Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #181
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

It all comes down to not being able to please everyone. We all have different personalities, sensitivities, and behaviors. But we all came to this board to get information and discuss our favorite place. Let's try to remember that we all have that in common.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #182
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

[/QUOTE]I call it Cindy's. I also tell my son its my castle and Cindy stole it from me. Got a great laugh when he told Cinderella that. She didn't know what to say. Had us all laughing so hard. Its a great family tradition at our yearly Disney trip. Its something my son will always remember. That makes it special.

So people chill out. The anger on these boards is terrible. Especially because we are talking about the most wonderful place in the world. Yep. I believe in pixie dust and the power of this magical mouse. I wish people who don't would stop trying to ruin it for those of us who do.[/QUOTE]

WOW....please relax. I certainly was NOT trying to steal your pixie dust or anything like that. It was meant purely as a light hearted comment. This whole thread was started to have a little fun, it's not meant to rip anyone's head off. And I assure you, I'm certainly not trying to ruin anything for you.

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal

Last edited by sydneysmom; 02-20-2013 at 09:25 AM.
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #183
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianP1301 View Post
If we tried to alleviate all pet peeves, we should stop posts asking for opinions or info on resorts, weather, attractions, restaurants, room locations, special events, stop chattering in resort info threads and just archive everything and turn the board read only. Did I get that about right?
Lol...lets just delete the whole site be done with it!!

[QUOTE=sydneysmom;47565666]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoedoc View Post

WOW....please relax. I certainly was NOT trying to steal your pixie dust or anything like that. It was meant purely as a light hearted comment. This whole thread was started to have a little fun, it's not meant to rip anyone's head off. And I assure you, I'm certainly not trying to ruin anything for you.
Lol!!

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #184
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
According to this then I've just pee(v)ed myself. At my age these things happen sometimes. Maybe it Depends on whether you are attacking another person's pet peeve, or the idea that it is OK to advocate breaking the rules or doing something blatantly wrong. I would always make an exception when it comes to the latter. I find the term "morality police" derogatory, disrespectful and trollish.
Was just trying to lighten the mood. I hope no offense was taken.

I do think there are some on here who like to tell people what is a "proper" and an "improper" way to act in different circumstances, when it is really up to each of us to decide how we act.

While I won't use the term you find offensive, and I personally have never asked for a "free" upgrade, and always book what I want. I think those who characterize those who do so as "classless" and "tacky" are also being derogatory, disrespectful, and trollish.

I repeat, if someone is advocating breaking a rule, then it should definitely be pointed out.
cjsm&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #185
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsm&d View Post
Was just trying to lighten the mood. I hope no offense was taken.

I do think there are some on here who like to tell people what is a "proper" and an "improper" way to act in different circumstances, when it is really up to each of us to decide how we act.

While I won't use the term you find offensive, and I personally have never asked for a "free" upgrade, and always book what I want. I think those who characterize those who do so as "classless" and "tacky" are also being derogatory, disrespectful, and trollish.

I repeat, if someone is advocating breaking a rule, then it should definitely be pointed out.
No offense taken at all. I had actually put a after my first sentence, but for some reason it wasn't there once I posted. When all is said and done, this is just as message board. If people let things that are said here get under their skin, then it's time to take a step back to gain some perspective.

Changing subject: I have to wonder sometimes about just how sheltered some poster's lives must be who winge about all the mean, evil, nasty people on the Dis. Honestly, this is one of the most polite and carefully controlled sites I've ever been on. You wanna see nasty? PM me and I can give you a couple of fan websites that would make you . (No, don't actually PM me- that was just a figure of speech )
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #186
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
When all is said and done, this is just as message board. If people let things that are said here get under their skin, then it's time to take a step back to gain some perspective.
I for one love this respose!!
Now off to pack for my 6am flight tomorrow morning to SSR!!

~Nannette

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #187
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

I have to agree with previous people that have posted about quoting all the pictures and typing, "great pictures" or quoting a very long post and responding to it.

This may get me in trouble but, I dislike people that don't turn off their CAPS LOCK button. If the post is in caps lock I just go straight to the next post.

But most of all (and I know this has been mentioned), I really dislike when people can't respectfully disagree with a post.
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Off-site 2015, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #188
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

People who post in a color other than black!...especially after a long quote repost!

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #189
bledsoedoc
Mouseketeer

I call it Cindy's. I also tell my son its my castle and Cindy stole it from me. Got a great laugh when he told Cinderella that. She didn't know what to say. Had us all laughing so hard. Its a great family tradition at our yearly Disney trip. Its something my son will always remember. That makes it special.

