Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #361
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunless View Post
If anyone is interested, we are doing a couple of food tours in Barcelona after the return. The more people in your group, the less per person. PM me if you'd like information.

Tapas tour the night of August 5th
Outer tour (countryside with visits to several local producers) the day of August 6th
Won't we be at sea on Aug 5th?
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mom_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #362
Bunless
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_rules

Won't we be at sea on Aug 5th?
Yes, thank you! Put it down on the wrong days on my calendar. 6th and 7th

December '06 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
Fall '07 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1617056
February '08 Wilderness Lodge http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
January '09 Disneyland http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2075224
February/March '09 Grand Californian http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134228
October 2009 Grand Californian, January 2010 Eastern Caribbean/Vero Beach, February 2011 Old Key West, October 2011 Food and Wine/Old Key West, February 2012 Aulani, July 2012 Alaska Cruise,
December 2012 Saratoga Springs, February 2013, Saratoga Springs, July 2013 Mediterranean Cruise
Bunless is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #363
pixie3
Mouseketeer
My nick name in high school was Boof!!!
I'm sure this isn't gonna go over well, but I'd like a banana clip

Okay, I've gone through everything!

Thank you for all of the welcomes!

I have not done ANYTHING booking or otherwise for this cruise yet. I've been working on our spring break trip and hope to finish those plans soon so I can move on!!!

Anyway...on to FE!!!!

For those who don't know what FE is I offer you this:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...81&postcount=2

So...I think the easiest way for me to do this is to have you PM me the following information if you want to join in:

Board Name
First name of family members
Ages of children
Whether the child is a DS or a DD
Cabin Number (if you have it)

By PMing me, I will have all of the info in one place.

My plan is to create a spread sheet once the first wave of information comes in and then possibly attach a link to the front where the roll call is being kept! The spread sheet will be in order of room numbers (by floor) rather than alphabetical order. I think this helps when delivering FE!! If you don't have your room number yet.....NO WORRIES!!!

For now, let's see what we get and then we will go from there.

I always like to stress this one thing. DO NOT feel pressured to spend a lot of money, time or space. Even the simplest things such as Hershey Kisses give people joy. I know my kids love coming back to the room and just having something in their FE.

I don't think I missed anything. I will keep in touch!!

Yipeeeee!

NEW INFO 4/15:

* The FE list is now a link in my signature. Let me know if you have problems viewing or if I have made an error.
* If you have a special occasion occuring on the cruise (anniv. or b-day), you can give me that information as well.
* A cut off date will be set, but has not been determined as of yet. It will probably be in June.

UPDATE 5/21

FE UPDATE:

The cut-off deadline for FE will be JUNE 8, 2013! This gives people time to either order their FE or start making their FE. This means that JUNE 8, 2013 will be the last day that you can sign up to be a part of FE. Inevitably, someone will ask to join after that date. My usual response is: "You could join, but understand that you may not receive much in return (if anything). A lot of times people DO have extras, but NOTHING can be promised for you." Anyway.....we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Cabin Numbers:
You may not have a cabin number as of yet. I have a handful that do not have them. You may receive your cabin number before our cruise (if so, get it to me asap), or you may not receive your cabin number before our cruise. You may have a cabin number today, but it may be changed. I will do my best to update before the cruise. I am not sure what kind of wi-fi I will get once I am in route. The wi-fi on the cruise is sometimes not the best. The best way for me to announce cabin changes on the cruise is on my cabin door. I will have a dry erase board with all cabin changes, etc. Please swing by my room and feel free to write your information on my board. There will also be pen and paper to leave me a note.

6/4 NEW INFORMATION:

NEW INFORMATION:

I wanted to mention that rather than have gifts distributed all on the first day, you might want to consider giving your gift on other days of the cruise. Some gifts are "for" the cruise and should be delivered on the first or second day. However, some gifts such as: keychain from your state, candy bar, etc. are gifts that "could" be delivered throughout the cruise. It is nice to find gifts throughout the cruise. This by no means is this mandatory. It is all up to the individual as to when you deliver gifts. I just like to always throw that out there as a suggestion!

6/6 NEW INFORMATION:

One other thing. This has been a problem in the past so I want to pass this information on. People have become so fond of our Fish Extenders that they bring their own, for their own use IE: mail, notes etc. Don't assume that if you see a fish extender that it is a fish extender on our list. You WILL run out of your fish gifts before you are finished with your rounds.

6/9 FE IS NOW CLOSED.

7/19 FE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Thank you to JKK who pointed out that my own room number was wrong. I am in 6606.

I am not leaving until Tuesday. I will keep updating on here until then. All cabin changes and a list of disboard names w/room numbers (not names,etc.) will be posted on my cabin door at 6606!!! I will also have extra copies of the entire list, which you can request by dialing my room and I will deliver it to yours. If your room changes please write the new information on my door. If you are delivering FE and can not find someone, chances are their room has changed and their new information will be on my door.

Also, in case you missed it, NewFamilyMan's room changed to 2148.

Safe travels everyone!!!
12/01 NYE Cruise Magic, 3/04 Magic, 8/05 Magic, 3/06 Magic, 5/07 1st Transatlantic Magic, 5/08 Panama Canal Magic, 3/9 Magic, 11/09 Wonder, 6/10 1st Baltic Sea Magic, 1/11 Maiden Voyage Dream, 6/11 Alaska, 7/12 Fantasy, 7/13 Magic Europe w/Venice, 7/14 Magic Greece w/Santorini, 6/15 Norwegian Fjords

Last edited by pixie3; 07-19-2013 at 09:07 AM.
pixie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #364
Jasrhon
Earning My Ears

thestewarts,

I received your PM but I can't reply to it directly because I have not posted enough. Once I have enough posts I will reply with more details. My DD is looking forward to meeting everyone.
Jasrhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #365
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on when they might show excursions for Dubrovnik and Venice?
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mom_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #366
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_rules View Post
Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on when they might show excursions for Dubrovnik and Venice?
I guess any day soon as the first cruise's PIF date must be imminent?

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #367
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
I guess any day soon as the first cruise's PIF date must be imminent?

Celestine
They're out now! Kelly.
Kellycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #368
pixie3
Mouseketeer
My nick name in high school was Boof!!!
I'm sure this isn't gonna go over well, but I'd like a banana clip

I think the Baltic Sea Cruise spoiled me. I was kind of hoping for a ball at the Doge's Palace.
12/01 NYE Cruise Magic, 3/04 Magic, 8/05 Magic, 3/06 Magic, 5/07 1st Transatlantic Magic, 5/08 Panama Canal Magic, 3/9 Magic, 11/09 Wonder, 6/10 1st Baltic Sea Magic, 1/11 Maiden Voyage Dream, 6/11 Alaska, 7/12 Fantasy, 7/13 Magic Europe w/Venice, 7/14 Magic Greece w/Santorini, 6/15 Norwegian Fjords
pixie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #369
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

Doge palace

I found this on the doge's web page. I thought I'd pass it along.

SPECIAL OPENINGS OF THE DOGE’S PALACE

It’s possibile to visit the Doge’s Palace after the closing time, sending a request at least 5 working days before the desired data, to verify the availability for an extraordinary opening of the museum.

Conditions and costs: purchase of at least 15 tickets of 55,00 euros
Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #370
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

App for Doge's Palace

I also found this. I haven't checked it out yet, so I can't rate it.

The FREE APP for iPhone and Android about the Secrets of the Doge’s Palace of Venice

Formerly the Doge’s residence and seat of the Republic of Venice, the Doge’s Palace is the very symbol of the city. Once in Venice, a site not to be missed, now you can also enjoy the Doge’s Palace App to discover more about the Palace and its secrets!

This application is not only a unique companion for planning your visit through the rooms of the Doge’s Palace, but also the perfect tool to learn more about the Masterpieces, like the Paradise of Tintoretto, or learn about the function of the carved Lion’s mouths on the walls, and much more…

The App will guide you in an unexpected way into the rooms of the Doge’s Palace, enriching your visit experience with unheard information and unusual tips.

You can find the “Secrets’s of the Doge’s Palace” App on iTunes and in the Android Market!

At the moment, this application is available only in English language.

DOWNLOAD for Free the Doge’s Palace App via iTUNES >>>

DOWNLOAD for Free the Doge’s Palace App via ANDROID MARKET >>>

Watch the preview of the APP:
Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #371
pjc4925
Earning My Ears

Anybody thinking on getting a group together to go through Doge's Palace like KellyCanada has posted. I think my family of four would be in.

Paul
pjc4925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #372
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjc4925 View Post
Anybody thinking on getting a group together to go through Doge's Palace like KellyCanada has posted. I think my family of four would be in.

Paul
I emailed the palace to see if there were discounts for kids if 15 adults bought tickets. I'll post their response. Kelly.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #373
pjc4925
Earning My Ears

Vatican Museum

Looks like Disney may have caught the crowded Vatican Museum scenario. All port excursions which include the Vatican Museum are not available on our cruise. I don't remeber seeing that bold fine print earlier.
Paul
Old 02-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #374
pjc4925
Earning My Ears

Vatican Museum part II

I stand corrected... there are a couple "Selected Sailings" trips to the Vatican Museum and ours is one of two listed sailings. Disney may have some pull in negotiating the crowds
Old 02-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #375
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellycanada View Post
I emailed the palace to see if there were discounts for kids if 15 adults bought tickets. I'll post their response. Kelly.
Hi Kelly

We might be interested depending on the details.
thestewarts is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: