone who has stayed there many times.
Northernlites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #17
Hasil72
DIS Veteran

I haven't stayed at WBC yet but we've researched it as an option and we have stayed at WH a few times, we love it there. We have a townhouse booked for Easter weekend. Our opinion may change since we normally rent houses but we'll see. We don't particularly care for previous stays at Orange Lake and Westgate Lakes. That being said, I do think some people are misled a bit when the housing developments are labeled "resorts." It gives them a certain level of expectation. Whereas WH, Emerald Island, etc are individually owned properties that happen to have community facilities, places like WBC, Orange Lake and all the Westgates are timeshare resorts that have more of the activities and amenities that I think the OP was looking for.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #18
quagmire0
Mouseketeer

All condos are YMMV, unfortunately. Depends on the owner. Ours a couple years ago actually ended up being NICER than the pictures.:-) As far as WH being boring that's part of the allure IMO. If you want excitement, stay on site. If you want a quiet getaway with more space to stretch out, go with WH.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #19
sjanus
castlegetaway

As each property is individually owned at Windsor Hills and all short term rental resorts, amenities within each one can differ greatly. As for the resort itself, it is very well maintained. The townhouses have recently been repainted and new roofs on all. All the roads have also been repaved.

Sandy
Old 09-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #20
snjmorrison
Mouseketeer

definitely have had similar experience... We have been staying in short term rentals while our home is being built, and they have been dirty. I don't need fancy.. but I need clean.
snjmorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #21
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjanus View Post
As each property is individually owned at Windsor Hills and all short term rental resorts, amenities within each one can differ greatly. As for the resort itself, it is very well maintained. The townhouses have recently been repainted and new roofs on all. All the roads have also been repaved.

Sandy

I agree. We stayed here in May and thought the grounds of the property were nice and well maintained; and our 3 bedroom condo unit was very clean and updated. As others have mentioned, each condo/home is privately owned so YMMV. As for Windsor Hills being "boring" or "underwhelming", we weren't looking for a place with a lot of hustle and bustle as we go to the theme parks for that. We found Windsor Hills to be a low key, well maintained, and family friendly vacation home community/subdivision that was a welcome retreat after a busy day at the parks. We loved the main pool - large, zero depth entry, water slide, splash pad, and it was never crowded. They also have a theatre, sundries shop, and gym in the community clubhouse and nice playgrounds for the kids. We also appreciated that it is a gated community with a guard always on duty. Yes it's not a "resort" in the sense of a Wyndham or Marriott timeshare property; but the amenities offered are nice for vacationing families/groups and the community is a short, easy drive to the Disney parks.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:43 PM   #22
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

I have stayed at numerous villa communities and it's common for there to be no amenities, cleaning fluid, paper towels etc
You pretty much have to buy everything. Guess the maid takes whatever the previous renter left as a perk of the job.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #23
ParkHopperFan
Mouseketeer

The villa we stay at regularly does leave dishwasher pods, Tide pods, paper towels, a sponge and toilet paper. I asked the property manager what is normal for owners to leave and she advised that they are apprehensive to leave cleaning solution because they don't want children to get into it and they cannot leave any food items, spices or leftover toiletries because of allergies.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #24
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
I agree. We stayed here in May and thought the grounds of the property were nice and well maintained; and our 3 bedroom condo unit was very clean and updated. As others have mentioned, each condo/home is privately owned so YMMV. As for Windsor Hills being "boring" or "underwhelming", we weren't looking for a place with a lot of hustle and bustle as we go to the theme parks for that. We found Windsor Hills to be a low key, well maintained, and family friendly vacation home community/subdivision that was a welcome retreat after a busy day at the parks. We loved the main pool - large, zero depth entry, water slide, splash pad, and it was never crowded. They also have a theatre, sundries shop, and gym in the community clubhouse and nice playgrounds for the kids. We also appreciated that it is a gated community with a guard always on duty. Yes it's not a "resort" in the sense of a Wyndham or Marriott timeshare property; but the amenities offered are nice for vacationing families/groups and the community is a short, easy drive to the Disney parks.
I have to agree and our house was very well maintained. Though I can see how that would vary from owner to owner. We stayed in June and we brought the kids to the park and it was very clean and in great shape plus I agree with all of what you found. I can't say that it is any less underwhelming or boring than any value resort on property as they offer even less than what WH has. I also posted that I found POR to be very unclean and was very unimpressed while DH and I explored it while the kids took a pirate cruise(bathrooms gross, garbage all over dinning area and the arcade was disgusting), but got a lot of people upset and who very strongly disagreed with me...only goes to show any place no matter who owns it can have bad days and will always have people who don't like it.
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #25
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer

We have loved Windsor Hills ever since we found it back in 2009. The we just stayed there for the 4th time last week. There was a three year gap in our stays in the exact same condo. It was very clean, very up to date, and just as nice as it was in 2010 when we stayed there. We love the pool and the main playground and that is all we need. I like not having to eat out for every meal for an entire week, so the kitchen is great. We will be going back in December for another week!
PryncessLace is offline   Reply With Quote