Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #3436
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
Wow! Whereabouts did you go in London? We only live about 40 minutes away from London and it is a wonderful place- I love to go there! But the rest of England is so very different. Parts are ugly, but so many parts are pretty and quaint. My local town is very old and pretty. I live 20 minutes from Cambridge which is also beautiful and a famous city but much smaller and quainter than London. And you really ought to visit Scotland!

I have been to Scotland, England (obviously lol), France, Belgium, Austria, Germany, Hungary and Sardinia. Not very many countries yet but I hope to see more! Sardinia is an Italian island but it feels so old fashioned and basic.

That is interesting you think New York is pretty. See, I've never really seen true skyscrapers like you have in America. There are some in London but not many. What state do you live in, out of interest?

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We were only in London for four days because it was only a long layover, so we mainly did the big tourist stuff. We did the London Eye (which was spectacular), British Museum, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and that sort of thing. Cambridge and your town sound very pretty. I'd love to see outside of London and see things tourists don't usually see. Are there little seaside towns like in movies?

Wow, you've been to so many countries! I've only been to a few different countries, but lots of states. I think it's funny that you said you haven't been to many, but ask pretty much every person in the US and they would say you've been to tons. Just a cultural difference, I guess. Most people you talk to here have never even traveled outside the US.

The states I've been to are Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., New York, Michigan, Indiana, Texas, West Virginia, Tennessee, Washington, and California. And I live in North Carolina. I like NC because were close to both mountains and beach. I live in a pretty average city, though.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #3437
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerFG View Post
I KNEW IT!

But seriously, what show?
I know someone who was on Survivor, and she said it wasn't scripted. But it went through a lot of editing. They could edit together stuff said days apart and make it sound like a single conversation.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #3438
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post
I know someone who was on Survivor, and she said it wasn't scripted. But it went through a lot of editing. They could edit together stuff said days apart and make it sound like a single conversation.
Huh, that's crazy. I always knew there was something fishy about Reality Shows.

https://twitter.com/#!/TylerFG
Old 02-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #3439
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey

I figured that was what they did. But I still love reality shows lol
Old 02-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #3440
Orreed
Olivia

That's interesting about Survivor! I always thought that one was pretty real, which I guess the most part it is.

Haha they are fishy. Like for one time they where forced to crash a party, they did not want to. I am not going to reveal the name because I am not comfortable sharing my state but It's one of those shows with dramatic people. The girl lives in a HUGE house. I think It mostly focuses on the moms. I will admit I feel it's OK, because they are entertaining. .

Last edited by Orreed; 02-18-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #3441
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post
That's interesting about Survivor! I always thought that one was pretty real, which I guess the most part it is.

Haha they are fishy. Like for one time they where forced to crash a party, they did not want to. I am not going to reveal the name because I am not comfortable sharing my state but It's one of those shows with dramatic rich people. The girl lives in a HUGE house and is a cheerleader. I will admit I feel it's OK, because they are entertaining.
Is it on something like MTV?

Old 02-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #3442
Orreed
Olivia

Quote:
Is it on something like MTV?
Yes. It is a much like Housewives of Beverly Hills, but not in Beverly Hills. Just went on website for the first time. Really weird seeing a girl I go to school with. We used to be good friends in elementary. We don't hate each other now, just don't really hang out. It's on the Style network.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #3443
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post
Yes. It is a much like Housewives of Beverly Hills, but not in Beverly Hills. Just went on website for the first time. Really weird seeing a girl I go to school with. We used to be good friends in elementary. We don't hate each other now, just don't really hang out. It's on the Style network.
amn, now that is surreal.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #3444
Disney~Cutie
DIS Veteran

In other words, Corbin Bleu follows me on Twitter so now someone famous finally follows me

You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #3445
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed
Ahhh I REALLY WANT to go Europe. It looks so pretty. I especially want to visit France and Italy. By other dream destinations although not in Europe are Australia and Japan.
I could see how you could not like it, but I loved NYC. I bet too at the holiday season it is even better. Although quite ironic, Central Park was my favorite part. If you go, although it's not my favorite brand, I enjoyed the Juicy Store. It was almost all pink, very chic, and three stories. Also being a theatre kid, it was exciting to see a Broadway show. Thinking working behind the scenes in movies when I grow up as a job possibility, touring the NBC studio was cool. We got to walk on a news set and see the SNL stage.
Boston is AWESOME out an hour drive to Boston, Massachusetts. Those Northern states are tiny!) I love history, and many parts of Boston are like the colonial times. There will be random old buildings next to skyscrapers. Where I live that does not happen a lot. I love history which also led to my liking of the city. Like New York, the subways where cool to me. Boston also has yummy sea food if you like fish. If you can visit Cape Cod. It's a very picturesque beach town.
One of my favorite cities I have visited is Washington DC, America's capital. If you like American history, it is a must do. They have really cool free museums.
With people being tan, most are pale in my city. But that just might be where I live. But I do live in the southern half of the US. I find things on television are VERY different than what it actually is. My classmate is on a reality show, and most of the stuff is scripted. A lot of things can be true also. In relation, California is fun too
Sorry this was long. Thinking about travel makes me happy...
I have been to France and Italy and I urge you to GO GO GO!!! They are both amazing countries, and have such a wonderful feel. Parts are extraordinarily basic and are a culture shock. When we went to Italy, parts were so basic- and the supermarkets only sold the essentials- no ready meals or desserts or anything- just plain ingredients. The houses were often just shacks too. The movie Ratatouille really shows the French culture and it is amazing! Italians are noticeably more aggressive lol. Just the way they do things and shove you out the way. Haha.

Funny, because although I want to go to China and Japan, I am not that inspired at the moment to go to Australia. I don't know really why, but it seems quite similar to the UK.

What exactly is the Juicy Store? The name sounds a little suspicious lol! Here, a shop called Juicy sells loads of hideous and revealing outfits but I am guessing it is not linked to your Juicy Store.

Wow, you are so ambitious! I wouldn't be brave enough to try and pursue a career like that, well maybe. Lol. You're lucky knowing what you want to do, I don't really. I am taking Government and Politics for A levels next academic year and we cover America so I think after that I will want to visit Washington DC.

Oh my goodness, you are making me really want to visit all of these places! I have heard of Cape Cod and it sounds wonderful. I would love to explore America but sadly it is not in the budget.

What state do you live in? Do you have a southern accent? I'm curious, lol.

I get you about television. FTR, it bugs me that British people are literally always the villains on US television shows!!! And also that all of us speak really posh, most Brits have terrible accents... Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey

We were only in London for four days because it was only a long layover, so we mainly did the big tourist stuff. We did the London Eye (which was spectacular), British Museum, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and that sort of thing. Cambridge and your town sound very pretty. I'd love to see outside of London and see things tourists don't usually see. Are there little seaside towns like in movies?

Wow, you've been to so many countries! I've only been to a few different countries, but lots of states. I think it's funny that you said you haven't been to many, but ask pretty much every person in the US and they would say you've been to tons. Just a cultural difference, I guess. Most people you talk to here have never even traveled outside the US.

The states I've been to are Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., New York, Michigan, Indiana, Texas, West Virginia, Tennessee, Washington, and California. And I live in North Carolina. I like NC because were close to both mountains and beach. I live in a pretty average city, though.
I love the London Eye!!! It is best when it's sunset- you go up in the daytime and come down in the dark. I've never been to the British Museum weirdly that I can remember. Do you have palaces like Buckingham Palace in the US?

We do have beautiful and quaint seaside towns, that's what I love is that we have so much history. Often with little piers and cafes selling rock candy. Many are touristy though. To me, it's the little towns and villages that are the best, the ones that aren't flocked with tourists. We have a huge Victorian Manor house down the road from us, still furnished as if it were from 150 years ago, and you can walk through it. It's so fascinating.

I guess it's a little different because America is so huge, whereas the UK is tiny and you can get the euro tunnel to France for £15. From there you have a gateway to the rest of Europe. It is nice to be so close to everything however at the moment I am in love with the US lol.

You have been to so many states!!! Are they all quite different or rather similar? I would imagine California is different to Texas, for example. I've heard that in California people just casually get plastic surgery and show up for work the next day or two! Here, that seems really unusual. OMG you live in North Carolina that is my dream state!!! Well actually I can't decide between NC, SC and PA. I wanted to take a holiday to the Carolinas a while ago. The weather seems perfect, cold at winter and hot at summer!!! And I didn't even know thee were mountains there haha! I guess I forget that most Americans are not close to the beach, wow!

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

Old 02-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #3446
meggiebeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney~Cutie
In other words, Corbin Bleu follows me on Twitter so now someone famous finally follows me
I don't have Twitter but my friends do and they are obsessed with getting famous people to follow them- so far unsuccessfully lol. Maybe I should get twitter although I thought it was just for famous people at first lol.

~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,

Old 02-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #3447
meggiebeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed

Ugh, don't get me started on that hideous monstrosity of a TV programmer lol! I hate reality TV. And I hate people trying to get famous using it. Housewives of Beverly Hills is annoying but the Kardashians really bugs me. I have watched Toddlers and Tiaras though and found it entertaining and interesting as I had never seen anything like that before!

Old 02-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #3448
Disney~Cutie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't have Twitter but my friends do and they are obsessed with getting famous people to follow them- so far unsuccessfully lol. Maybe I should get twitter although I thought it was just for famous people at first lol.

I don't know why I have it I only have like 100 followers omg

You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #3449
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

So, the Downtown Disney Twitter RT'd me today. Don't know if that counts as a celebrity, but I'm still excited!

Old 02-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #3450
Orreed
Olivia

Quote:
I have been to France and Italy and I urge you to GO GO GO!!! They are both amazing countries, and have such a wonderful feel. Parts are extraordinarily basic and are a culture shock. When we went to Italy, parts were so basic- and the supermarkets only sold the essentials- no ready meals or desserts or anything- just plain ingredients. The houses were often just shacks too. The movie Ratatouille really shows the French culture and it is amazing! Italians are noticeably more aggressive lol. Just the way they do things and shove you out the way. Haha.

I want to go. It's just finding the money to go Hopefully during college. I'd love to study oversees.

Funny, because although I want to go to China and Japan, I am not that inspired at the moment to go to Australia. I don't know really why, but it seems quite similar to the UK.

Well then that would make sense. I have no been to UK. I'd also like to go to UK.

What exactly is the Juicy Store? The name sounds a little suspicious lol! Here, a shop called Juicy sells loads of hideous and revealing outfits but I am guessing it is not linked to your Juicy Store.

I think it is different. It's Juicy Couture. It had a lot of purses. It's super pricy so I don't shop there. I like to save my money and find good deals

Wow, you are so ambitious! I wouldn't be brave enough to try and pursue a career like that, well maybe. Lol. You're lucky knowing what you want to do, I don't really. I am taking Government and Politics for A levels next academic year and we cover America so I think after that I will want to visit Washington DC.

Oh trust me, that is just one idea. I have tons! If you enjoy your America studies go!

Oh my goodness, you are making me really want to visit all of these places! I have heard of Cape Cod and it sounds wonderful. I would love to explore America but sadly it is not in the budget.

Ditto with Europe.

What state do you live in? Do you have a southern accent? I'm curious, lol.

I'll PM you. I don't have an accent, I was born in New Hampshire and moved. Actually, it's rare to find anyone with an accent! I live in a melting pot.

I get you about television. FTR, it bugs me that British people are literally always the villains on US television shows!!! And also that all of us speak really posh, most Brits have terrible accents... Lol.

That does seem to happen a lot.

Quote:
So, the Downtown Disney Twitter RT'd me today. Don't know if that counts as a celebrity, but I'm still excited!
Hey, it's a famous country. I don't have Twitter (Tried it out a year ago, not for me. Plus, not a lot of my friends where on it and I had to have a protected account, with a exciting amount of six followers, haha.) but on Pintrest Deb Wills, founder of the first Disney site I checked daily, repinned by pin and I got super excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney~Cutie View Post
That's neat!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: