Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #1891
leebee
DIS Veteran

I'm confused about the order of applying... I received an email on 2/9/13 that apps for the fall/fall advantage 2013 CP are now being taken. I checked online and saw that performer auditions are being held in mid-March. Do I need to apply/interview for the CP before going to an audition? Do I have to be accepted into the CP before auditioning? I am just confused as to the order in which to do all this!

Do you think there's a better chance of getting an entertainment role if you attend an audition that is NOT at WDW (assuming that off-site auditions are smaller)? Also, I've seen lots of good info about face/fur characters, but what are the chances of being hired as a dancer (stage, parade, etc) for the CP? I am hoping that they hire more dancers in the fall program because of all the stage shows and parades associated with MNSSHP, MVMCP, and the holiday shows in general. Any info on becoming a CP dancer would be greatly appreciated! (ps I am 5 feet, 5 and 3/4 inches... didn't make the Rockette audition cut as they are super strict about 5'6", barefoot... how closely does Disney stick to heights?)
Old 02-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #1892
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

As answered in the FAQs on the Disney Programs Blog, you don't necessarily have apply/interview in advance, but it is highly advised that you at least begin the application process.

From experience, most audition groups are decently sized. It's quite logical that the Florida Auditions at Disney's Animal Kingdom Wardrobe/Rehearsal Facility will be a larger proportion, given that it is the very first audition for the semester, near Walt Disney World Property, and accounting for most applicants in the Florida area.

As far as chances/probability goes for having x role I don't exactly know, as it most likely depends upon the needs and availability at the time. The positions that are auditioned for during these auditions are only fur characters, character look-alikes, and parade performers. Stage roles are equity, as are most shows.

In addition, I think you'd find the Character Performer Auditions thread quite helpful. I'd honestly advise reading through the majority of the Character Performer Auditions thread and the Character Heights/CP Auditions thread, first and foremost as the majority of questions have been previously answered.

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #1893
leebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
As answered in the FAQs on the Disney Programs Blog, you don't necessarily have apply/interview in advance, but it is highly advised that you at least begin the application process.

From experience, most audition groups are decently sized. It's quite logical that the Florida Auditions at Disney's Animal Kingdom Wardrobe/Rehearsal Facility will be a larger proportion, given that it is the very first audition for the semester, near Walt Disney World Property, and accounting for most applicants in the Florida area.

As far as chances/probability goes for having x role I don't exactly know, as it most likely depends upon the needs and availability at the time. The positions that are auditioned for during these auditions are only fur characters, character look-alikes, and parade performers. Stage roles are equity, as are most shows.

In addition, I think you'd find the Character Performer Auditions thread quite helpful. I'd honestly advise reading through the majority of the Character Performer Auditions thread and the Character Heights/CP Auditions thread, first and foremost as the majority of questions have been previously answered.

Have a Magical Day!

Thank you for your response. I had no idea there was a blog about this. Also, although I had read some of the other two threads, one has 60+ pages and the other almost 130 pages, going back over several years (2008?). The info is hard to find, and it gets confusing as people ask questions, different answers are given, and things change over the years. That's why I asked a couple of specific answers; these threads have become too unwieldy to be very informative.

Thanks again for your responses to my questions.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #1894
olikyu
Earning My Ears

I have one more questions regarding auditions. Say I do not get picked as a face character, and I decide I don't want to do a fur character - can I decide to switch my role to something like merchandise, character attendant, etc.? Or am I stuck as a performer?
olikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #1895
taigirl87
Resident Pixie Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by olikyu View Post
I have one more questions regarding auditions. Say I do not get picked as a face character, and I decide I don't want to do a fur character - can I decide to switch my role to something like merchandise, character attendant, etc.? Or am I stuck as a performer?
Even if you were chosen as a face character, you would still do Fur. And once you are given a role you can not switch roles just because you don't like what they offered.
taigirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #1896
olikyu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigirl87 View Post
Even if you were chosen as a face character, you would still do Fur. And once you are given a role you can not switch roles just because you don't like what they offered.
Okay, thank you! I hope it didn't come off as though I wouldn't like that, I'd appreciate any performing, haha. I shouldn't have said stuck - I just know I can be very indecisive sometimes and wouldn't be surprised if I decided I wanted to do something else at that point. Hoppers are the only ones that switch around, am I correct?
olikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #1897
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

In addition to what TaiGirl said, you also have the option to decline your program if you don't feel comfortable doing Fur Character. I'd honestly recommend being 100% positive with all of your role choices, so you can enjoy your time!

Quote:
Okay, thank you! I hope it didn't come off as though I wouldn't like that, I'd appreciate any performing, haha. I shouldn't have said stuck - I just know I can be very indecisive sometimes and wouldn't be surprised if I decided I wanted to do something else at that point. Hoppers are the only ones that switch around, am I correct?
The Performer Roles are wonderful *Unique* opportunities, and I'd honestly love it! Again, be 100% honestly positive with yourself. It is honestly great fun, and you'd enjoy it!

If you mean locations, no. Hoppers and several other roles have the opportunities to switch locations. From what I've perceived the role, it is closely related to QSFB given the application description. Again, it's a really rare role and I haven't heard many CP Alumni that have had the opportunity of the elusive Hopper Role. You may receive a better response in the CP Questions thread as it's not Character Heights/CP Auditions related.

Have a Most Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
Old 02-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #1898
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You won't know until you arrive if you are face or not. You may get fit at an audition or be hired as a PFLA - but could get to Orlando and not get the role in the end.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #1899
Spo0nfulofSugar
Impatiently waiting for College

I know this question doesn't really belong here, but I was wondering...
Does Disney consider different accents? Like if I was, say, Australian, would Disney no longer consider me for a face role or would they just expect me to be able to mask it?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #1900
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spo0nfulofSugar View Post
I know this question doesn't really belong here, but I was wondering...
Does Disney consider different accents? Like if I was, say, Australian, would Disney no longer consider me for a face role or would they just expect me to be able to mask it?
Why, Hello!

Quite the interesting question, Ma'am. Depending on what Character Role you Audition for, it is considered.

Obviously, if you are Fur/Parade you would be more than fine. It gets tricky when you get into Face, but that should be fine too. There's way to train it, and most if heard enough, can transit to American accents quite simply. There is the possibility that they will figure it out if you make it the spoken portion of the audition.

In reverse, there are roles that can have accents (such as Naveen and Tiana) which makes them even more them. Give it's quite simple to put on an accent, you would still be considered.

All in all, not everyone can have a Central American Accent. Some of us have British Accents, Some Eastern, and Some Australian... there's way to account for it.

Hope that answered your question beyond my rambling.

Have a Magical Day~

―Walt Disney
Old 03-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #1901
angelicaleah31
Earning My Ears

are the newer princesses around the same height as the older ones? like Merida and Rapunzel?
angelicaleah31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #1902
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicaleah31 View Post
are the newer princesses around the same height as the older ones? like Merida and Rapunzel?
In terms of Face Character Height, Merida is 5’4″ – 5’6″ (which is in the height range of Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Ariel, Snow White, Jasmine, and Other Princesses)

Rapunzel is 5'4" - 5'7" which places around the same height range as well.

Have a Magical Day!

(Someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

―Walt Disney
Old 03-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #1903
jobro912
Mouseketeer

So who's auditioning for Fall/Fall Advantage?
My son is going March 23 in Austin. He was
measured down last year at 5'10. His range
seems to be from Tigger to Goofy heights.
jobro912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #1904
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro912 View Post
So who's auditioning for Fall/Fall Advantage?
My son is going March 23 in Austin. He was
measured down last year at 5'10. His range
seems to be from Tigger to Goofy heights.
Good luck! I would love to hear more about his audition experience after it is over! My son is still in high school, but he will be auditioning in Austin as soon as he is eligible. He is currently 5'7" which would mean Peter Pan or Terrence for face, parade dancer, or fur.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #1905
mscap123
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and I just had a quick question. It may have been answered somewhere in this gigantic thread but I don't have the time to read through all the posts!

I was at the most recent CP audition for the Fall 2013 program in Orlando. I made it to the second round (yay!) but I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not you could be considered for face even if they don't ask you to stay and fit you. I don't even know if they were doing that at the audition but they asked a girl from my group to stay behind after the final audition was done. They did take everyones pictures once we moved on to the smaller group for the second round.

Thanks!
mscap123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: