Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Another vote for Bluezoo. Very nice drinks in a great atmosphere. Look at these lovely libations:

We also quite like The Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club.

We used to enjoy Tambu until they rearranged the seating area to accommodate 'Ohana guests waiting to be seated; this seems to have made it way more chaotic than when we first went. Next time, unless it was a quiet evening, I'd probably opt for my Lapu Lapu to go and sit out on the beach. Ah, Lapuuuu Lapuuuuu.

Last edited by Missoutandabout; 02-20-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Current favorites are the Wave (Contemporary), Sanaa (Animal Kingdom Villas), Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge), Flying Fish (Boardwalk), Bluezoo (Dolphin), Il Mulino (Swan), Flying Fish (Boardwalk), Territory Lounge (Wilderness Lodge). I also like the California Grill's bar/lounge but it is closed right now.

Tambu is not a quiet or relaxed spot, it's too close to 'Ohana for that. It's great for atmosphere and people watching but not for a quiet drink.
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #18
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Tambu is not a quiet or relaxed spot, it's too close to 'Ohana for that. It's great for atmosphere and people watching but not for a quiet drink.
True. The number of people waiting of 'Ohana often makes getting a seat at Tambu Lounge impossible.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Rick's Bar at CSR. Good food too.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #20
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Best spectator sport in Orlando used to be getting a barstool at Tambu and watching the guests come up to check in for 'Ohana. Just to see how they reacted when they saw the line to check in or when they got to the front of it and learned there would be a 2 hour wait if they didn't have a reservation. Unfortunately they have since moved the check-in podium to the other side of the room.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #21
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

I'm not really bothered about going to a bar so I can't help with that. I will say though, if they have a Pina Colava cocktail then definately try it! One of my favourite things at WDW!! I always treat myself to at least one when I am there!!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #22
AuroraRora
Princess

I'm loving all these suggestions!! Now I'm going to have some overflow places to visit for my next trip too, not a bad thing at all!

I'm so tempted by Tambu but the consensus seems to be that it's really busy, particularly at night. If I was to order a drink to go, are there other places in the resort to sit and relax? Is the beach lit up in the evenings? I see they have the Barefoot pool bar too, does anyone know if its possible to go to another resort's pool bar if you're a guest at a different resort? I know pool-hopping is not allowed, but how about just sitting at the pool bar?
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #23
ssleblanc
How many posts until I'm not a Mouseketeer anymore?

Yeehaw Bob was quite entertaining at POR's River Roost Lounge is quite entertaining. He isn't there every night (I think Thursday thru Saturday?) ... he plays piano/sings/tells jokes. I listened to a bit of his show (and the loud audience laughter) from Boatwright's next door.
1974 - Disneyland, stayed with relatives; Thanksgiving 1984 - Offsite (back when WDW was EMPTY on Thanksgiving); Summer 1992 - Disneyland, stayed will relatives; October 1996 - Offsite; October 1998 - 25th Anniversary Celebration, ASMu, September 2006 - Coronado Springs; February 2013 - Mardi Gras at Port Orleans Riverside
ssleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #24
x5x5x5x5x5
Finally figured out how to do this...

I love the bar at the Poly but if I were you I would hit the Epcot resorts and the Swan and Dolphin. Each resort has its own lounge - I really like the Belle Vue at the Boardwalk and the Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club. Kimonos at the Swan has karaoke which can be pretty funny and the sushi is delish (they serve late). Bluezoo etc. also have great bars. My DH always visits the Atlantic Dance Hall for people watching and videos on the big screen. You can always barhop Disney style :-)

I've gotten drinks to go and gone to the beach area around the Yacht / Beach Club and relaxed which is really nice. And I've never had a problem going to Hurricane Hannah's (Yacht / Beach Club pool bar) when not staying there.
x5x5x5x5x5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #25
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran

I love this thread!!! My vote goes to the lounge at WL. The Lounge at AKL is also very nice!!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #26
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

Jellyrolls Dueling Pianos at Boardwalk! You can walk right over after Illumniations, they have entertainment, and they actually have a huge drink called the Jellyroll (which tasted suspiciously like a blue hawaiian.)
Old 02-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #27
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Rix Lounge at the CSR (live music on the weekends with a dance floor and very upscale theme) and the lounge at POFQ...the name is escaping me with the jazz music are our favorites.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #28
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

A WDW vacation at the BoardWalk is not complete without several visits to the Belle Vue Lounge. The inside has an 'Adventurer's Club' air to it with 30s and 40s decor and classic radio shows from that era playing on period piece radios. Outside on the deck one is treated to some great people watching from a vantage point that keeps you above the fray. Add to this that Allen and Tim make a mean spicey Bloody Mary, a pair for less than $14 the last we were there, and it's a great end of day or start of an evening, drinks aren't served until 5 pm and later.

Bill From PA

PSUGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #29
robinb
DIS Veteran

I really like the Victoria Lounge at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but it's a hike from the parks. Will you have a park hopper? I also like the Tune Inn Lounge over at DHS and it ay be open later than Epcot. One of my other favorites is Narcoossee's tiny bar. You can see the MK from there and grab a almond crusted cheesecake along with your drink. I'm not sure how late it's open since it's inside the restaurant.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #30
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

If you have to drink alcohol to have fun at WDW then you must have a problem.

I'm KIDDING!!!!

I like the lounges at WL and AKL.

I can drink the heck out of some Lapu Lapu's.

I also have enjoyed a couple visits to Mizners.

Years and years ago the Outer Rim was a popular spot for me to throw some back.

I have eaten at the Wave, but have never hung out at the bar there. It looks nice.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: