Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #76
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Today is Sunday, January 13

Rachel wakes up feeling much better and now I'm thinking maybe she had motion sickness? got too excited for Disney and it caused her stomach to be upset? just ate something that didn't agree with her?

I'm not sure but I'm thanking God that we all seem to be ok today!!

We got up at 6:45am and at breakfast. The girls play with the Lego Friends Brickmaster set that I got them until we arrive in Sanford at 9:20am.

Unfortunately, we had to wait until 10:35am for our SUV since we were one of the last ones. A quick stop to McD's for an early lunch and off to Walmart for groceries and a few souvenirs. Then we check into our room at

Now when Rachel and I went to Pop Century for our Mother-Daughter trip in July, we stopped over at Art of Animation resort and simply fell in love with it. So I knew I wanted to stay here in January.

Our Lion King room was ready on the 1st floor, Building #10, Room 5038 -- the 2nd closest room to the Main Lobby!! We quickly take photos of the room and unpack.

Main shower -- this reminds me of the shower I LOVE so much at Kidani!!

cute bed

The way the designers created these rooms are amazing!! Here is one of the wonderful lamps
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #77
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

The dining room table and leaf chairs ...

that also converts to a bed

A closer image of Simba (this is in the Murphy bed when it is made up as a bed)

The 2nd bathroom

the living room and sofa bed. Note the cloud lamp in the ceiling

Kitchenette

Another really cool lamp. This one turns on by stepping on the switch on the floor (yes, I had to call up the front desk and ask how to turn it on!!

Rachel was happy to find some Hidden Mickeys (sorry if this is upside down...it looks fine on photobucket for me, so not sure what is wrong...but you get the idea)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #78
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

So glad Rachel seems to be feeling better the next day

Lion King room is adorable!!

I love the table and then the pull down bed.

All the lamps are great.

Such a pretty , fun room
Old 02-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #79
Marshay

After quickly unpacking, we head over to DHS to meet up with our friends from Tampa. We can't actually get to DHS from AoA b/c the roads are still closed from the Marathon they had earlier that day. So we end up going to MK and try to find another way to DHS but the parking attendant sends us back the way we came and told us the roads are now open.

They were not.

So we decided to leave WDW property and come back into WDW and go to DHS from the less known entrance. This was completely empty and what we should have done all along!

Anyway, we meet our friends and let the girls run around at Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. However, this was crowded, as you can see!!

Then off to Star Tours where I previously told Rachel that if she gets in her seat and has a big smile on her face and looks up at the screen right away ... she might get picked to be the Rebel Spy!!

And sure enough -- she is!!

Rachel thought that was great and our group of 7 all gave a cheer for her!

Then we went to Muppets and Rachel found some Hidden Mickeys on the ground by where it looks like they spilled paint

Then we rode TSMM, went to one of the last shows for Disney Jr with Little Einsteins/Handy Manny and head over to Sci Fi Dine In Theater.

Now I've heard many mixed reviews on this but I wanted to give it a try. We only had a ressie for the 4 of us but they were able to let us add on 3 more people.

I had previously been warned by my January friends that this restaurant is good as "long as you stick to the burgers. Do not venture away from the burgers!"

Well, since we just had McD's earlier that day, I wasn't in the mood for another burger so I timidly ventured out and got the Salmon BLT. This is not the best pic but you get the idea
Old 02-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #80
Marshay

And the Salmon BLT was delicious!! It had a little spice to it which was surprising to me but since it is somewhat dark in the restaurant, I probably just missed that ingredient on the menu.

We had a blast laughing at the old movies that were on the screen. Jerry is a sci-fi buff, esp of old "B" movies and was just commenting the whole time on the movies!

I did take the advice of my Dissers and ordered a milk shake for me and got Elizabeth a special Ariel cup with light up figure on it.

Now Jerry got the burger, created the way he wanted it and said it was good. Not great. Not the best burger he ever had but it was good.

So I'm glad with my choice and would definitely eat here again!

After dinner, our friend leave to drive back to Tampa and we just wander the gift shops and take in the ambience of DHS. We get back to our room at 7:55pm and finish unpacking.

We get to bed and are all tired.

Rachel and Elizabeth decide to sleep together in the Murphy pull-down bed. The walls are VERY thin at AoA and they can hear every noise in the hallway ... and we can too, from our room. Boo!!

However, we all fall asleep and about 30 minutes later, Rachel is making all kinds of moaning and groaning noises and crying in her sleep and we can't figure out what in the world is going on. We wake her up but that seems to be worse and she won't talk to us.

Finally we move her to the sofa bed and she finally tells us, "Can you put the trash can near my bed in case I need it?"

UGH ... please not again.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #81
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
So glad Rachel seems to be feeling better the next day

Lion King room is adorable!!

I love the table and then the pull down bed.

All the lamps are great.

Such a pretty , fun room
yes, she seemed to be fine this day and we just tried to limit her on what she was eating this day.

Lion King rooms are great! I'm hoping to try the Nemo rooms next time, but would be fine with LK. We did tour the Cars rooms last year and they just do not appeal to me -- too 1950s/60s barren.

This room was just so neat!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #82
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I understand. We have been at the DLR when one or more of sick and I have felt the same way.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #83
cherbear
DIS Veteran

I'm here!! Glad I'm not too late :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Today is Saturday, January 12th and we are finally going to Disney World!! After all the holidays and cold weather and sicknesses, we are soooo ready to go.

This is the 10th Autotrain trip (one way) for Rachel and me and the 8th for Jerry and Elizabeth. We definitely are liking the Autotrain!!

So we leave at our usual time around 12 noon and drive to Lorton, VA arriving around 12:45pm. However, there is a LOT of traffic and it is totally blocking Lorton Road, a main intersection to enter the station as well as to get on I-95. We have never encountered this much traffic before and my first thought is that 'something' has gone wrong. This is more than just heavy traffic, although our train is also full.

After an hour of waiting on the side of the main road, we are able to check in and inquire what happened.

Unfortunately, the northbound train from FL only arrived at 12 noon (3 hours late), Amtrak is short staffed b/c of the rampant flu going around and the Coach Lounge car broke down along the way and they were not able to fix it but had to off-load that train car before allowing any new passengers on board.

So 300+ people arrive to get off the train right as 462 people start arriving to get on the train. UGH!!

While waiting to board, we ate sandwiches in the terminal and Elie played with the other kids. Rachel slept on the floor ...hmm, what is up with that?

I give great KUDOS to Amtrak -- they did an awesome job moving everyone and everything around and we actually left on time! We went straight to the lounge car to claim a booth.

What a relaxing way to travel!! Elie and me

Rachel and Jerry

I mean, can you really beat this -- spread out in a booth, drink some wine or 3, play games, watch scenery.

Oh, and did you check out my lovely nails?! Yes, I got them painted a fire engine red (or hot sexy red as Jerry calls them!). I did a gel nail this time which was supposed to last about 2-3 weeks. We'll see...

This is the part of the trip that is so fun!! I mean, as we look out on I-95 and see the traffic or the bad weather or imagine ourselves cramped on a flight or in our vehicle, we are always so thankful that we are on the train. This is really fun!!

Or so we think ...

As we are playing games, snacking and talking ... Rachel announces, "my stomach hurts. I feel like I'm ...."

so glad they moved things quickly!

Before you said anything, I noticed how pretty your nails are! I haven't done the gel nails yet but I want to!

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #84
cherbear
DIS Veteran

poor Rachel and her sickies! But I saw your earlier "spoiler" comment so I'm curious as to what happens...

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #85
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR and pictures!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #86
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Looks like a fun time at DHS with your friends. The play area did look pretty crowded

I am glad you enjoyed your meal at Sci Fi and your sandwich was good

I am praying Rachel's sickness does not come back and stomach hurting a little is the end of it
Old 02-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #87
shalom
DIS Veteran

The Lion King rooms look really fun! Thanks for photographing all the details -- I was just wishing for a closer look at the lamps, and you provided it! Now I just need some Grandchildren to help me convince hubby we should try them.

Bummer about the noise, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Finally we move her to the sofa bed and she finally tells us, "Can you put the trash can near my bed in case I need it?"

Well, so far she seems to be timing these bouts well. *knocks wood*
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #88
cherbear
DIS Veteran

hope all is well with your family, Marsha. Just checking in on you....but no rush

Old 03-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #89
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Hope all is okay and you are just busy with school activities

can't wait for more
Old 11-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #90
Marshay

OMG -- How can almost a whole year go by and I still haven't finished my TR! It's only 17 days until our next trip.

Ok, I'm going to at least provide the abbreviated version. Hope many come back to finish it too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: