Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #331
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

DAY TWO, FRIDAY NOVEMBER 30TH, PART SEVEN

At 9:30pm, the special Holiday Illuminations started! I really loved my view even more once it started as I could see everything and got tons of great pictures. These next few posts will just be picture of Illuminations, so enjoy!!!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 02-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #332
PhoenixStrength

Even more Illuminations pictures!!!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #333
PhoenixStrength

And more Illuminations pictures (last post of them….I think!!!)

And after 17 minutes it was over! Believe it or not, that’s less than half the pictures I took of Illuminations too.

Of course there was a mad stampede for the exit, so I stayed put for a few minutes. I had originally planned to stay for extra magic hours, but since I didn’t feel well I decided I’d leave, though I wasn’t in a rush. I stopped by a PP taking shots by the tree first…

First one was my camera, second was the PP shot. Then I stopped at another for a pic with Mickey and Minnie (though they weren’t very talkative!). Again, my camera is the first shot, theirs is the second.

They were projecting their farewells on SSE at this time….

And Happy Holidays by the front gates.

I got on the bus to POP at 10:39pm and was at POP Century at 10:54pm. Not much of a line at that point so the bus was full, but not crazy like I’m sure it was a bit earlier!

Once I got to POP I headed right to my room. From the 4th floor I took a quick picture of the Hippy Dippy Pool with no one in it!

When I got to my room I was cheered up by seeing this in my window:

And several more towel animals inside!

I quickly downloaded my pictures from my camera onto my laptop and was in bed by 11:30pm. Thankfully I slept well, as I had another big day tomorrow at Hollywood Studios!

NEXT TIME: WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT’S BROKE DOWN?!!!!

Old 02-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #334
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Wonderful Illuminations pictures! My little camera does not do well with night pictures. Everytime I see great night pictures on a TR I think I should upgrade. Then I think about the fact that I would have to lug a bigger camera around and the idea goes out the window.

I love the PP pictures with the tree and Mickey & Minnie. at the comment on them not talking much. I thought, "but they don't talk". Then the light bulb went on and I realized that you meant because they were Topiaries. I think I'm a little slow today.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #335
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

It's amazing how zoomed in your pictures of the globe are! And they're pretty clear too, not blurry. Awesome!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #336
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are great! It does seem like that was a great viewing area. I love how Illuminations is such a "low" firework display. (Sigh) I want to go back! Also that elephant towel animal is so cute!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #337
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Wonderful Illuminations pictures! My little camera does not do well with night pictures. Everytime I see great night pictures on a TR I think I should upgrade. Then I think about the fact that I would have to lug a bigger camera around and the idea goes out the window.

I love the PP pictures with the tree and Mickey & Minnie. at the comment on them not talking much. I thought, "but they don't talk". Then the light bulb went on and I realized that you meant because they were Topiaries. I think I'm a little slow today.
I really love my camera (Nikon Coolpix L120) because it has an awesome zoom, takes great pics and isn't that heavy. And it wasn't expensive either (~$250).

I know they never talk, but the characters do interact at least. Not those ones though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
It's amazing how zoomed in your pictures of the globe are! And they're pretty clear too, not blurry. Awesome!
I got lots of blurry ones too, but only posted the good ones! I do love how great the zoom is on my camera, 21x optical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Your pictures are great! It does seem like that was a great viewing area. I love how Illuminations is such a "low" firework display. (Sigh) I want to go back! Also that elephant towel animal is so cute!!!
Thanks! I do really like that viewing spot, and it was even better that it was a reserved area, so it wasn't overly crowded. There were a lot of people there, but you still had elbow space!

Isn't it cute??? I really loved that, and my stuffed animals sledding down the chair!

Old 02-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #338
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

I really love my camera (Nikon Coolpix L120) because it has an awesome zoom, takes great pics and isn't that heavy. And it wasn't expensive either (~$250).

I know they never talk, but the characters do interact at least. Not those ones though!

I got lots of blurry ones too, but only posted the good ones! I do love how great the zoom is on my camera, 21x optical!

Thanks! I do really like that viewing spot, and it was even better that it was a reserved area, so it wasn't overly crowded. There were a lot of people there, but you still had elbow space!

Isn't it cute??? I really loved that, and my stuffed animals sledding down the chair!
I heart Nikon. I have a Coolpix P500- but my DSLR is my camera of choice. Almost debating selling the P500....

I couldn't figure out the sledding animals but now it makes sense!!! So cute!!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #339
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

I heart Nikon. I have a Coolpix P500- but my DSLR is my camera of choice. Almost debating selling the P500....

I couldn't figure out the sledding animals but now it makes sense!!! So cute!!
I'd love to get a DSLR, but not in my budget right now, so I'm happy with my Nikon!

It took me a minute to realize they were sledding too!

Old 02-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #340
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Illuminations pictures! Absolutely beautiful!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #341
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Illuminations pictures! Absolutely beautiful!
Awww...thank you!! I really do love Illuminations, though Wishes will always be my favorite. It is so unique and I had such a great view from that spot.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #342
PhoenixStrength

Hello all!!! Sorry I've been MIA from my TR for a bit, I was busy with work, then realized I was missing pictures from my next update so I had to re-load those ones last night. I'm going to try to get an update done this afternoon, but if not I will definitely get one done tonight. Just depends on how difficult Photobucket decides to be.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #343
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength
Hello all!!! Sorry I've been MIA from my TR for a bit, I was busy with work, then realized I was missing pictures from my next update so I had to re-load those ones last night. I'm going to try to get an update done this afternoon, but if not I will definitely get one done tonight. Just depends on how difficult Photobucket decides to be.
Photobucket has been troublesome lately... It rearranged all my pics so they are out of order.... Looking forward to your update!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #344
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm still holding out and on the old photobucket, but in about 2 weeks I'll have no choice but to make the switch. I'm afraid!

Quote:
Photobucket has been troublesome lately... It rearranged all my pics so they are out of order.... Looking forward to your update!
Presumably because they think they know better than you how your pictures should be arranged? Annoying!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #345
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Yeah, it's a real pain!! They actually sent me a link to a survey about the new Photobucket yesterday. I enjoyed filling that out and telling them everything I thought about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm still holding out and on the old photobucket, but in about 2 weeks I'll have no choice but to make the switch. I'm afraid!
Be afraid, be very afraid!!! It has it's good points, but it's mostly annoying to me and causing me issues with doing my updates.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: