Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 424

Buy Disney World tickets now or wait

We are going to Disney in October 2013. Mousesavers has posted the likelihood there will be a price increase on tickets in April. We are 2 adults and 2 kids.

Thru my job, I can buy 6 day park hoppers w/ Water Park & Fun tickets for a substantial discount.

Obviously 4 tickets are quite expensive and I don't want to screw this up! Disney is changing to the new RFID system and with the new Fantasyland expansion, sounds like ticket price increase could possibly be substantial. I am sure Disney will let us use our tickets, but am concerned we may want to add an extra day or even possibly upgrade to an annual pass. Last year the annual pass price got a HUGE increase. I guess worst case scenario we can be happy using the 6 day passes.

Should I wait or buy? (BTW we will be staying off site)
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
ManyMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 739

I will be buying in the next couple weeks for an upcoming trip.

Your tickets should be upgradeable in the future, even if the ticket medium changes. Disney won't turn down any of your money.
ManyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #3
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English
 
Marionnette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pleasure Island
Posts: 6,431

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieuxmew View Post
We are going to Disney in October 2013. Mousesavers has posted the likelihood there will be a price increase on tickets in April. We are 2 adults and 2 kids.

Thru my job, I can buy 6 day park hoppers w/ Water Park & Fun tickets for a substantial discount.

Obviously 4 tickets are quite expensive and I don't want to screw this up! Disney is changing to the new RFID system and with the new Fantasyland expansion, sounds like ticket price increase could possibly be substantial. I am sure Disney will let us use our tickets, but am concerned we may want to add an extra day or even possibly upgrade to an annual pass. Last year the annual pass price got a HUGE increase. I guess worst case scenario we can be happy using the 6 day passes.

Should I wait or buy? (BTW we will be staying off site)
It's all a roll of the dice. There is no way of knowing what the ticket price increase will bring or exactly when it will happen. I got an email from UT this morning saying that they expect it in April.

There's also no way of knowing if MYW tickets will stay or if Disney will roll out a new ticketing structure when they go with the RFID bracelets. There's not even information as to whether offsite guests will have the bracelets or just RFID-enabled tickets.

Disney has always had the right to revoke the ability to bridge and upgrade passes at any time. In fact, they don't allow tickets purchased before 2005 to be upgraded at all and if I'm not mistaken, tickets purchased at the gates cannot be bridged as of this year.

It's up to you whether you take the gamble that there will be a change that will affect your plan. I guess the best advice would be to purchase the tickets that you will need for your upcoming and if you can still upgrade them later, do it then.
__________________
Opinions, suggestions and comments are based on my own experience and should not be regarded as the absolute and only possible outcome of any situation.
Your mileage may (and probably will) vary.





Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
jperrot1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 514

We are in a similar situation where my brother in law just purchased nine 7 day park hopper tickets from his work with about a $70 per ticket discount for our August 2013 trip. We contemplated waiting to purchase until the new prices come out as there is a possibility that prices could go down but...... if you are a gambling man you would play the odds and purchase now since in most in situations WDW raises prices. But I say most situations because the last price change ended up making the park hopper and water park and more combination ticket price drop. I might be wrong, but I believe that was the only ticket price that dropped. All others (I think) went up.
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
POOHsie
DIS Veteran
 
POOHsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wheeling, WV
Posts: 3,885

When a ticket price increase is announced, Undercover Tourist makes a big splash that they have old price tickets for sale for at least 1-2 weeks after the announcement. So you don't have to buy now just based on a rumor. You can wait to see what actually happens; that will give you more time to save up.

As far as tickets from work, you have to know if they are regular MYW tickets and are fully upgradable, or if they are special tickets and not upgradable. They might also possibly have an expiration date. This is just in case you might want to add days to your visit/add days to your tickets/change your vacation dates.

Also when calculating your great deal on work tickets, you have to know the math. Undercover Tourist is free shipping and tax included. Disney tickets from their listing do not include shipping and tax. Your work tickets may/may not already include tax and any handling charge.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:19 AM   #6
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 424

Thanks for the replies! Work tickets have no expiration dates and are the same tickets issued by Disney (MYW). The prices include tax and shipping cost is nominal. Savings is over $200 for 4 tickets. I have 30 days to return them for a full refund.

Last edited by mieuxmew; 02-21-2013 at 04:22 AM. Reason: clarifiction
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.