So people chill out. The anger on these boards is terrible. Especially because we are talking about the most wonderful place in the world. Yep. I believe in pixie dust and the power of this magical mouse. I wish people who don't would stop trying to ruin it for those of us who do.[/QUOTE]

WOW....please relax. I certainly was NOT trying to steal your pixie dust or anything like that. It was meant purely as a light hearted comment. This whole thread was started to have a little fun, it's not meant to rip anyone's head off. And I assure you, I'm certainly not trying to ruin anything for you.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't actually meaning you. Just the disboards in general. People take things personally and it gets so negative and fast. I have to take long breaks because of it. Just look at this thread already. I just don't get it. We are talking about a magical place! " Can't we all just get along?"

As for the start of this thread it is comical. Took my husband and I quite a long time to figure out all the abbreviations. They are not all on the sticky.'
DS Trip #13 April 2014 French Quarters, DS Trip #12 November-December 2013 Wilderness Lodge, DS Trip #11 July 2013 Caribbean Beach, DS Trip #10 December 2012 Polynesian, DS trip #9 October 2012 Day trips from Tampa, DS Trip #8 March 2012 Pop Century and Western Caribbean Cruise on the Magic, DS Trip #7 October 2011 Port Orleans, DS Trip #6 December 2010 Beach Club, DS Trip #5 December 2009 Polynesian, DS Trip #4 June 2009 Boardwalk, DS Trip #3 November 2008 Wilderness Lodge, DS Trip #2 December 2007 Coronado, DS Trip #1 November 2006 French Quarter
bledsoedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #190
Yarna
Wishing I were at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoga View Post
Mine is using the resort specific threads to have personal conversations, if you are looking for information you have to trawl through pages of pointless chatter.
This is why I stopped subscribing to threads. I bet that if you extract all the inane and mindless chatter and unecessary emoticon posts, you could reduce most threads by 80%

My pet peeve is more associated with any thread in any forum and doesn't pertain to disboards exclusively --

It bugs me when the second post in a thread quotes the first post. Really?!? There's only one post ahead of yours. We know what your post refers to. It's not necessary to quote the first post if you're the second post!

October 24-31, 2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
March 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
October 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter
March 2012 - Caribbean Beach
October 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2010 - Coronado Springs
November 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2007 - Carribean Beach

Last edited by Yarna; 02-21-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Yarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #191
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarna View Post
This is why I stopped subscribing to threads. I bet that if you extract all the inane and mindless chatter and unecessary emoticon posts, you could reduce most threads by 80%

My pet peeve is more associated with any thread in any forum and doesn't pertain to disboards exclusively --

It bugs me when the second post in a thread quotes the first post. Really?!? There's only one post ahead of yours. We know what your post refers to. It's not necessary to quote the first post if you're the second post!
That's some Dis "rule". I read about it a while ago - someone is supposed to quote the original post in case the thread gets heated and the original poster goes back to edit, the words are still there. I have seen some responses that is purely a quote of the OP with "the rule" as the only test - there was nothing to offer the poster in the way of advice or even criticism.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #192
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluvsdisney View Post
That's some Dis "rule". I read about it a while ago - someone is supposed to quote the original post in case the thread gets heated and the original poster goes back to edit, the words are still there. I have seen some responses that is purely a quote of the OP with "the rule" as the only test - there was nothing to offer the poster in the way of advice or even criticism.
First rule of the Dis: Quote the OP, just in case.

Second rule of the Dis: Don't forget rule number 1. If the OP is a troll, or if the thread goes postal, or if the OP get's their nose out of joint, you have a copy of the initial post that no one else can edit or remove. (except a mod).
Really comes in handy sometimes.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #193
Hooked On The Mouse
DIS Veteran

Location: Thigh-high in snow half the year, up to the eyeballs in mosquitos the other half

I don't know if this is specific to the resort board, but I really dislike when people refer to Ohana as O'hana's, like it's an Irish pub. Not sure why, but it absolutely grates on me.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #194
samacita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked On The Mouse
I don't know if this is specific to the resort board, but I really dislike when people refer to Ohana as O'hana's, like it's an Irish pub. Not sure why, but it absolutely grates on me.
The Hawaiian word does include an apostrophe, but it is at the beginning of the word: 'ohana. Similar to how the word Hawai'i has an apostrophe when spelled authentically.
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #195
kungaloosh22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked On The Mouse View Post
The one that gets to me is spelling Yacht as Yatch. (Yeah, petty, I know. )
kungaloosh22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: