Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #301
phi2012
Mouseketeer

We are staying at okw in June and I want to buy my kids some stuff from the Disneystore.com (got a better selection of things than here in the UK) and I've been looking recently and they keep having great promotions and sales. I would love to buy stuff now but know it would get shipped straight away to either me here in the UK (at a massive postage cost) or to okw over 3 months before we check in which is a bit early I think .

What I am wondering is how early would be not too early to order stuff from the disneystore.com to get delivered to okw? I really want to get some stuff for goody bags for arriving at Disney.

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #302
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer

USPS Priority mail

I see the original post from 2010 suggest not to use USPS. Do they still only deliver to the PO box or is USPS policy changed at delivering right to the resort. The only local way of shipping we have is USPS. Do you think if I shipped Priority 10 days before our arrival, our box will make it to CBR on time?
cowcrazy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #303
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer

Package

If you call the desk, once you are in the room for the night. Will they deliver your shipped packages to your room?
Old 02-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #304
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer

I called CBR the USPS does not deliver directly to the resorts. You do need to send fedex or UPS. I ordered from Garden grocery.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #305
Orcagirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowcrazy65 View Post
I called CBR the USPS does not deliver directly to the resorts. You do need to send fedex or UPS.
My husband ordered something from a photography store to be shipped to CSR and it's being sent by USPS. Now that it's already en route, does anyone know if the package will be automatically forwarded to CSR from a central shipping point, or do we need to call to track it down? Any guesses on how long that typically takes?

I had called CSR to check on any special delivery instructions, and they didn't mention anything about *not* using USPS.

Erin
Orcagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #306
PA Disneymania
Mouseketeer

Medical food/beverage shipped to resorts

My nephew needs to be on a feeding tube throughout the night. My brother-in-law wants to FedEx the liquid to CBR for our June ressie rather than deal with the airlines. However, they are concerned about what will happen to the shipment until we arrive. (They will ship it so that it arrives a day or two before we arrive.) Has anyone had any experience with shipping special foods or beverages to a WDW resort? I suggested calling CBR and speaking to them directly, but I am curious as to anyone's experiences good or bad? Thanks.
PA Disneymania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #307
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer

I called back today and double checked with the CBR manager. When asked do they receive packages and ship packages out for resort guests they said yes. When I asked specifically about USPS...they said no. I am picking up UPS boxes to pack and they will ship out for us from there, they stated they would do that.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #308
kpitarresi
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info!!!

DH Me DS (6) DS (2)
kpitarresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #309
MIChessGuy
Mouseketeer

I am surprised to hear about resorts not dealing with USPS at all. My understanding was that the worst possible outcome would be that the shipment would get funneled through Disney's PO Box and slowly make its way to your resort -- sometimes so slowly that you would already have been there for a day or two. Outright non-delivery of USPS packages seems pretty harsh.
MIChessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #310
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

How long will a resort hold a package for? I don't want to end up odrering a package 2-3 weeks before we leave, expecting a longer delivery time, only to find it has been delivered within a week and Disney will be unable to hold it for us!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #311
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

I've never heard of anything having a problem with packages being held. And I've heard of several held for at least a week. My last one probably arrived 4 or 5 days in advance to Boardwalk. They also held it even though it was my name and the reservation somehow got changed to my sister's name. Took them a while to find our check-in materials; no problem with the package.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #312
ricosuave
Mouseketeer

I don't have amazon prime. How far in advance should I place my amazon order to get to pop (arrive 4/30)
Old 03-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #313
stephanieoh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Disneymania View Post
My nephew needs to be on a feeding tube throughout the night. My brother-in-law wants to FedEx the liquid to CBR for our June ressie rather than deal with the airlines. However, they are concerned about what will happen to the shipment until we arrive. (They will ship it so that it arrives a day or two before we arrive.) Has anyone had any experience with shipping special foods or beverages to a WDW resort? I suggested calling CBR and speaking to them directly, but I am curious as to anyone's experiences good or bad? Thanks.
My son also has a feeding tube and I was thinking about shipping his supplies and formula down via UPS since it's a lot to bring on the plane (at least one big suitcase to check and then another bag or two to carry on, in addition to all our clothes etc). I hesitate to label it with anything "medical" in case someone thinks it's more exciting than it really is and takes it. But I'm also afraid of our luggage getting lost. He eats nothing by mouth, he lives solely on this special formula due to his medical condition.
stephanieoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #314
lfortin16
Mouseketeer

Kidani Village

Does Kidani Village have a different mailing address from the Animal Kingdom Lodge? All I can find is the address for the Lodge.
lfortin16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #315
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfortin16 View Post
Does Kidani Village have a different mailing address from the Animal Kingdom Lodge? All I can find is the address for the Lodge.
This is the address I used for Kidani Village when I shipped in December

Disney’s Animal Kingdom-Kidani
3701 Osceola Pkwy
Lake Buena Vista
Fl

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: