Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #751
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

You know, I am really glad you posted about this experience with Nemo! My DS will be turning 3 on our October trip, and he loves Nemo. DH and I have not seen the Nemo show since our honeymoon trip in 2007, so I didn't remember about that first scene and how scary it can be for kids! Now I will have that in mind so we can either skip the show again this time and try again when he's older, or have his eyes covered for that part of the show.

The pictures of Noelle with Rafiki are absolutely adorable! I'm glad she could show Parker there was nothing to be afraid of. In that picture of Candi & Parker on the train, you can definitely see where Parker gets his great smile from!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 02-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #752
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I hate the new photobucket, too. Why fix what isn't broke ???
im with you there, it showed my items were uploading but would not let me get t hem from the library i had to create a new sub folder then make sure that is where they were uploading too...took 3 times but i finally got it...still a pain though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Update Dan !! I am gonna try FTB again in October on the Free Trip!!! I am not a huge Ribs fan, but I do remember seeing someone with a Turkey Sandwich that looked delish and I remember the Lime dessert was tasty!!!
i know candi got the turkey sandwich, i had the pulled pork...they were okay...not great. i think im just used to my smoked meats, and how they taste so i am not always a fan of how others do theres. while theres may be more traditional to the way others cook, mine are usually alot more tender with brining the meat first, i dont think they take that extra step.

but you are right that lime dessert was very good i do remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Great safari pics

We discovered Rafiki's Train thing 2 years ago and really enjoyed that. Lot of fun over there and interesting stuff to learn about.

Bummer on the long wait for food

Poor Parker getting scared again. It is hard not to get upset as you want the perfect vacation and for everyone to have fun. Every parent makes mistakes and takes awhile to learn not worth getting upset with them. Been There Done That.

Looks like you redeemed yourself in the DINO area. Looks like a lot of fun there
i know rafikis, gets a bad wrap with most people but we love it, alot of the kids to do and see back there.

we did have fun in the dino area, but didnt play really long as we had to keep on schedule to get the kids to see everything there, one thing i hate trying to schedule that day around all the different show times and trying to get everything in.

but i think it worked out good for us that day and we did do everything we wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Every parent gets frustrated or goes through times when they might be a little hyper sensitive but it doesn't mean anything other than we're human n we all have our moments.
i agree with you there, you sometimes need to learn along with them.

and just hope you dont repeat that to many times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
You know, I am really glad you posted about this experience with Nemo! My DS will be turning 3 on our October trip, and he loves Nemo. DH and I have not seen the Nemo show since our honeymoon trip in 2007, so I didn't remember about that first scene and how scary it can be for kids! Now I will have that in mind so we can either skip the show again this time and try again when he's older, or have his eyes covered for that part of the show.

The pictures of Noelle with Rafiki are absolutely adorable! I'm glad she could show Parker there was nothing to be afraid of. In that picture of Candi & Parker on the train, you can definitely see where Parker gets his great smile from!
thinking back if we had distracted him during htat part or let him know it was coming up i think it would have been better, but just the shock of it right away didnt help, no matter how big and bright and happy everything was after that.

if you go to the show good luck in it.

that is a good picture, he Definitely loves trains...

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #753
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I must havemissed the being afraid of NEMO show part!! For the life of me I can't think which part is scarey !!Of course I roamed the earth wiith Dinasaurs accrding to Marv, so I am a little older !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #754
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
At this point i started to think that if there was not the whole issue of this giant vehicle i was in, this guy would seriously consider taking a shot at me.
Yeah, somebody definitely did you-know-what in his cornflakes.

Quote:
After our second safari ride of the morning. we were off on the train to the rafiki area, parker was loving the train that morning just like he loves all trains.
Even big boys love trains. Although I have to admit, that one eventually has me wishing it would hit the gas pedal. Or whatever trains do to speed up.

Quote:
One of our favorite hidden mickeys and one of the first we ever found before we even knew what hidden mickeys were.
That is a good one.

Quote:
We also spotted this guy with a funky hair cut. Nothing like sucking up to your boss.
Nice!

Quote:
From there we went and had lunch. we ate at flame tree BBQ and the line was really long with a bunch of angry people who were not getting all of there orders or no orders at all...almost 15 minutes later we got our food and i went off to find the family holding down a table.
Wow. Wonder what the issue was there.

Quote:
as soon as the show started the lights went out and they start the scene with the mean looking fish that eats all the fish eggs right...well, parker hit the floor and was under my legs.

Quote:
so instead of fighting with him and keeping him scared we left the show...with short memories from the night before we started to all get angry with each other...well we dialed it back in before it got to the night before approach we had. and were off to find something fun for parker to do.

so to the dino area it was.
C'mon Parker! Let's ride Dinosaur!

Quote:
this was another point that you hate as a parent, you think that you would learn the first time to not get angry with a situation like the night before, but we found that we did get upset again when we left nemo.
It is all a learning process and do we always get it right as parents, nope, do we sometimes fail, yep, do we crash spectacularly after having a similar situation less than 24 hours earlier. absolutely. just learn to move on and keep trying to get it right.
...and then screw it up again somewhere down the line. That's my experience, anyway.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #755
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Dan, I LOVE this picture! he is so stinkin cute.

I read several updates. Felt so bad that he was scared of the dino, but it happens. And he seemed fine after getting Bronty so it's all good!

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 02-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #756
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of the safari, Dan. So happy you got the baby elephant (I couldn't get a shot) and that you also got the baby rhino (she/he wasn't out when we were there).

Sorry about the fiasco with Nemo; it's been a few years since we saw it (okay two years I guess) and I don't remember the beginning that well.

I have to get Mark to Rafiki's Planet...we've not been there together since the kids were little (I did go with Mary and the girls last year).

I wonder why it was so crowded at Flame Tree? We've gone and never had much of a wait no matter what time of the day. Mark refuses to eat Florida pizza so Pizzafari is out for us.

I love Noelle's eyes when she is looking at Rafiki.

RIP Genie
Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #757
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I love these two pictures, especially the fish tank shot. That's awesome!

UGH - I have heard so many complaints about the new photobucket today that I am seriously worried with only days to covert.

Great update. I have not been to Rafiki's planet in forever. I almost went on my last trip. I really need to check it out again. The animal interaction looks very cool.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #758
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I must havemissed the being afraid of NEMO show part!! For the life of me I can't think which part is scarey !!Of course I roamed the earth wiith Dinasaurs accrding to Marv, so I am a little older !!
the very first scene is when the big long skinny fish comes and eats the fish eggs...it comes up quick so it can scare a little kid pretty easy. might even scare prehistoric rosie's as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Yeah, somebody definitely did you-know-what in his cornflakes.

Even big boys love trains. Although I have to admit, that one eventually has me wishing it would hit the gas pedal. Or whatever trains do to speed up.

That is a good one.

Nice!

Wow. Wonder what the issue was there.

C'mon Parker! Let's ride Dinosaur!

...and then screw it up again somewhere down the line. That's my experience, anyway.
it is a slow mover, but riding past the animal pens does help the time to go by.

not sure what the issue in our line some people had special diet orders that were not coming out, others were missing a few items...it was the peak lunch rush but just seemed to be very hectic that afternoon, even for a lunch crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post

Dan, I LOVE this picture! he is so stinkin cute.

I read several updates. Felt so bad that he was scared of the dino, but it happens. And he seemed fine after getting Bronty so it's all good!
hey cheri, glad to see you on the boards.

that is a fun picture thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great pictures of the safari, Dan. So happy you got the baby elephant (I couldn't get a shot) and that you also got the baby rhino (she/he wasn't out when we were there).

Sorry about the fiasco with Nemo; it's been a few years since we saw it (okay two years I guess) and I don't remember the beginning that well.

I have to get Mark to Rafiki's Planet...we've not been there together since the kids were little (I did go with Mary and the girls last year).

I wonder why it was so crowded at Flame Tree? We've gone and never had much of a wait no matter what time of the day. Mark refuses to eat Florida pizza so Pizzafari is out for us.

I love Noelle's eyes when she is looking at Rafiki.
i was reallyhappy with the safari pics this time, the 3 shot action motion burst worked good on the camera to get the moving animal shots.

i think mark would enjoy it back there lots to see and learn about and something new for him.

if he refuses pizza he might like there hot italian sandwich, we always enjoy that at pizzafari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love these two pictures, especially the fish tank shot. That's awesome!

UGH - I have heard so many complaints about the new photobucket today that I am seriously worried with only days to covert.

Great update. I have not been to Rafiki's planet in forever. I almost went on my last trip. I really need to check it out again. The animal interaction looks very cool.
thanks, i was happy to get that shot in front of the tank, sometimes the unposed ones are way better than the stand there and smile and me ones.

i think the changes are just annoying people, but once i figured it out it is okay.

i changed my settings to have it show the links and now that i created a sub folder and just send all my uploads there it works good...

it is very hands on and interactive, and the CM's love to tell you anything you want to know about the animals

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 02-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #759
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

I stumbled on to your trip report about a week ago & finally just got caught up on my lunch hours! Love it!

Great stories & pictures & adorable family!!

Can't wait to keep reading!

And love the Chi-town pic! I love that city as well. So much, I live there!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #760
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
this was suppose to be part of the signs i was "going" to take a picture of as many as i could to find all the letters of the alphabet and make a flash card game for the kids...i did get a few other letters...but missed close to 20 of them...i just forgot.
What letters did you get? Mackenzie and I can try and get all the letters for you while we're there.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #761
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
this was another point that you hate as a parent, you think that you would learn the first time to not get angry with a situation like the night before, but we found that we did get upset again when we left nemo.
It is all a learning process and do we always get it right as parents, nope, do we sometimes fail, yep, do we crash spectacularly after having a similar situation less than 24 hours earlier. absolutely. just learn to move on and keep trying to get it right.

That's right, Dan. It's the best any parent can do.

we have one more shot coming up this day to see if we can figure out how to work with and solve the whole getting scared on rides event. but that is a story for another chapter and another day.

and sorry for so much time from the last update, i just figured out how to find my pictures onthe new photobucket.(i hate there changes.)
It's not the easiest to use, is it?
Once you figure it out, it's not so bad.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #762
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
I stumbled on to your trip report about a week ago & finally just got caught up on my lunch hours! Love it!

Great stories & pictures & adorable family!!

Can't wait to keep reading!

And love the Chi-town pic! I love that city as well. So much, I live there!
glad to give you something to read during your lunch breaks...
if you want to read anything else during your lunch breaks, there are other reports in my signature.

what part of the city do you live in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
What letters did you get? Mackenzie and I can try and get all the letters for you while we're there.
i will have to go back and see what ones i have and let you know.

thanks would appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
It's not the easiest to use, is it?
Once you figure it out, it's not so bad.
it is frustrating at first but i think i have all the settings where i want them now...just wish they didnt change it.

Blessed by the Best
Old 02-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #763
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Definitely taking the baby to Rafiki's Planet Watch. I am sure he will like the train ride alone.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #764
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Definitely taking the baby to Rafiki's Planet Watch. I am sure he will like the train ride alone.
that sounds likea good plan to me.

Blessed by the Best
Old 02-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #765
FauntleroyFAN07

wrapping around to next page

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: