Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #91
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

Snacks

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/...2013WDW%20CSR%
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #92
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

Snacks

SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #93
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

That's good for me for breakfast

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #94
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

We were on DDP and used the lounge a lot. The breakfast was a great addition in the morning and after buying something to eat and maybe a milk or juice it's about $10 each anyways. For the CM discount, it was about $22 extra a day (for 2 adults).

The snacks at night, if we were heading to a park and would be out late, we would take snacks back to the room before we left to have them upon returning and if we were out we were back before 10. Any drinks we just put them in the fridge. The CMs can help you with plastic plates or bowls if you want to take things back with you. They were all very friendly and loved hearing about how your day went/is going.

I would suggest it for anyone!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #95
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyD View Post
I would love to see a pic of the offerings here. I have no intention of staying here but would like to see how it compares to the Poly CL for snacks. The Poly had goldfish and gummy worms as their snack in the afternoon and that was it. LOL It was the most pathetic concierge we have ever stayed at. I was just curious as it seems the CRS business snacks may pretty much equal the Poly and cost very little. It sounds like a great little bennie for little cost.
It's not meant to be comparable to club level. Business class provides a few minor perks for a few extra dollars it seems. That is a pretty pathetic spread that Poly laid out, but I wouldn't expect the normal type of CL spread here.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #96
Wcpedorc
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry, but how much extra per day is this? I usually stay offsite, but have a chance to stay there for a conference in September, and if its a good deal I may try to add this
Wcpedorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #97
jennabcassell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyD View Post
I would love to see a pic of the offerings here. I have no intention of staying here but would like to see how it compares to the Poly CL for snacks. The Poly had goldfish and gummy worms as their snack in the afternoon and that was it. LOL It was the most pathetic concierge we have ever stayed at. I was just curious as it seems the CRS business snacks may pretty much equal the Poly and cost very little. It sounds like a great little bennie for little cost.
You know the WL had the same snacks set out at their CL as well. I think it was because most people are out at the parks in the afternoon, but I still thought they should of had more to offer as compared to what they had for breakfast and dinner options. Maybe some sandwich fixings and bread at least??

jennabcassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #98
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcpedorc View Post
I'm sorry, but how much extra per day is this? I usually stay offsite, but have a chance to stay there for a conference in September, and if its a good deal I may try to add this
I got the pass holder rate over spring/Easter break. I am paying less than $40 a night for this compared to regular room. If I have 2 glasses of wine and breakfast for myself and my daughter I break even. The sangria's at CSR are the best on property. Night it is only open 5-10 but since the same offerings you can hit it at 5p and head out for night or come back from parks early and catch it at end of day. At Deluxe the appetizers only out 5-7p. Also we are light eaters so fruit n cheese IS a meal for us).

Extra perk is the building location. 9b is right in between feature pool and main building with check-in/food/ shops etc.Also 9b is adjacent to beach area with hammocks and Cabana pool. I am really looking forward to trying it. If you haven't seen pics or video yet, check it out. Also look at a map for 9b location. I would recommend this for a change of pace.

Hope that helps!
CS is my favorite moderate! I have stayed there 5 times and am looking forward to this perk.
Trisha
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #99
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
If I have 2 glasses of wine and breakfast for myself and my daughter I break even.
This is what I am struggling with. We don't drink much alcohol but we want to use this for breakfasts. But since breakfast has such limited options such as pastries and fruit, I'm thinking we'd be sick of it after a day or two and i might be pointless

decisions decisions
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #100
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
This is what I am struggling with. We don't drink much alcohol but we want to use this for breakfasts. But since breakfast has such limited options such as pastries and fruit, I'm thinking we'd be sick of it after a day or two and i might be pointless

decisions decisions

Only you can decide! My kids like the fanci-ness of getting free water , drinks and snacks in a special room. If that doesn't make you do "the happy dance" then you know it is not for you.

Find what makes you happy and do that and have a great time.
Trisha
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #101
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

The breakfast is what sold me on it!!!

medhdd7ds16 dd19

http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
tcherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #102
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina

decisions decisions
I don't drink alcohol at all. But for me, besides the muffins or cereal for breakfast, the couple hundred more dollars was worth it for having a prime area at CSR.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #103
MommytoCaitlyn
Mouseketeer

I don't get what's so "prime" about this location. In my opinion, you're closest to the last bus pickup stop for the parks so you may have to stand on the bus if the bus isn't already full and has left for the park before even hitting the El Centro stop. I'd love some insight on this if I'm thinking something wrong about it.

MommytoCaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #104
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I don't drink alcohol at all. But for me, besides the muffins or cereal for breakfast, the couple hundred more dollars was worth it for having a prime area at CSR.
That's what sold me too. At the other mods you can pay ~$20 more per night to have the best location, but at CSR the preferred rooms really aren't ideal for families because they are close to the convention center rather than the feature pool. So in my mind the location accounts for the a good share of the upgrade cost.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #105
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoCaitlyn View Post
I don't get what's so "prime" about this location. In my opinion, you're closest to the last bus pickup stop for the parks so you may have to stand on the bus if the bus isn't already full and has left for the park before even hitting the El Centro stop. I'd love some insight on this if I'm thinking something wrong about it.
It is close to both the main building and the feature pool. For us, shorter walks to/from an evening swim or a run for mug refills matter more than a shorter walk to an advantageous bus stop in the morning, particularly when we're traveling in the winter months and often find that walk back from the pool to be rather chilly.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: