Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #16
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny3 View Post
A newer company that seems to be doing well is It Works. They sell body wraps, greens, defining gel, etc. I've seen some amazing before & after photos and am very tempted to try a wrap!

Also, if you have the confidence for it, Passion Parties or Slumber Parties reps do very well. Those parties are a hoot!
I used to do PP and my upline person did not help me at all! So if you decide to do these types of home-based sales and have a "mentor" (whatever term they use) make sure she/he is very supportive.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #17
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

I used to have a co-worker who did beading parties and did very well at it. I don't remember the name of the company, alas, and she was already an avid beader when she started, but the parties were a blast and well priced. She managed to migrate this into teaching beading classes at the community colleges; she did women's workshops at churches and community centers, bridal parties where the bridesmaids got to make their own wedding jewelry etc. She was always finding new venues. It wasn't direct sell exactly, but it was, you know? It was like corks and canvas but travelling.
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #18
cel_disney
DIS Veteran

First - i am NOT a consultant of any kind...Not sure where you live - but in my region - Wildtree is new and it's what I would recommend. We used to have a bunch of those food prep meal places around and they have all gone away ... Enter Wildtree - helping people host their own food prep party! Who doesn't want to go home with prepped meals! Locally - a Wildtree rep has also paired with our local butcher store and holds parties there weekly! They do all of the prep work for you and bring all of the Wildtree products for use! 165$ and I leave with 10 dinners for 4! LOVE!

In my area there are a lot of parties - I can tolerate going to most of them about once a year when I need to refresh my jewelry, need new makeup, or want a new purse - but I could probably do Wildtree every couple of months! (I actually go monthly to the butcher shop for them! )
cel_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:25 AM   #19
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Party lite and Oragomi owl are 2 that have products I like. And hot those that say friends n fam will hate you, I'd disagree. I skip the ones I don't like ... Like basket or pamper chef, but love and get excited to go to some too.

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #20
Malibelle
Malibelle
I think my hand is glued to the mouse!

I think the key is to get out of your circle of friends quickly when you begin holding parties for direct sales companies so you don't feel like you are over saturating you friends and family. Plus you will come to a dead end. I have done direct sales in the past as a side job and it was a flop and there was not much support. I now do Thirty-One in a overly saturated area but I have not had a problem and trust me it was a huge factor when decided for me but i loved the products so much I had to try. People love the stuff and it sells itself am it's one of the most amazing companies I have ever worked for and I have worked for many Fortune 500 companies. It really depends on you and how you run your business. The best part is making the friends I have made too. I don't feel like I am on my own because the support system is so strong. It's just been a blessing in my life.

Evan's 1st Bday and WDW Visit!
[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/]
Malibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #21
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibelle View Post
I think the key is to get out of your circle of friends quickly when you begin holding parties for direct sales companies so you don't feel like you are over saturating you friends and family. Plus you will come to a dead end. I have done direct sales in the past as a side job and it was a flop and there was not much support. I now do Thirty-One in a overly saturated area but I have not had a problem and trust me it was a huge factor when decided for me but i loved the products so much I had to try. People love the stuff and it sells itself am it's one of the most amazing companies I have ever worked for and I have worked for many Fortune 500 companies. It really depends on you and how you run your business. The best part is making the friends I have made too. I don't feel like I am on my own because the support system is so strong. It's just been a blessing in my life.
I'm sorry for the off topic..I have a ton of Thirty One stuff and generally love it, but I have issues with all the utility tote things holding their shape..they seem to always collapse on themselves and not stay 'puffed out' very well. Any suggestions?
The Wildtree thing sounds neat..I'll look at that..My big problem is I don't really have tons of friends who want to go to or have parties
Old 02-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #22
NYEmomma
DIS Veteran

A couple PPs mentioned it, but I was going to recommend Wildtree or Oragami Owl. Oragami Owl seems to be very new -- at least in our area -- and though I know a couple people that sell Wildtree, none of them are local and it doesn't seem to be something that has a lot of reps in our area, so maybe it's the same for you.

My friend sells Pure Romance and does fantastically well with it! She's gotten a couple cruises for free out of it. She said her upline is kind of crappy & she never had a good mentor, so she really puts herself out there & makes herself available to all her downline people. She's only been selling for about 3 years.

8/82 off-site :: 12/88 off-site :: 2/93 POFQ :: 12/98 off-site :: 10/02 POFQ :: 10/11 POFQ :: 2/15 POR

NYEmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #23
rookie78
Mouseketeer

a friend of mine sells Wildtree products and does very well. I am not sure about how many parties she does though.

2008--Off Site
2010--All Star Movies
2011--Pop Century
2011--Caribbean Beach
2012--Pop Century
rookie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #24
ExPirateShopGirl
My posts are sanitized for your protection!
Oh, sorry. The dog just peed on it.

Becoming a direct sales consultant WILL change your relationships with people. Nearly every company you might end up with will tell you to mine your friends and family members for potential party hosts to help you 'build' your business. You will soon see every contact as a potential sale and believe me, they will sense it. You will be encouraged to recruit new consultants because that's where the money is. Some people WILL avoid you. Nature of the beast.

There are some great products out there, no doubt about it. Anyone who PMs you with information on the company he or she is selling for has a conflict of interest because they hope to encourage you to sign up under him or her. My suggestion to you is find a product you are passionate about; something you would talk up all day long even if you didn't sell their stuff. Then, go to their website. Check the Direct Sellers Association and make sure the company is in good standing. Google them. Google their product reviews. Do research and talk to people who don't have a vested interest in signing you up.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #25
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

I'm not a very outgoing person but have found by doing direct selling it's opened me up and I've made some great friends out of it. I sell Mary Kay. I have an awesome director and National Sales Director I get my training from. My friends and family don't hate me because I didn't push them to host parties for me. I'd ask and if they said no then I moved on and didn't take it personally!! A few did and now I've got a pretty successful customer list. Now to work on recruiting so I can get that car!! I've also been on a couple trips and will say it's great to be treated like royalty when you show up for things that are being hosted by Mary Kay.

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #26
ferrytale
Mouseketeer

I used to sell PartyLite but couldn't get out of my 'circle' and wound up not being profitable b/c I bought so much stuff with the discount.

One company I never see mentioned is Noah's Ark Traveling Stuffed Animal Workshops, I did these parties for a while successfully. It was fun, only took about 1hr per party, lots of company support. Its like Build a Bear but you take the party to them. You know how much $ you are making before going to a party. I only stopped b/c I didn't really have time to focus on it with other things in my life. Good luck
Old 02-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #27
rebeccalizzie
Earning My Ears

I'm considering Wildtree and I think it will work for me. I'm going to just do freezer meal workshops so they aren't the usual "sell stuff" parties. Each guest pays $70 or so upfront and they buy their meats, and they go home with 10 meals to put in their freezer. It sounds like more fun--hang out and drink wine and put together meals--and less like "come and feel forced to buy overpriced stuff". I love to cook and love teaching people new things and hate selling so it is kind of perfect for me.

I don't actually sell yet so I can't have anyone "under" me, so I think I'm probably pretty unbiased right now LOL.
rebeccalizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:27 AM   #28
yupikgal
DIS Veteran

Hi rebeccalizzie, did you ever join WT then? I just did, and received my kit and made a delicious stir fry meal with some of the products they included! If you did join, what are your favorite products/spices/sauces? I can't wait to try more! I plan on doing tastings, and I have a vendor show coming up on Oct. 4. Happy Tastings!

Kelly
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994

yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #29
lauradis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
I'm not a very outgoing person but have found by doing direct selling it's opened me up and I've made some great friends out of it. I sell Mary Kay. I have an awesome director and National Sales Director I get my training from. My friends and family don't hate me because I didn't push them to host parties for me. I'd ask and if they said no then I moved on and didn't take it personally!! A few did and now I've got a pretty successful customer list. Now to work on recruiting so I can get that car!! I've also been on a couple trips and will say it's great to be treated like royalty when you show up for things that are being hosted by Mary Kay.
Mary Kay, party lite are the only 2 reps that I seek out,

When you find a company you can sell make sure you deck out your car with you email and phone number, because thats how I found my present mark kay gal.

love her she has a nice stock in her house and lets me going shopping there.

She only bugs me about once a year to join and sell, must be pink Cadillac time

Good luck getting your Cadillac. Mary Kay is awesome product
lauradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #30
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradis View Post
Mary Kay, party lite are the only 2 reps that I seek out,

When you find a company you can sell make sure you deck out your car with you email and phone number, because thats how I found my present mark kay gal.

love her she has a nice stock in her house and lets me going shopping there.

She only bugs me about once a year to join and sell, must be pink Cadillac time

Good luck getting your Cadillac. Mary Kay is awesome product
Thank you! That is one of the very first things I did. I have my name, phone number and email address on the back window of my van. I've found by having inventory on hand makes it easier to keep customers. Most want it now and don't like to have to wait to get it. I've actually had to slow down a little bit right now due to being pregnant with baby #4. I'm considered high risk so I'm just keeping my current customers happy and not doing much in regards to hosting shows. All my customers know and have been very supportive and a few have even said once the baby is here they want parties again!! I think they just want to see the baby because I'm told to make sure the baby comes with me.

Right now it's Mary Kay's 50th Anniversary so there are a lot of incentives for us to grow our teams. So I wouldn't be surprised if your consultant doesn't start asking in the next couple months or so. It's so nice to hear from others that they like the product enough to actually find a consultant and stick with them.

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: