Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #31
jacksmom
DIS Veteran

We usually stay in a villa with fridge, micro and toaster! We like frozen waffles with syrup, toast and nuetella, fruit, yogurt, instant oatmeal, cereal and milk, muffins and pastries, bagels and cream cheese, juice and hot chocolate! We drive so I also bring some boiled eggs!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #32
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGirl84 View Post
What a great money saver if your family is satisfied with nearly all-carb breakfasts...plus a time saver!

My family wouldn't go for just cereal/oatmeal/bread/pastry either for breakfast. PB&J on a bagel would be okay for a day or two, but not all week, and I don't think I could convince them to eat string cheese for their protein every day either.

I do like some of the frozen options people have mentioned if you have access to a freezer--however I don't think that the non-DVC Disney rooms really have one other than maybe a little section of the fridge that is a freezer...but I haven't had the best of luck with those things. Tried to put ice cream in there once and it melted all over.

We either stay at a hotel that provides a full breakfast buffet or at a timeshare where we can make our own hot breakfast. Maybe my family is spoiled, but either my husband and I will make eggs and a breakfast meat nearly every morning.
We need protein for an active day as well, but we also are in-room breakfast eaters. Our solution is cured meats. As long as we have a mini-fridge or cooler available to keep them relatively cool, we are fine. We just sort of snack the protein out of hand; eating a ham sandwich or a few pieces of salami on crackers, along with the treat of a muffin or a danish or a bowl of cereal with milk. I'm also a snob re: not-from-concentrate OJ; so I also need some way to keep that cool along with the milk.

Essentially, it isn't necessary to cook in order to get protein in a breakfast; you can do it with a bit of out-of-the-box thinking.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: