Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #2536
jabead
DIS Veteran

One last update for tonight, this one from Incredibleboysmom.

She and her family were at DHS today and had lunch from two different QS locations.

The first was...

Backlot Express

Adult Chicken Breast Nuggets served with French fries

Kids Chicken Nuggets & fries (minus one nugget and a few fries

"Notice the difference in the nuggets between the two? Adults get "real" chicken, but kids get the pressed party type nuggets. Our boys shared both meals and no one seemed to notice."

"DH and I got our lunch from..."

First some display case pics...

"We split this ham sandwich, chips, and chocolate peanut butter cupcake. The sandwich tasted very fresh and had a dijon type mustard that I liked. The cupcake was yummy. The peanut butter filling was pretty dense and thick but tasted great! We had a light lunch because we had a 5 p.m. dinner at Kouzzina."

8 February Game Points + 2 Bonus Points for Starring Rolls sign & display case pics

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 02-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #2537
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Barb I was excited to see the GF Tea update!! It reminds me of your mother/daughter trip that you had a while back. Unfortunately, we didn't squeeze this in this trip but the review made me really regret not trying harder.

Now for the exciting part... YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL BE AT WDW IN MARCH!!! (I know, old news by now but I'm just now getting caught up!) I will definitely look forward to seeing your updates. Darn for my timing being off this time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #2538
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Loved the GF tea update. That looks so fun!! But alas, I travel to WDW with DBF and there's no way I could talk him into this!! LOL
Old 02-20-2013, 05:07 AM   #2539
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

I can see the pictures from home. I've always been able to see them from work before yesterday...boy is it going to be awful if I can't anymore, though I can't begin to think what could have changed it.

Offisite April 1987**Treehouse Villas June 1993**Offsite July 1998**POFQ (DisneyMoon) May 2007**AoA Nemo Suite May 2013

Planning for June or July 2015 at CBR!

Me DH DD6 DD5
Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #2540
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Barb I was excited to see the GF Tea update!! It reminds me of your mother/daughter trip that you had a while back. Unfortunately, we didn't squeeze this in this trip but the review made me really regret not trying harder.

Now for the exciting part... YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL BE AT WDW IN MARCH!!! (I know, old news by now but I'm just now getting caught up!) I will definitely look forward to seeing your updates. Darn for my timing being off this time.

I had two thoughts when I received the Garden View Tea update from Diane. The first was, "YIKES! I completely forgot to make an ADR for that!" Hopefully I can rectify my mistake today. Tried to do it online but nothing is coming up so I'm thinking that it is again an ADR that you have to make by phone. If there is nothing available that week, my DD is going to be very upset with me for falling asleep at the Disney Dining planning wheel.

Anyway, my second thought was, "Hmm...I wonder if Brenda and Emily will be doing tea for two?" Sorry to hear that you're not going to be able to fit it in this time, as it really is a wonderful Mother/Daughter tradition. But Emily's dining schedule looks pretty full for this trip (and outstanding, I might add ), so hopefully next time.

Sorry we are going to miss you by about three weeks this time. But I'm still hoping for a short trip in December for a DISmeet???

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 02-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #2541
jabead
DIS Veteran

I received several updates by email late last night from DaisyluvzGoofy, so I will post a couple of those now and save the rest for tonight.

She said, "On Monday, our plans for lunch at BOG or LTT were scratched when we learned Kelly & Michael were filming in MK on Monday."

"I should have guessed it would be a big deal. So we rode a few Tomorrowland rides and decided to get out of MK around 11. We met up with my parents at DTD and they wanted to go to Sweet Tomatoes. (ICK!) I was bummed but family time is important!"

"After a round of mini golf at Fantasia, which my father won,..."

"...we went back into MK because we had ADR's for the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party. We had "dinner" at Cosmic Rays, and I was not expecting anything phenomenal, but I was very surprised when I tasted my meal. I had the pulled pork sandwich with fries and DH had a bacon cheeseburger also with fries. I had totally forgotten how the condiment bar rocks!!! DH and I shared some nacho cheese, honey mustard, ketchup and grilled onions with our meal and this added greatly to our experience. (Great way to satisfy a cheese fry craving on the cheap! DH said the burger was a bit dry and not hot. Otherwise it was standard. My pulled pork sandwich was great, very filling and came with a ton of french fries! You can see in the pic that the pork was falling out of my basket! YUM!"

2 February Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Points for misc. pics

Old 02-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #2542
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next is DaisyluvzGoofy's update from the...

Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party

She said, "DH and I completely enjoyed the TTDP. We arrived at 8:30 and were the second family in line. They began seating at around 8:55. We had exceptional front row seats and I was the first to the buffet!!"

"First plate is mine: ice tea (Unsweetened) dipped strawberries, chocolate cheesecake, Pistachio creme brulee, key lime tart, regular cheesecake."

"Second plate is DH, he made an Arnold Palmer with the passion fruit lemon aid and ice tea. Brownie, chocolate cheesecake, peanut butter tart, cannoli, cupcake and banana tartlet with some ice cream."

"Third: Pictures of my wonderful strawberries. I had about 5. Best value for the buck! These were the size of the ones they sell in the bakery for $4."

"Fourth plate: DH's: ice cream with sprinkles and cherries, cheesecake, cannolis, apple pie tart and banana tartlet with the passionfruit lemonade.

"My favorite item was the strawberries, and DH's was the chocolate cheesecake. I also had coffee to sip during the fireworks. I think the pre-show was better than the fireworks! The projections were amazing!!"

3 February Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pic of Daisy & Goofy and misc. non-food pics

Old 02-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #2543
nicole0992
I was born on Mickey's birthday!

[QUOTE=jabead;47553905][CENTER]Sadly that was nicole's final update, so it's now time to say...

I loved being a live reporter! We had so much fun. This thread is the best one on the Dis and I am so glad to have been a part of it.

Barb, thanks again for all your hard work!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #2544
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

So many amazing updates!! and with some of the original live posters heading back even more awesome!

And seriously, Dis podcast folks.... THREAD OF THE MONTH PLEASE!

Old 02-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #2545
jabead
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=nicole0992;47566423]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
[CENTER]Sadly that was nicole's final update, so it's now time to say...

I loved being a live reporter! We had so much fun. This thread is the best one on the Dis and I am so glad to have been a part of it.

Barb, thanks again for all your hard work!

Welcome back to our all-time high scorer! With 167 points, you will be very hard to beat. What an awesome job!!!

But I see you from your ticker that you have another trip planned soon. Any chance you would be interested in another gig as a live reporter?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #2546
jabead
DIS Veteran

Time to share with you today's updates, starting with our First Update of the Day sent to us by Incredibleboysmom.

She and her family had dinner last night at...

First a menu pic...

"Bread with two varieties of oil and olives."

"DH had the pomegranate superfruit sangria. This was a lot stronger than the Via Napoli sangria and did not have fruit in it."

"My younger two both had the kids mac and cheese with green beans."

"I had the Kouzzina trio..."

Kouzzina Trio - Tasting size portions of Greek Style Lasagna, char grilled Lamb Burger and Cinnamon stewed Chicken with Orzo

"DH had the Pastitsio (Greek lasagna)..."

Pastitsio - Greek-style Lasagna with Pasta, Cinnamon-stewed Meat sauce and Greek Cheese Bechamel

"My oldest had the Kouzzina trio with the lamb burger for all three..."

"Here's where it got complicated. I tried to get my son to order the Greek lasagna. He would not and asked the waitress for "just a burger". She offered the trio with substitutions (all the toppings on the side) and he went for that. He took his first bite of a burger and made a face. But guess what he loved? That's right, mine and DH's lasagna! We did a lot of swapping and sharing so we were all three happy."

"The lasagna was also my favorite, but I was glad that I had other things to eat too. It was very rich and very heavy. No one but me liked the cinnamon stewed chicken very much. It had a stronger cinnamon taste than the lasagna. I liked it, especially the orzo that it was served with."

Spanakopita - Traditional Phyllo Pie of Spinach, Feta, Leeks and Dill

"We shared this spanakopita and it as relly good. It had feta cheese in it, which I wasn't expecting but went well with the spinach."

Chocolate Budino Cake with raspberry sorbet

"This was dessert heaven for me! The chocolate in the molten filling is very rich. The only problem is that it was a tiny serving. DH, my oldest and I shared this, and we literally got one bite each."

[SIZE="3]"Oldest and youngest sharing the kids make your own ice cream sundae. I'm pretty sure that my oldest ate something off of EVERYONE else. Did I mention he is 13?" [/SIZE]

"My middle son with his Make your own Cupcake. The presentation was very cute and he had a lot of fun with this."

"We enjoyed Kouzzina, maybe DH a little less than me because of the unanticipated trading with my son. This is another place we would like to return to to try more things."

3 February Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and pics of 3 boys, new cocktail, and First Update of the Day

Old 02-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #2547
jabead
DIS Veteran

The next update was sent to us by Diane (pinkxray) and is from her dinner last night at...

First some menu pics...

Diane said, "DSis has been to a few signatures but it was the first time for DD and me."

Zebratini - Captain Morgan Spiced rum, Godiva White Chocolate liqueur, Frangelico, Amarula and a shot of Espresso in a Chocolate Zebra-striped martini glass

"I started with the Zebratini and the Jiko salad."

Jiko Salad - bitter greens, Forelle pears, spicy glazed walnuts, aged goat cheese and citrus vinaigrette

"We both had the Filet and substituted mac 'n cheese."

Kids Cheese Pizza with Tomato Sauce

"DD had the Kids Pizza. She took one bite and then refused to eat it. I tried a piece and thought it was fine but it was a little different than what she is used to."

"Every bite of food was perfect. I wish we had time to go back again."

3 February Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for name pic and menu pics, new cocktail

Last edited by jabead; 02-20-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #2548
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

GF Tea looks so fun! I am planning on doing a mother/daughter trip in a few years with my only little princess, and I think this would be something fun for her and I to do together.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #2549
jabead
DIS Veteran

And now for another update from DaisyluvzGoofy.

She said, "Well, yet again, more changes in the plan! We got to the T&TC and the line to get on the monorail and the boat was almost a half hour so we decided to head into HS instead. SOOO glad we did. It was almost dead there. Road ToT, GMR & RRC 3 times each along with a few others. We were only there from 11-6, so that's pretty good in my mind!"

"So we again are subbing for BOG & LTT, but for: SCI-FI!"

A menu pic...

"DH really wanted to do this on our honeymoon but I veto'd it for 50's, so this was a good choice for us.
I had the American Burger and he had the Build Your Own."

The Famous All American Picnic Burger - Flame-broiled Angus Burger Patty topped with Grilled Hot Dog, and Sauteed Onions, crowned with a Pickle Spear and Sweet Potato Fries

"My American had no sauerkraut and I got sweet potato fries instead and added American cheese. This was AMAZING. I felt like I ate the farm with this one. 2 hot dogs, cooked nicely, and the patty I had medium which gave it a great flavor with the onions and cheese. YUM. I don't want to know how many calories were in that!! HAHA! Oh well.
Calories don't count in WDW right?"

Build-Your-Own Angus Chuck Burger - Flame-broiled Beef Patty with Cheddar cheese and Bacon

"DH's Build Your Own had bacon & cheddar. He asked for a side of their chipotle BBQ and added that as well for a Western type burger. He was very happy!"

"We thought about dessert but were too stuffed!

No snack updates because we knew we had a great dinner ahead of us at our next stop!"

3 February Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and interior pics

Old 02-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #2550
jabead
DIS Veteran

And our last update for tonight is another one from DaisyluvzGoofy.

She said, "Our last meal on Tuesday was at..."

"This was our first ADR for our Honeymoon and a must repeat in our books!
Our friend Brandee who works for a traveling event design company met us for dinner."

Menu pics first...

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Bisque

"Brandee and I had the Tomato Bisque and Grilled Cheese. Soup had chunks of tomato (which normally is not ok in my book) but they were sweet and not bitter at all! Soup had great flavor, and the grilled cheese was awesome! Our server told us that it was just a 6 blend cheese you could probably find in your grocery store, but the spread is what takes it over the edge is some sort of garlic based cheese you can also buy in the fancy cheese section of your grocery store. I'm drawing a blank but when I remember the name of the cheese I'll update! This was the perfect sized meal for still having room for dessert!!"

"DH had the Chicken Caesar Sandwich. He loved the Focaccia bread. It looked awesome, but he didn't offer to share this. It must have been really good. He had a diet coke with vanilla added as well."

"For dessert Brandee had the Banana Split. She really enjoyed it but couldn't finish it. It looked really good."

"I had the No Way Jose. This was my favorite from my honeymoon and no reason not to repeat. Perfect amount of peanut butter and chocolate. So glad it wasn't that fake tasting peanut butter from that cupcake I had Sunday! Sooo Yummy!!"

"DH had the Fudge Mud Slide. He couldn't finish it. (That's saying a lot from my DH. When I had the lap band and didn't eat much, I used to call him my closer, because I could send him in to finish any of my meals. haha! ) He said it was a little too much chocolate for him, but really good."

"Overall it was a great time. We saw 8.. yes 8, Kitchen Sink Sundaes in the 1 1/2 hours we were there!!! There were a lot of families doing this instead of individual sundaes. If you're a group larger than 4, I think this would work for you! What the menu doesn't say is that not only is there 8 scoops of ice cream, every "topping" in the house and a whole can of whipped cream, the "toppings" also include 4 each of their chocolate chip brownies and vanilla short cake!!! So 8 scoops and 8 pieces of cake/brownie!!!! We were going to do that, until we found out about the cake/brownies and knew we wouldn't be able to finish it!"

"That was about 4 1/2 hours ago and I still feel full... and kinda of hyper. haha! Oh well! Epcot tomorrow! My favorite! I've been stressed because of some stuff going on back home in CA, so i'm really looking forward to drinking around the world tomorrow. I'll update when we get back home tomorrow night unless I figure out picture messaging on my "dumb" phone. G'nite Barb & DisBoard friends!!!"

3 February Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu pics, and interior pic

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: