Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #916
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I didn't see the dump shop for LM either, but I'm sure it's being put in soon!
What would a new ride be without a dumb shop? I mean, really......

Quote:
I'm glad you (Cynthia) got to see the opening ceremony! It's pretty cute!
I'm glad she got to see it as well and I enjoyed looking at her pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love seeing the new FL in the daylight. I only got to go back at night and it looks so different in actual light.
Totally different in the day light. To me it's a very peaceful area. Actually a great area for both day and night!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #917
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Ariel does have a meet and greet in her Grotto - it's a little past the ride. We were able to meet her in her mermaid state. There still needs to be a dump shop though!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #918
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ariel does have a meet and greet in her Grotto - it's a little past the ride. We were able to meet her in her mermaid state. There still needs to be a dump shop though!
That sounds cool. In her mermaid state? How did they prop her up? Wait - is that a dumb question? Should I already know the answer?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 02-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #919
GoofyFan1515
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Now while Mary Ellen got up and went for a run, I decided to start my day the way well, the way I start most days on vacation.

With coffee on the verandah!

So THAT'S where "Coffee on the Verandah" that so may people joke about comes from!!! Who knew it actually involved real coffee????

Wilderness Lodge looks like a really great resort. Love the elevated walkway through the, uh, wilderness!!! And even though I know it is rather close to MK, it looks really peaceful and relaxing.

So glad you got to see the Opening show at MK! It looks like a lot of fun! And of course, SM has to be the first ride of the day! I'm with you on that one! Nice they provided you with those motorized cars for taking that back road.........oh wait!

Great job on figuring out you would get to tour the New Fantasyland soon instead of just giving up! And a great get on trying LTT and getting that last minute ADR! You got some really great pictures during the "dress rehearsal" too!

for a very busy and productive morning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What would a new ride be without a dumb shop? I mean, really......
That might actually be a better name for it!!!
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #920
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That sounds cool. In her mermaid state? How did they prop her up? Wait - is that a dumb question? Should I already know the answer?
Do you remember her old Grotto - She's sort of sitting on a rock-like thing. I probably have pictures somewhere. I bet it's even on our photopass!

No comment on the dumb question.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #921
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
So THAT'S where "Coffee on the Verandah" that so may people joke about comes from!!! Who knew it actually involved real coffee????
Of course it involves actual coffee. We are both addicts.

Quote:
Wilderness Lodge looks like a really great resort. Love the elevated walkway through the, uh, wilderness!!! And even though I know it is rather close to MK, it looks really peaceful and relaxing.
It's a great resort. Architecturally I think its the best designed resort. Very nicely done.

Quote:
So glad you got to see the Opening show at MK! It looks like a lot of fun! And of course, SM has to be the first ride of the day! I'm with you on that one! Nice they provided you with those motorized cars for taking that back road.........oh wait!
I'm glad Cynthia got to see it, too. It's a great show.

Quote:
Great job on figuring out you would get to tour the New Fantasyland soon instead of just giving up! And a great get on trying LTT and getting that last minute ADR! You got some really great pictures during the "dress rehearsal" too!
We pretty much lucked out all the way around. Made for a good morning.

Quote:

Quote:
That might actually be a better name for it!!!
subliminal slip, obviously.....

Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #922
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Not my fault if SOME people try to imply otherwise.

Quote:
It's close, and away all at the same time. Very serene. The walkway is just lovely. We did a family photo shoot there once and they are some of my favorite pictures ever.

Quote:
SM first is a requirement. The only time we've not ridden it first is if we weren't there early and then still, it was the first FP of the day.

Quote:

It was a productive morning! It would have been interesting to see if walking up right at lunch opening would have yielded the same results.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #923
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Pretty good morning at MK.

Cynthia - so glad you finally caught the opening show.

That back path is a nice little short cut.

Good for being persistent about NFL. It paid off.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #924
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Coffee anywhere suits me just fine !!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #925
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you remember her old Grotto - She's sort of sitting on a rock-like thing. I probably have pictures somewhere. I bet it's even on our photopass!

No comment on the dumb question.
See - it was a dumb question - but I honestly never posed with ARiel so I didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Pretty good morning at MK.

Cynthia - so glad you finally caught the opening show.
I think we had a great morning in MK. Reasonable crowds and picture perfect weather!

Quote:
I love that path - SO cute!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Coffee anywhere suits me just fine !!!!!

Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #926
amazingact21
Upendi

Congratulations to Nick! Now he has the fun task of deciding which college he wants to attend. I'm sure wherever he chooses he'll do well.

Sounds like a really successful MK morning. It's great that you were able to see the new Fantasyland. I agree with you on the Little Mermaid, they did take all the good things about Nemo and improved them tenfold. Seeing your pictures made me realize all the little details I missed when I went on it, though. Makes me wanna go back through the queue and try to spot some new ones!

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #927
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Honestly, Civil would be my pick. I have always been fascinated with roads and bridges. But clearly my son does not share that love. He knew he didn't want chemical because that's what Denny does and all he sees is the paperwork associated with it.
I could probably discourage him from civil as well. Working for the DOT is not exactly rainbows and unicorns!

Quote:
Thanks! Hey, isn't that where you got engaged?

Quote:
OK - your totally lost me with that comment!
Yeah, we made the room a whole lot nerdier.

Quote:
Am I going to have to separate you two?
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #928
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I could probably discourage him from civil as well. Working for the DOT is not exactly rainbows and unicorns!
We have several civils at my firm. If he is interested in the forensic side at all we have the hardest time finding electrical and metallurgical/materials. I'd put structural next, then mechanical, civil, chemical and ceramic.

It's kind of interesting because in some ways (the civil end) is bread and butter business, it is also not the larger projects so not necessarily where we look to grow. At least on the failure analysis forensic side of things. Our demand for new hires is much higher in other areas and I don't know if that's truly due to a scarcity of good folks in that area or that there are just more civils, proportionally out there. There is so much variety on the mechanical side we do have a strong need to grow in that area so it seems pretty solid as well. Where we are not hiring is...civil. I swear it took us over a year to find the right electrical. Granted, our work is a bit different and as such what we look for in an engineer is as well but it is a snapshot of the industry at least on our end of the business.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #929
GoofyFan1515
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It's a great resort. Architecturally I think its the best designed resort. Very nicely done.
Been there a few times to visit and eat, but never stayed there. I agree it has a lot of eye appeal!!!

Quote:
subliminal slip, obviously.....
Obviously.......

Quote:
That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Not my fault if SOME people try to imply otherwise.
Bunch of wiseguys and troublemakers..........

Quote:
It's close, and away all at the same time. Very serene. The walkway is just lovely. We did a family photo shoot there once and they are some of my favorite pictures ever.
Oh yes, great place for a photo shoot!!!

Quote:
SM first is a requirement. The only time we've not ridden it first is if we weren't there early and then still, it was the first FP of the day.
Solid reasoning, that!

Quote:
Have to agree!!

Quote:
NFL........

Quote:
Thought that was the slogan on the Delaware license plates???

Quote:
Yeah, we made the room a whole lot nerdier.

Quote:
I doubt separating us would help any..........
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #930
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
We have several civils at my firm. If he is interested in the forensic side at all we have the hardest time finding electrical and metallurgical/materials. I'd put structural next, then mechanical, civil, chemical and ceramic.

It's kind of interesting because in some ways (the civil end) is bread and butter business, it is also not the larger projects so not necessarily where we look to grow. At least on the failure analysis forensic side of things. Our demand for new hires is much higher in other areas and I don't know if that's truly due to a scarcity of good folks in that area or that there are just more civils, proportionally out there. There is so much variety on the mechanical side we do have a strong need to grow in that area so it seems pretty solid as well. Where we are not hiring is...civil. I swear it took us over a year to find the right electrical. Granted, our work is a bit different and as such what we look for in an engineer is as well but it is a snapshot of the industry at least on our end of the business.
A lot of states are cash-strapped right now and aren't putting a lot of infrastructure projects out there. Long-term, though, there will always be a need for civil-type projects and thus for civil engineers. It may not be glamorous, but the need is always there.

Quote:
Thought that was the slogan on the Delaware license plates???
Of course not. Our state motto is:

Delaware...so close to where you'd rather be.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: