DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
Rockythunder
Earning My Ears

Need help quick

Need some quick advice. We are going to disney world over Christmas and need to pick a resort. First choice of wilderness was booked, and our options are now, AKL savanna view, old key west, Saratoga springs, and beach club. We have ten people going and are getting a studio and a two bedroom villa. I know it will be super busy as the trip is december 25 to January 1. Need to make a decision ASAP so any and all info is appreciated. Only concern with AKL is distance and buses. Thank you in advance for the help.
Rockythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Since this is busy time of year I would opt for SSR. If you want to relax by a pool, SSR has 5 to chose from so if one is busy you can go to another one. they have two feature pools in case you have kids on your trip they options for their pool time. Its a quietier resort.

The other thing is that if you want to visit another resort and don't have a rental car, you can walk over to DTD and hop on a bus to another resort.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
butsy113
AKV Owner

I would choose AK-Jambo. The lobby at Xmas, simply amazing! We have never had an issue with the buses and I never understand the "it's so far". Give yourself 5-10 more minutes than most other resorts and you should be good Hope you have a great trip!!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
nalajms
DIS Veteran

We love Beach club during Christmas season. Even though each hotel has a tree and some kind of gingerbread thing, I just like it more at Beach club. Plus we spend more time at Epcot during that season. AKL savannah view is great if you're big on animals and plan to spend some daylight hours in the resort to enjoy it.

I would pick based on what you plan to do. If you'll be staying in the resorts, than AKL, SSR, OKW would be great choices. If you're planning for parks, specifically Epcot or Hollywood Studios, I'd go Beach club.
nalajms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
tigergrad
Mouseketeer

Another vote for Beach Club/ Stayed there Christmas 2011.
tigergrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #6
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergrad View Post
Another vote for Beach Club/ Stayed there Christmas 2011.
i agree - if you can still get it.

first choice would be BLT or VWL - but second choice is definitely BCV.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

BCV is available, but BWV isn't? That would be my choice.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #8
mithreechicks
Earning My Ears

I'd also vote for BCV if you can get it - and if you're planning on being at either Epcot or HS for NYE. We stayed at BWV for NYE this past year, and walking back after the festivities at Epcot, rather than the nightmare wait-times we had read about taking buses, was sooo worth it!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
mouse
Mouseketeer

I would go with BCV. You can walk or take a boat to HS & EPCOT. Lots of restaurants, entertainment, fireworks within walking distance. Three pools in close proximity. All of this means less dealing with the bus transportation crowds.
mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
Rockythunder
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the advice. We picked BCV and are now waiting on DVC to get back to us. If that doesn't work hopefully one of the others is still a available. Thanks again for all the help and thoughts.
Rockythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #11
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockythunder View Post
Need some quick advice. We are going to disney world over Christmas and need to pick a resort. First choice of wilderness was booked, and our options are now, AKL savanna view, old key west, Saratoga springs, and beach club. We have ten people going and are getting a studio and a two bedroom villa. I know it will be super busy as the trip is december 25 to January 1. Need to make a decision ASAP so any and all info is appreciated. Only concern with AKL is distance and buses. Thank you in advance for the help.
We already made our reservations for the same time and I notice there was LOTS of availablity! Hope to see you there!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: