Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #106
johnnycake
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmanh603

If their example of a "Next Big Thing" was that Fantasyland dud, we are in trouble . For me that was a waste of time, money and space.
I thought the samething, however my wife and 7 year old daughter loved it. Pandora will appeal to me and I am sure DW and DD will not be as excited for it
johnnycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #107
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~"Amazing" plans have been leaked for a "floating omnimover", that could be used for the boat ride!!! The plans have already been removed from google, lol.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #108
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~"Amazing" plans have been leaked for a "floating omnimover", that could be used for the boat ride!!! The plans have already been removed from google, lol.

It is actually a patent and it can be found here:

http://www.google.com/patents/US2013...ed=0CDMQ6AEwAA

The leaked plans for the Avatar expansion shows a ride with individual boats more like Pirates of Small World, so this patent isn't necessarily connect to Avatar. Ride patents pop up quite often fron Disney and just because they have patented the idea it doesn't necessarily mean there are immediate plans to use it an attraction.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #109
starrynightrose
Earning My Ears

Yesterday Disney Parks Blog posted that Mickey and Minnie are moving their M&G to the new Adventurer's Outpost on Discovery Island. First tiny step to Camp Mickey-Minnie going away to make room for Pandora?

1989 - WDW staying Off-Property
1998 - WDW at Summerhill Suites
2000 - Disneyland with my Marching Band for a DL Parade and the Tournament of Roses Parade!
2010 - WDW at Port Orleans Riverside for Food & Wine!
2011 - WDW at Old Key West for BFF Reunion Trip!

starrynightrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #110
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post

The leaked plans for the Avatar expansion shows a ride with individual boats more like Pirates of Small World, so this patent isn't necessarily connect to Avatar. Ride patents pop up quite often fron Disney and just because they have patented the idea it doesn't necessarily mean there are immediate plans to use it an attraction.
Ah technicalities! Let us dream about this for a short while!

It would be a bold and fun move if Avatar land ended up with a Soarin type ride through Pandora and this new floating omnimover. And it was opened by 2017. That would be a step in the right direction and such a huge improvement over the Fantasyland offerings.

Something has to be going in Camp Minnie Mickey - With the Festival of the Lion King and the meet and greets moving. And surely they won't move the current meet and greets to make room for a New Princess Meet and Greet.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #111
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post

~I get that -- but we can dream, right??? Anyway, there is another schematic with two rides that was leaked on here sometime last year -- it's very similar to the boat ride - the pirate ships could be a diversion! And, thanks for finding & posting the link here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynightrose View Post
Yesterday Disney Parks Blog posted that Mickey and Minnie are moving their M&G to the new Adventurer's Outpost on Discovery Island. First tiny step to Camp Mickey-Minnie going away to make room for Pandora?
~Wow! Thanks for the update! I hope so, we'll see.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #112
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

Movie?!

Since there is suppose to be a new Moive 2015-2016, it could be that they are waiting untill some of the graphic art and visuals are avaible from that movie to help in the design of the rides. I think that untill a month or so before they are ready to break ground we might not se or hear anything about the project.

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #113
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Disney only announced moving Mickey and Minnie. They have not announced of the move of anybody else. In fact they specifically said you meet other characters at camp Minnie Mickey it seems the new area will be 4 the wilderness explorers Club as well

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #114
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcBride
Disney only announced moving Mickey and Minnie. They have not announced of the move of anybody else. In fact they specifically said you meet other characters at camp Minnie Mickey it seems the new area will be 4 the wilderness explorers Club as well
Is jambo everyone your site? If so i enjoy it
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #115
johnnycake
Earning My Ears

A few years ago there were plans leaked for a boat type ride that uses dino/DL indy ride tech.
johnnycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #116
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55

Is jambo everyone your site? If so i enjoy it
It is and thank u very much

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #117
JillaMagilla
Learned My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
I still give it about a 25% chance of actually happening
I might pull that number down to 20%. If Disney is looking to really battle Harry Potter, they need to build a fortress using a true film franchise, not a "one hit" wonder that has no franchise history and offers no guarantee of building one (just because another follow up is supposed to be coming doesn't mean -- if it actually happens -- that it will be a success). I know, someone will come back going on and on about how great Cameron is...if so why didn't he start a Titanic franchise...SeaWorld could have done wonders with that....
JillaMagilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #118
JillaMagilla
Learned My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55 View Post
avatar did more in movie gross than all 3 of the star wars prequels combined
apples to oranges comparison, due to two words: ticket inflation. Far more bodies saw the Star Wars prequels than Avatar.

And the below is still the best assessment of the flawed thinking behind Avatarland and why it is doomed:

http://micechat.com/17757-avatar-land-just-say-no/

"Avatar is a movie defined by its technology, where character development takes a backseat. Its protagonists move the plot along in their adventures and yet audiences aren’t moved enough to remember their names. The simplistic story/concept doesn’t offer much to build on for beyond what happens in the movie."

Last edited by JillaMagilla; 02-27-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #119
JillaMagilla
Learned My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55 View Post
what insiders?
i read several disney boards and noone have said it was dead
struggling maybe but not dead
Desperately struggling is the honest assessment. Every Disney forum and blog out there has already documented the cultural void between Cameron and Imagineering. In other words, all the Disney ballyhoo about wonderful visionary collaboration is the only fantasy coming out of this project.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #120
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillaMagilla

apples to oranges comparison, due to two words: ticket inflation. Far more bodies saw the Star Wars prequels than Avatar.

And the below is still the best assessment of the flawed thinking behind Avatarland and why it is doomed:

http://micechat.com/17757-avatar-land-just-say-no/

"Avatar is a movie defined by its technology, where character development takes a backseat. Its protagonists move the plot along in their adventures and yet audiences aren’t moved enough to remember their names. The simplistic story/concept doesn’t offer much to build on for beyond what happens in the movie."
Ticket inflation!?!?! They just came out 10 years ago . Avatar is number 2 all time if you adjust for inflation clearly no one liked lol
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: