Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #31
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillauFr View Post
The problem is that they have sold more than a million AP. They don't charge nearly enough for the Premium APs. The price should be closer to $2,500 year. They should also sell a pass for $49 that lets you go on the 50 least busy days of the year.
So, just to confirm your business model...

A one-day, one-park ticket currently costs $87 to go to either park for ONE day, but you would like to see a pass that gives access for 50 days for $49?? And you would like to increase the price of Premium AP's from $649 to $2,500, an almost 4-fold increase? Yikes, and I got priced out this year when it went from $499 to $649!
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #32
Pinup Mommy
Making everyday a Dapper Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyring
I say raise the prices! I'd rather pay more and have fewer people in my way. Let's start by weeding out the SoCal AP!

Also, I don't think you're really paying 25 bucks for "a sandwich". If a sandwich is all you need, go to Subway.

That said, we're not planning to take our nieces to BB because there are plenty of other places they'll enjoy more (character meals).
I completely agree on getting rid of the SoCal AP, or possibly removing the payment plan option.

25 dollars is pricey for the sandwich but it is worth the experience of BB. If you are looking for a tasty sandwich though Earl do Sandwich is a good alternative. I also found dining at Steakhouse 55 or Napa Rose is very fair. You get fine dining at a very competitive price.

DL local since 1980 ~ WDW 1986 ~ WDW 2000 Disney Contempary ~ WDW 2005 Disney Polynesian ~ AP holder since 2009 ~ DL's MNSSHP 2011&2012 ~ DCL Wonder 2012 Halloween Cruise

Pinup Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #33
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillauFr
...They need to do something balance supply and demand with the goal of having an equal number of people at the parks every day of the year.
Whose goal is this? Certainly not Disney's.

There is a reason park hours are shorter at some points of the year.
There is a reason staffing is less during certain times of the year.
There is a reason for doing refurbs during certain times of the year.

Having an equal number of people in the Park everyday is not Disbey's goal, unless you mean o max the Park to full attendance every single day for maximum profits.

Quote:
They should also start charging APers a surcharge of $75 to go on busy days....
Well, if you do not have a Premium or Premier pass, they do. It's called a blockout pass and (I think) it's $60. The two I mentioned pay to have unlimited access everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyring
Let's start by weeding out the SoCal AP!
Oy vey. Here we go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey
Wow...Walt's speaking from his grave again. Maybe someday he will talk to me.
Ahahahahaha! I think you owe me a new keyboard from the water!

- Dreams

Last edited by Disney Dreams; 02-19-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #34
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams

Well, if you do not have a Premium or Premier pass, they do. It's called a blockout pass and (I think) it's $60. The two I mentioned pay to have unlimited access everyday.
$70 now actually, so the PP's business plan is not too far off :-P
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #35
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The problem is that they have sold more than a million AP. They don't charge nearly enough for the Premium APs. The price should be closer to $2,500 year. They should also sell a pass for $49 that lets you go on the 50 least busy days of the year.
You do that though and they are no longer the least busy days of the year.

Upcoming: Oct 16-19 (DLH); Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12

DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #36
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyjane View Post
$70 now actually, so the PP's business plan is not too far off :-P
I forgot it went up again. Thanks for the correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJamieCA View Post
Oh the irony.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:11 AM   #37
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJamieCA View Post
Exactly.
MillauFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #38
Sjg
Earning My Ears

I hope it was a good sandwich at that price!!
Sjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:44 AM   #39
Djibouti
Earning My Ears

The Monte Cristo is totally delicious and worth it. The sides that come with it are also yummy AND you get soup or salad (awesome salad) with it. It's so much food and great ambiance. If you can fit it into a Disney budget you have to do it at least once!

Side note... what's with the hating on the SoCal AP's??

* 1986 Disneyland * 1987 Disneyland * 1988 Disneyland * 1989 Disneyland * 1990 Disneyland * 1991 Disneyland * 2001 Disneyland- Grad Night * 2003 Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel * 2004 Disneyland- Portofino Inn & Suites * 2005 Disneyland- Grad Night (this time as a chaperone) * 2007 Disneyland- Anabella * 2008 Disneyland- Hotel Menage' * Jan 2009 Disneyland- Lemon Tree Inn and Suites * Sept 2009 Hotel Menage'* Jan 2010 Lemon Tree Inn* March 2010 Hotel Menage'* Sept 2010 Motel 6*
Djibouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:56 AM   #40
tdhickey
DIS Veteran

This sandwich is guaranteed to taste 2.5x better than the one at your local brewpub...hence the 2.5x the price!

Plus your local brew pub won't refill your drinks and water every min or two, sit you by the water, throw in the best tasting gumbo on the planet, and overall have a unique atmosphere like no other.

Besides the 4 year old won't see prices, just eating at the Pirate Ride will be cool!!!!
tdhickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #41
danlkrim
Mouseketeer

Loved it Tuesday

I along with DH and DS7 had lunch at Blue Bayou Tuesday. due to the unique setting of BB this is the only table service meal of our 5 park days. We arrived at 11:00 to check in early for our 11:30 res and had a nice waterside table as requested. We ordered the Monte Christo and did the split plate for the extra $12 so that effectively made each plate $18. It was completely worth it and was more than enough food for the each of us. The gumbo was delicious. We have Cajun food regularly at a local restaurant where the chef grew up cooking in Louisiana and then went to French cooking school. BB gumbo was just as good. The sandwich was delicious and a treat. The potatoes were fabulous. Never had any quite like that before. DS had the child's grilled chicken and it was good. We also ordered a punch drink for the light pirate thing attached to the straw. DH wanted it. The bill was about $65plus tip. Was it expensive for lunch? Yes but it was our only big meal for the day. We had breakfast in the room and Jack in the Box for dinner. For us it was worth it for the experience and the meal was delicious. Would I do it every time? Maybe since my experience was very good. I just planned for this one splurge meal and did other things liking eating stuff in the room to save money.
Walt Disney World Feb 2012
Disneyland and California Adventure Feb 2013
WDW Nov 2013, Jan, Feb, April 2014,
danlkrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #42
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califgirl View Post
You can get "Cristo Nuggets" at the STage Door Cafe, at the Mint Julep window (I believe) and back at the Thunder Mountain Ranch area (not the BBQ). It is the same Monte Cristo taste in small easy to enjoy nuggets. They even come with the Jelly. That's about all of a Monte Cristo I can handle anymore, and I usually share the nuggets, too. I know it's not eating in the BB. But it is the Monte Cristo, just in bite sized form.
Cristo Nuggets?? Holy cow how did I not know about this...sounds much more manageable..Thanks!
And as far as Disney being expensive, I have said often that I think it's a bargain. When you look at all you have surrounding you and all the activities and shows you get for the price of admission, for what can be 13+ hours of experiences, I think it is a true value. Some food is pricey but have you eaten anything at another theme park or fair? Have you wanted to buy a bottle of water at a concert? At Disney you can bring in food and drink and get free ice water. You don't have to spend a dime after walking through the turnstiles. A true bargain

Last edited by nunzia; 02-20-2013 at 12:18 PM.
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #43
Mr Snappy
Kansas DisneyLand Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameGirl View Post
As much as people like to conveniently forget it, Disney is still a business, not a charity. They charge $25 at Blue Bayou for a Monte Cristo because people will *pay* $25 for it. Disney is there to turn a profit. They will continue to raise prices until they reach a saturation point, and people will continue to fork over their hard-earned cash.
100% correct.
I am sometimes amazed at how people don't get this.
We don't have to like it, but it is reality.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #44
DaveNinja
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflare View Post
I think they were only offered during the Golden Horseshoe Revue Limited Time Magic. I've heard rumors that they're gone now.
The Stage Door Cafe and Mint Julep Bar did not have the Cristo Nuggets the second weekend of Feb. I assume they havent returned yet
Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #45
CaptainEIEIO
Even if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice!

We eat at the Blue Bayou once during every visit. Ya, its expensive, but we know its going to be and besides we look at it as our splurge dinner that we always have so we save up for it. If your going to eat in the parks then its going to be more expensive than eating outside of the parks. Thats just the way it is and its just the way it has always been, no matter if it Disney, 6 flags, Universal Studios, or any other park.
I cant even begin to count the times I was constantly at Disneyland since my first visit in 1962, then I moved to Alaska in 1969 and lost contact until....DL 1982, DL 1985, DL 1988, DL 1990, DL 1994, DL 1997, DL 1999 , DL 2004, DL 2005, DL 2007, WDW 2009 (Pop), DL 2012, WDW 2013 (Pop).
Me DW
CaptainEIEIO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: