Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #106
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I noticed that you had quite a small group. Did you get Disney to organize the tasting for you or did you do it yourselves? I am organizing Champagne Girls for the first Alaska cruise this year and our group so far is a similar size to yours and I am a bit worried that DCL says it is too small for them to do the tasting.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #107
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I noticed that you had quite a small group. Did you get Disney to organize the tasting for you or did you do it yourselves? I am organizing Champagne Girls for the first Alaska cruise this year and our group so far is a similar size to yours and I am a bit worried that DCL says it is too small for them to do the tasting.

Corinna
Hi Corinna, did you put the notice on FB as well as the DIS? I know a lot of people only do FB. You may get more people interested that way. Just a suggestion.

Do you have a lot of people on your thread? It may be too early for some people too. Just my thoughts.

I find I have the opposite problem.....everytime I host an event I have even more people showing up than before.

Oh did you put a description and pictures up on the thread. That might get more people interested too. Again, just my thoughts.

Let us know if more people start signing up. I'm curious to know how it goes.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!

Last edited by EllaEnchanted; 02-20-2013 at 02:33 PM.
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #108
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Gal View Post
Here's yet another group of us bubbly Champagne Girls on the 2010 WBTA!

Su_Kraft is popping the bubbly!

It looks like you all had a bunch of fun. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. I love looking at them all.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #109
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald & Daisy Duck View Post
I am planning a champagne girls meet for our upcoming cruise in August this year on the Fantasy!

Thanks for starting such a great tradition!!

I cant figure out how to post a picture otherwise I would have added the picture of the champagne girls meet on our September 12th Canada cruise!!

YAY!!!! It's a lot of fun isn't it!!!! You'll want to do one on every cruise.

Glad you had such a great time on you Canada cruise and thank you for sharing the picture. I see some people I know in that picture. It's always fun to see them in their pink outfits and boas and tiaras.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 02-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #110
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Hi Corinna, did you put the notice on FB as well as the DIS? I know a lot of people only do FB. You may get more people interested that way. Just a suggestion.

Do you have a lot of people on your thread? It may be too early for some people too. Just my thoughts.

I find I have the opposite problem.....everytime I host an event I have even more people showing up than before.

Oh did you put a description and pictures up on the thread. That might get more people interested too. Again, just my thoughts.

Let us know if more people start signing up. I'm curious to know how it goes.

Yes, I posted this both to Facebook and on our cruise meet thread. We have a fairly small group in any case and lost a bunch of people when the bargains for the May Panama Canal Cruise were offered. I appreciate your input.

Corinna
Old 02-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #111
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
We have a fairly small group in any case and lost a bunch of people when the bargains for the May Panama Canal Cruise were offered.

Corinna
Briefly going OT, but:
I still wish we could do both cruises, I would have loved to meet you!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #112
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Corinna
This Canada cruise was a last minute booking for us when they offered a DVC discount. So my DIS buddy (also in the picture) and I organized this CG gathering about a week or so before the cruise. We just met in the Promenade Lounge one afternoon on a sea day and ordered from the bar--some ordered champagne, some ordered other drinks and some non alcoholic. My friend and I were the only ones that had been DCL Champagne Girls before, so we were really happy that about a dozen new CGs showed up on short notice.

We're going to be doing the same type of simple CG get together on the WBPC in May.
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #113
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakamalua View Post
This Canada cruise was a last minute booking for us when they offered a DVC discount. So my DIS buddy (also in the picture) and I organized this CG gathering about a week or so before the cruise. We just met in the Promenade Lounge one afternoon on a sea day and ordered from the bar--some ordered champagne, some ordered other drinks and some non alcoholic. My friend and I were the only ones that had been DCL Champagne Girls before, so we were really happy that about a dozen new CGs showed up on short notice.

We're going to be doing the same type of simple CG get together on the WBPC in May.
Thanks for the information. I was hoping that we could have a structured tasting like I experienced on the 2011 Panama Canal cruise. This was my favourite Champagne Girls event of the three that I have participated in. I am going to wait until the three months mark, which is next week and then I email DCL to see what they say. If not the Promenade Lounge (or even the Outlook Cafe) sounds like a good idea.

Corinna
Old 08-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #114
princessmurdough
Does that come with champagne?

Ohmybubbly...I have FOUND my people!!! I see this thread is
Old 08-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #115
princessmurdough
Does that come with champagne?

Whoops, hit send too fast!

I see I'm late for this party, as this is an old, old thread, but any CG's sailing next feb??
We have a BBC (bubbles brunch club) here at home, and can think of no better tradition to share on the high seas. LOVE to join your fun group!
Old 09-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #116
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to revive this thread and thank you again Ella for the idea. So far, we have around 30 women signed up. We have had several women ask if their daughters could join us (sorry, have to be 21), so we are have a little "Ladies in Waiting" for the daughters to meet with us before/after our get together for a photo op.

Our plans are to use Ooh La La on the for the meet...can you think of a more perfect spot?

Thanks again, will post pics after our cruise in November. I'd love to hear any other PCG success stories!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #117
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

We had a great one on the EBTA on the Magic this past May!!
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #118
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
I just wanted to revive this thread and thank you again Ella for the idea. So far, we have around 30 women signed up. We have had several women ask if their daughters could join us (sorry, have to be 21), so we are have a little "Ladies in Waiting" for the daughters to meet with us before/after our get together for a photo op.

Our plans are to use Ooh La La on the for the meet...can you think of a more perfect spot?

Thanks again, will post pics after our cruise in November. I'd love to hear any other PCG success stories!!
Ooh La La will be a perfect venue for you ladies!!!! We had our son's engagement party in there last July on the Fantasy...perfect place for poppin the bubbly!!!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #119
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

We are on the Dream November 10th. When is your November cruise?

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #120
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmurdough View Post
Whoops, hit send too fast!

I see I'm late for this party, as this is an old, old thread, but any CG's sailing next feb??
We have a BBC (bubbles brunch club) here at home, and can think of no better tradition to share on the high seas. LOVE to join your fun group!
I'm in!

Disney Dream Bahamas - 6/7/11
mrswarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: