Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
pinksand
Mouseketeer

Transportation app?

Is there an app for getting around WDW (using the Disney system)? For people not renting a car, in other words.

Something where I can tell it where I am (Boardwalk Inn for example) and where I want to go (Blizzard Beach or MK or Animal Kingdom Lodge) and it will tell you what transportation mode you need (Bus/Boat/Monorail, etc.). This would be supremely useful - I'm always so afraid of being somewhere and not being sure how to get back to my hotel!
My Stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite

pinksand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
Kristineamb
Disney Diva & Pop Tart

Thumbs up

What a great idea!

Kristineamb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

You should recieve an information booklet when you check in and there is a page in the booklet that will help you out.

Also look here for an app

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/iphone/WDWTWizApp.aspx

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly F - Ohio View Post
However, the directions given on that site are not all up to date, and they do not allow for wait time in giving the time estimates.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Thanks Joel. Took the words right out of my mouth. OLP transportation wizard has some good info. BUT...all of it is not current. So, if you want to get an idea, then sure, go there and see what your options are.
In all reality? Posters are really better off coming here and asking their questions prior to going to WDW.

You will find that once you get to WDW, you will see how easy the transportation system is. Everything is very well marked. Even my directionally challenged dh can find his way around on his own!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #6
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Thanks Joel. Took the words right out of my mouth. OLP transportation wizard has some good info. BUT...all of it is not current. So, if you want to get an idea, then sure, go there and see what your options are.
In all reality? Posters are really better off coming here and asking their questions prior to going to WDW.

You will find that once you get to WDW, you will see how easy the transportation system is. Everything is very well marked. Even my directionally challenged dh can find his way around on his own!!!
I have no idea if the transportation app has the same errors contained on their website "wizard".

Get a good Idea? See what your options are? I just checked. The wizard still shows a direct bus from CSR to Boardwalk. That bus has been gone for about 15 years. Direct bus from WL to TTC.

Years ago I communicated with OLP. Told them of the errors. I was told they'd fix them. Years later a DIS member did the same thing. Same response.

The wizard is updated. The name was updated to DHS. New resorts, including AoA were added. None of the bad information was removed. I can only assume the person responsible for that wizard is a sadistic person who derives pleasure from giving bad information.

edited to add: If you know enough about Disney transportation to pick up the errors in the wizard you don't need the wizard.

Last edited by Lewisc; 02-20-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: