Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
spgoad
Mouseketeer

Location: In the middle. 1263 miles from WDW, 1337 miles from DLR.

Best area for one night before move on-site

My DW and I are booked on DVC points at Animal Kingdom Lodge for our upcoming trip. After we booked, a much better deal on flights became available than we had booked, so our flight moved our arrival up a day. Because DVC is not really flexible, we need to book a hotel for a one night stay on our arrival night. Our flight arrives late, 9:50pm, so we won't really be doing anything that evening. I'll probably book a room through Hotwire or Priceline and have been looking at areas. Our best options I think are -
  1. MCO Airport Area - Free airport shuttle, use Magical Express the next morning to get to AKL
  2. Downtown Disney Area - Paid airport shuttle, use Disney busses to get to AKL

Anyone have any feedback for a situation like this? Any suggestions of hotel or transportation options to consider?
Our Trips: WDW Jan., 2011 - All Star Music; DLR July, 2011 - Desert Inn; DCL June, 2012 - Dream to Bahamas; WDW Mar., 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; DCL June, 2013 - Wonder to Alaska; DLR Dec., 2013 - Castle Inn; DCL June, 2014 - Fantasy Eastern Caribbean;
spgoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
swilshire
DIS Veteran

There are many nice hotels in the airport area, but they often seem to be full. I'd go that route if you can find one through Priceline. We tried to book Marriott properties in the area and availability was slim.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote