Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
ZephyrHawk
I can nicker too, but I'm not nearly as embarrassed about that
Please don't ski with your kid on a leash
I firmly believe in ghostly figments of my imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnierocks View Post
LoL! I can totally relate...we have an extended family trip coming up that I was in charge of planning. Some have never been and others are not planners. I was starting to stress for them, knowing that I would be having this exact conversation when we returned. So...I made a powerpoint and we had a family dessert night. I outlined everything...tips, tricks, good places to eat and a picture of what crowds look like first thing in the morning and what they will look like at 1 pm, when most of them would show up after sleeping in. When they saw the picture, I heard..."Are you serious? There is THAT much of a difference?"
While I did get an eyeroll for the powerpoint, others thanked me and said that they had no idea. Two of them asked me to email the powerpoint so that they could make their own notes. I do know that it was helpful for me. I am no longer stressing about whether or not they will have a good time. They have been informed and warned...so now it is up to them what they will do with it.
Oh my god! A power point! And here I've just been typing up memos. Why didn't I think of this before!

(I am totally serious about this. Especially for my tentative 2015 Grand Gathering.)

Polynesian Village (1983), Polynesian Village (1986), Grand Floridian (1989), All Star Sports (1997), Disneyland (1998), All Star Movies (2000), Port Orleans - French Quarter (2001), All Star Music (2002), Disneyland (2004), Wilderness Lodge (2007), Pop Century (2010), Saratoga Springs (2013), and Disney Land and Sea Extravaganza - Fantasy/Villas at Wilderness Lodge (coming Dec 2015)
ZephyrHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: