Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #16
mymickeyfans
Mouseketeer

We have a large family group going as well and just booked at 6 bedroom, 5 bathroom house with it's own splash pool at Paradise Palms resort. It's 10 minutes from Disney, but you will need a rental car. We've never stayed here, but the resort looks nice, it's new and I've heard great things about it. It also has a resort movie theater, game room, large resort pool and club house.

Have fun no matter where you decide

POR-10/8-10/14 2012
Paradise Palms - 10/11-10/20 2013
Windsor Hills - 11/7-11/15/2015
mymickeyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #17
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
Two connecting deluxe rooms would also work. I have found a huge room at the Poly in the Tokelau (sp) building and we had ten between two connecting rooms and it worked out well. We had a discount and it came out to about $300 per night per room with tax. So not so bad spit between three families. I dont think the values will let you book 3 rooms without a parent in each room. You may also be able to do 2 family suites at Art of Animation but I think the Poly option may be cheaper. Good luck and happy planning.
That must have been a great discount or a few years back, My standard view Polynesian room with 30% discount in June is $420 a night. In contrast, I booked two rooms at AKL with the einter discount for $189 a night this past January. Another option might be a few rooms at the Swan/Dolphin. They can be found for around $200 or so with AAA sometimes and give discounts to teachers and nurses.
offsite'71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,C R'03,WL'04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05 ,YC'06,PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14),Swan (11/14)

Last edited by rcraw45425; 02-19-2013 at 07:26 PM.
rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #18
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

2 adjoining rooms at the beach club would be cheaper than the poly...can't beat the pool...and the convenience to Epcot and HS.
TwistGrl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #19
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

There are many options, what's your budget?

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:44 PM   #20
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistGrl101 View Post
2 adjoining rooms at the beach club would be cheaper than the poly...can't beat the pool...and the convenience to Epcot and HS.
They have a couple of younger children that could make Stormalong Bay a real nightmare.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:59 PM   #21
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Dedicated 2br at AKL-Kidani or BLT. You would get 3 full bathrooms, mom dad and baby (in PNP) in master, 4 kids in 2Q in second bedroom, and 3 kids on pull-outs in FR (full and twin). I recently slept in the full pull-out and it was fine (Kidani) and my 7yo comfortably slept on the chair/twin pull-out.

You would have a full kitchen, bigger dining table/bench at BLT (but harder to book). Also, better quick service options at BLT (Contempo Cafe at Contemporary)...easier than shuttling/walking over to Jambo house.

Book points either directly with someone on the DVC forums or through David's website. Both pools are smallish, so easier to manage.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #22
MK2010
Mouseketeer

We're a family of 6 and took my parents with us this last September. We stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort which is a timeshare. We booked through Vacation Strategies, Vacation Upgrades is also a good option. Although it is considered off property, it is situated directly across from CBR. They have shuttles that run to the parks (although I would get a rental car). They have 1,2,3, and 4 bedrooms available and all have complete kitchens and washer/ dryer in room. There are 3 pools on property and mini golf as well which is free. Sometimes, you can also request a fireworks view and be able to see the Epcot ball/fireworks from your patio. Our two bedroom this past September was $120/night. I hope wherever you choose it makes a magical vacation for you.
ASMu 2009
MK2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #23
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
If 2 deluxe rooms are too expensive you can get 2 connecting rooms at POR. I know they are not guaranteed. But I've always been given connecting rooms when we travel with other people. Even when I only requested that we are near each other we were assigned connecting rooms.
This would be my suggestion for a more economical way to stay on site. The resort is lovely and the rooms are pretty newly refurbished.
We did one room as a family of 5 and were fine. Deluxe rooms would give you more room, but if you don't mind sharing the smaller space, it's a great option.

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 AM   #24
disneymomtotwins
disneymomtotwins

For a family of 10, you might want to try Port Orleans Riverside as their AB section sleeps 5 per room so two standard rooms would fit your family.

2014 Sept/Oct All Star Sports-Preferred w/Free QS/with a day or two at Universal
2013 Nov Pop Century-Preferred Pool w/Free QS Dining
2012 March Pop Century-Standard Pool w/Free QS Dining
2010 Oct Port Orleans Riverside-Standard w/Free Dining
2009 Mar-Apr offsite house rental Somerset,Remington
disneymomtotwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #25
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
Dedicated 2br at AKL-Kidani or BLT. You would get 3 full bathrooms, mom dad and baby (in PNP) in master, 4 kids in 2Q in second bedroom, and 3 kids on pull-outs in FR (full and twin). I recently slept in the full pull-out and it was fine (Kidani) and my 7yo comfortably slept on the chair/twin pull-out.

You would have a full kitchen, bigger dining table/bench at BLT (but harder to book). Also, better quick service options at BLT (Contempo Cafe at Contemporary)...easier than shuttling/walking over to Jambo house.

Book points either directly with someone on the DVC forums or through David's website. Both pools are smallish, so easier to manage.
I would do this too in your situation. BLT is on the monorail and the 3 bathrooms and full kitchen would be a huge plus. If you rent the points from a member it makes it much cheaper than booking directly through Disney.
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #26
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

We are a family of 10. We will either stay in three rooms at a value (we have an 18 year old dd and a 16 yo ds, so either could be in charge of room #3) or two rooms at POR (with trundle bed).
We have ALWAYS gotten connecting rooms at values. I know they are not guaranteed, even though the paper work says they are guaranteed for families, but we have always gotten them.

Our youngest has not yet been...we are hoping to go back soon!

Enjoy!

PS - we drive our own vehicle to FL, but prefer to park it when there and let Disney drive us. Thus our preference for onsite. Dh doesn't want to deal with driving a 15 passenger van around WDW.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: